Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

It would be crazy to go defense in round 1 unless we added a lot of free agents to the offense. We need to trade down. We need a WR, TE, and 2 olinemen by the end of round 2.

We have a good pass rush, our offense sucks. Bosa would make zero impact on our win total in 2019.

I am 100% wanting to trade back unless there is a generational OT.

Jonah Williams? I don’t know about “generational” but he’s the best OT in the draft. Has experience playing RT as well. 

1 hour ago, billspro said:

It would be crazy to go defense in round 1 unless we added a lot of free agents to the offense. We need to trade down. We need a WR, TE, and 2 olinemen by the end of round 2.

We have a good pass rush, our offense sucks. Bosa would make zero impact on our win total in 2019.

I am 100% wanting to trade back unless there is a generational OT.

This makes sense

What if you thought Bosa waw the next Bruce Smith and he is sitting there for us? Do you trade out of it and let someone grab it in hopes that later on that OT is there? Thats the dillema I think.

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

I would draft Bosa hands down but I worry that because of Bosa's decision, I don't think McDermott would consider him based on character.

I know we have a lot of cap space...but other teams have money too. I don't think that McDermott and Beane have done enough to ensure that Buffalo is an attractive landing spot for top UFAs. Their inability to put an NFL offense on the field, much less a NFL-caliber quarterback, has done a lot to hurt the Bills chances despite having money.

I hear what you are saying- hopefully Allen shows some steady progress down the stretch making it more enticing to FA’s. Its nice to have cap space but not smart to overpay- see Dareus.

On 9/18/2018 at 4:45 PM, BoldBully said:

Trade back with Oakland for there 2 first rounders and draft O-line and WR

Best specific scenario, but regardless, if we end up in the top 12 picks I'm still for trading back in all honesty.

4 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

All these fans that demand a trade down:

1. You have to have a partner to trade down with and are they willing to pay the price you want?

2. This isn't Madden 2018: You can't override a trade and get what you think you would get.

Not to mention you are missing out on some great talent! The best players go early, period. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

The pick must be used on an offensive player, preferably someone who can get open and catch the football.  Period.  If a defensive player is the clear BPA, then trade down.  

Disagree. We're not good enough to take that mentality.

If there is a CB or pass rusher you can envision in a gold jacket, you take them. 

I get the need for offensive help, but we need more elite talent. The only player we can put in that class right now is Tre White. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/19/2018 at 11:14 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Is there any way we can take him with our first AND second pick?

Beane and McDermott have shown a penchant for drafting a single player with multiple picks, so yes. 

On 9/21/2018 at 10:05 PM, peterpan said:

Reminds me of the year we took Darius. I really wanted to trade down.  I really liked Cam Jordan.  JJ watt was a stud.  And also thought Robert Quinn woulda looked great for the bills. 

Turns out Darius was the worst of the bunch and was taken first.  

TRADE BACK.  it's like hunting with a shot gun v a sniper rifle.  Considering the bills scouts are legally blind it makes that much more sense too

Last time they traded back they passed on Mahomes. Doesn’t look like a brilliant move right now. 

18 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If there is a CB or pass rusher you can envision in a gold jacket, you take them. 

I get the need for offensive help, but we need more elite talent. The only player we can put in that class right now is Tre White. 

I agree with your disagreement.

25 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

We have an elite defense right now and it’s going to get us to 5-11.  We need to join the modern NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

This is all fun to speculate about, but since we don’t know where we’re drafting, or who is available, or what we might get in a trade down in terms of additional picks and who still might be available later.......you may get my point already. 

It’s still October. 

Oliver or Bosa look like great options. The quicker passing game today maybe makes interior penetration more important? Hard to get there in 2 seconds from the outside. I’d hate to suck enough to have a shot at either guy, but it may happen. 

If the future HOF player happens to be on defense, I take him over a second rate OG or WR. Too soon to say....

8 hours ago, mannc said:

The pick must be used on an offensive player, preferably someone who can get open and catch the football.  Period.  If a defensive player is the clear BPA, then trade down.  

Unless a defensive player is BPA.

Unless it's a OL player worth that high a pick , I would trade down. Bills have too many needs on offense. 

Another option if a team offers to trade a solid RT for the Bill's 1st rd pick.

Edited by ALF

On 9/19/2018 at 12:52 AM, CDogg20 said:

Stick at 1 and take Bosa. We need elite talent. 

This  

I am amazed how many fans would seemingly give up an elite defensive penetrator to trade back and collect picks to fill holes. 

Using the draft to fill holes is what has helped keep this franchise back all these years. When you can take elite, premium talent at key positions you take it. If we end up at say 6 or 7 and you don't think there is a big drop between the guys available there and at 17 or 18 I am all for a trade back. I am not for a trade back when I am leaving top end elite prospects up there. 

• Thank you (+1) 2