Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He loves Trump so half of the board will love him and half hate him. 

15 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Probably more than half of his board.  Personally, I don’t care about that as long as he isn’t obnoxious about it.  I would take Bosa and Kaepernick because I want the best non criminal team would can possible have.  The great thing about football is it takes a lot of different personalities to play and you become brothers despite your differences.

If he becomes a Bill and delivers a flying head butt to Tom Brady or Bill Belichick, EVERYONE will love him.

On 9/18/2018 at 6:59 PM, BillsPride12 said:

I would be excited with Bosa or Oliver but is there no clear cut legit Wide Receiver worth taking early coming out next year?

The Wide Receiver class does not appear to be that strong this year.

No one that looks like a Top 10 or Top 15 pick.

16 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You wouldn’t take Aaron Donald 1st overall?

I absolutely would.

Not if there was a quality edge rusher available.  

And by the way, back in ‘14, I was advacating that the Bills stay put and take Donald as BPA.

54 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Neither. If we pick #1 give me the top rated QB prospect or trade down. QB is the only position that’s matters and they have the highest value across the league. 

Is it? We just used a starting LT, a first round pick and 2 second round picks to take a QB. He has played a game and a half and you think that it is prudent to go QB again? This team has given up 78 points in 2 weeks but the QB is the only position that matters?!? It’s certainly the most important but we have that guy for another 30 games at least. Let’s see if he’s good by improving the team around him.

Draft

1. D.K. Metcalf-WR Ole Miss 6'4 225

2. Bobby Evans-LT Oklahoma 6'5 310

3. Diontae Johnson-WR Toledo 5'11 186

4. Jesse Burkett-C Stanford 6'4 306

Free Agency

Anthony Barr-LB Vikings

Daryl Williams-RT Panthers

Bradley Roby-CB Broncos

De'Anthony Thomas-WR Chiefs

In one offseason we fix our OL and WR issues. Thus investing in our young QB and we get two borderline Pro Bowlers to bolster our Defense. We could then go into the next offseason with really only DL being a massive need

Haven't seen much of either of these guys, a half dozen games or so over the last few years. I usually try to better educate myself about the prospects in the months before the draft, so that's my disclaimer.

Having said that I might be inclined to go with Ed Oliver, but only if he can show this year that he is capable of getting sacks at the next level in the high single digits. I don't know whether he will be able to do that given that he plays nose and is used as a disruptive force in defending the run. He's undersized for an NFL defensive tackle (he's probably smaller than listed) and should line up as a 3 tech in McDermott's 4/3 under IMO. If he can get the sacks and still rack up lots of run stops and tackles for loss I think it would be hard to pass on him. No offence to the Buckeyes and their supporters. Obviously I'd be delighted with either one.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I keep seeing people saying trade the pick.  You don't trade when you can draft a player that may likely end up in Canton.

Bosa is an absolute game changer.

You do when you have 8-9 holes on offense and a few more on defense. Trade. Down.

10 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I keep seeing people saying trade the pick.  You don't trade when you can draft a player that may likely end up in Canton.

Bosa is an absolute game changer.

Bosa is a "game changer" like Aaron Maybin was, against Florida Atlantic, he killed Ball State, Akron had no answers for him etc. etc.

He is slightly above average against Michigan, Penn State, Alabama, et. al.

Don't be fooled again Bills!

21 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Why would it make any difference for his pro career? It’s a sports hernia and he’s having the surgery in September. He will be 100% in 12 weeks max. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No you don't.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  You people have no patience.  As a matter of fact Beane's mentor said you don't.  

Pay attention to the trends of the league. Your best window to win is with a QB on his rookie deal before he starts chewing up a significant portion of the cap.