Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Nah I actually would not do that. I don’t love all the Buckeye players as they project to the nfl. I give my honest assessment. Some are better prospects than others. 

Just found out Anthony Gonzalez is a republican Congressman in Ohio lol. I hated him for shredding Texas Longhorns at will.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still hate Limas Sweed for that one Bowl game 

Oh Limas. One of those good college players you watch enough to know he had bust written all over him. I'm struggling to think of the best active NFL Texas alumn.. used to bang Jamaal Charles' drum. Can't be Orakpo..? There's gotta be someone obvious I'm missing

Nah it's Orakpo. They've caught quite the injury bug. Aaron Williams, Earl Thomas, Jamaal Charles, Kenny Vaccaro.. 

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

21 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh Limas. One of those good college players you watch enough to know he had bust written all over him. I'm struggling to think of the best active NFL Texas alumn.. used to bang Jamaal Charles' drum. Can't be Orakpo..? There's gotta be someone obvious I'm missing

Nah it's Orakpo. They've caught quite the injury bug. Aaron Williams, Earl Thomas, Jamaal Charles, Kenny Vaccaro.. 

Swoopes has looked good at TE so far! He’s probably going to bounce around but I’d take him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Swoopes has looked good at TE so far!

haha Orakpo on that Titans roster. He's been criminally underrated for as long as he's been good in the league and always is on a good defense when he's playing, barring like 2 bad redskins seasons.

Titans defense is the real deal, I could see a run in the playoffs before losing to a more balanced Chiefs or Chargers team. They'd own the Steelers same way Jags did. Steelers run up against a good DC in the playoffs and they always get punched in the mouth. Geez the AFC is WEAK this year.

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

haha Orakpo on that Titans roster. He's been criminally underrated for as long as he's been good in the league and always is on a good defense when he's playing, barring like 2 bad redskins seasons.

Titans defense is the real deal, I could see a run in the playoffs before losing to a more balanced Chiefs or Chargers team. They'd own the Steelers same way Jags did. Steelers run up against a good DC in the playoffs and they always get punched in the mouth. Geez the AFC is WEAK this year.

Still hard to believe that Allen beat two of the league’s best defenses in Tenn and Minn

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Still hard to believe that Allen beat two of the league’s best defenses in Tenn and Minn

Yeah, it's a game of attrition when 2 defensive oriented teams duke it out, and Allen played those games exactly the way you want him to play knowing you're up against a stout defense and have 2 lesser offenses. Moreso the Titans game. I think of that as a blueprint for how we get things done against bottom tier teams next year. That's basically what the Jags did to us before making a run. 2 very similar teams. JA can beat them and we got something going here.

And against the better offenses a defense doesn't always show in the regular season, but you can see the difference when the Patriots can outgun the Chiefs when no defense exists, and then they hit brick walls against the usual suspects: the Titans, the Jags, the Lions, all defensively oriented, and not exactly great. I want to see the Bills finally beat these jacked up offenses with a decent offense of their own to frustrate a team that's only good at one thing and bang away at their defense that suck at playing down in score. The blueprint and really my only faith in Beane's rebuild.. He's building from the defense, and I'll always be 100% on board with that. Loved me the 2014 Bills. Can't take that from Whaley. We just gotta have the stars align and have a top 10 offense while we still have the defense. And Allen's at least showed he can fit that blueprint with the Titans.

That's why the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and Saints all got it coming together. 2 with historically good defenses (Rams and Chiefs) that got supercharged on offense, and vice versa for the other 2. 

It ALWAYS comes together when the better defensive teams hurdle the regular season and make waves in the playoffs ie. Vikings, Eagles, Jags last year. When it's one and done, it's a LOT easier to smash them on the defensive side of the ball as the offensive juggernauts have everything to lose on any given play and get frustrated when they don't have much to gain.

It's why the Bills couldn't beat the likes of Rypien and Hostetler soundly with Kelly.. ran into a great defense and just lacked too much on their own side. Obsv Cowboys too.

Ed Oliver was being touted as something of a second coming of Aaron Donald, but this season it's become apparent he doesn't have the strength and doesn't play with the leverage of Aaron Donald.  He's also had some injury issues and seems to be something of a prima donna.  I'd pick Bosa between the two of them.  BTW, Quinnen Williams is the new hot DT prospect.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Ed Oliver was being touted as something of a second coming of Aaron Donald, but this season it's become apparent he doesn't have the strength and doesn't play with the leverage of Aaron Donald.  He's also had some injury issues and seems to be something of a prima donna.  I'd pick Bosa between the two of them.  BTW, Quinnen Williams is the new hot DT prospect.

If he falls because he got mad at Major Applewhite being a dumb*** and trying to take his jacket off of him in the middle of the game.. I'd take him. That ain't no prima donna that's just a grown man taking issue to someone taking clothes off of him.

I don't know if he has any others, but that's funny and I don't fault Oliver for that at all. The only narrative I see is he's taking off games to stay healthy, and that turned out alright for Jadaveon Clowney. Sometimes these trenchmen are gearing for the next level and are all the more focused to succeed. For all the Dareus's and Haynesworth's, you want your DLs to have an edge you got Sapp, Clowney, Suh.. total knuckleheads that are nasty and don't need any motivation other than hating quarterbacks lol. I'd love a monster DT again.

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

If he falls because he got mad at Major Applewhite being a dumb*** and trying to take his jacket off of him in the middle of the game.. I'd take him. That ain't no prima donna that's just a grown man taking issue to someone taking clothes off of him.

I don't know if he has any others, but that's funny and I don't fault Oliver for that at all. The only narrative I see is he's taking off games to stay healthy, and that turned out alright for Jadaveon Clowney. Sometimes these trenchmen are gearing for the next level and are all the more focused to succeed. For all the Dareus's and Haynesworth's, you want your DLs to have an edge you got Sapp, Clowney, Suh.. total knuckleheads that are nasty and don't need any motivation other than hating quarterbacks lol. I'd love a monster DT again.

Except he's not a 'grown man', he's 20 years old and was clearly acting like a prima donna. 

And it doesn't matter if Applewhite was 'right' or not, he's the coach.  Tell me how often teams win once they are openly disrespecting their coach.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Except he's not a 'grown man', he's 20 years old and was clearly acting like a prima donna. 

And it doesn't matter if Applewhite was 'right' or not, he's the coach.  Tell me how often teams wins once they are openly disrespecting their coach.

How often do coaches do that! That's insane. Pro coaches don't make these stupid stands. When they do they look like ***holes, Jim Mora trades away Marshall Faulk to make a point when he's like 30 seconds late to a meeting. Those coaches are idiots.

Like.. McDermott can draft him and just don't take his damn clothes off. Dude, that would piss off 90% of people in ANY situation. You're already wearing the damn clothes and some jack*** is grabbing you and forcibly removing it.

EDIT: Nevermind I got my facts a little dramatic. It's still a dumb "I'm in charge" move that I hate seeing in coaches whose job is to win football games, not ego battles.

Despite the regurgitated hyperbole, Ed Oliver is still a stud and all the footage and games  show it.

13.5 TFL and 3 sacks in 7 games this year not to mention what he did the previous 2 seasons.

If he’s not a top 5 pick, the team that he falls to will run to the podium.

43 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I heard it being talked about today and apparently Oliver was sitting out due to injury but was running around on the field in warmups trying to make OBJ catches and twisting around on the “bad” knee, and applewhite didn’t like that. I guess the optics of it, and that he was healthy enough to do that then he could have played. Then applewhite physically tried to remove the coat, and that’s when Oliver really lost it. So bottom line is I think it was about more than the coat and this was just the culmination. I don’t think he will drop in the draft, regardless. 

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard it being talked about today and apparently Oliver was sitting out due to injury but was running around on the field in warmups trying to make OBJ catches and twisting around on the “bad” knee, and applewhite didn’t like that. I guess the optics of it, and that he was healthy enough to do that then he could have played. Then applewhite physically tried to remove the coat, and that’s when Oliver really lost it. So bottom line is I think it was about more than the coat and this was just the culmination. I don’t think he will drop in the draft, regardless. 

Yeah I suspected it was more than a dumb coat thing. Doubt he drops either

He's definitely pulling a Jadaveon and they've lost twice with him out, so I can see why Applewhite is ticked. Idk man I know the bottom line for a college coach is winning, but they gotta know their 1st round draft grade guys need to go without injury. 

Cardale shoulda left when he had a first round grade after what.  2 games? Lienart shoulda left when he had a better grade too. No reason not to.

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This makes Oliver look like even more of a turd.  Avoid.

53 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Despite the regurgitated hyperbole, Ed Oliver is still a stud and all the footage and games  show it.

13.5 TFL and 3 sacks in 7 games this year not to mention what he did the previous 2 seasons.

If he’s not a top 5 pick, the team that he falls to will run to the podium.

Wow, three sacks in the American West Conference?   

Yep, run, don’t walk, to that podium.

Edited by mannc

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Ehhh, I don't see anything wrong with protecting your future earnings. Bosa just flat out quit school to get ready for the combine.   So to fault Oliver for doing what others have done is meh.  Didn't Rosen sit out his bowl game last year?  

Not exactly. He has an injury that won’t be 100% in time for him to play this season, so he left school because he knew he was declaring. 

Pretty sure Rosen had a concussion for his bowl game

Edited by YoloinOhio