Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

Think we're stuck with Star for two more years after this one, unless we're able to trade him (unlikely). He has an out in his contract in 2021 where the dead cap hit isn't crazy. Can't see us taking another one technique guy.

Bosa would be nice, but I'd seriously look at the Oregon QB if we're picking first and there's any doubt about Josh.   

Ed Oliver does not project as a nose at the next level. He will be. a 3 tech. 

2 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Just for conversation....

Just assuming the Bill's get the first pick..which we certainly maynot..and your the GM would you draft Bosa or Oliver?

I dont watch alot of college so my expertise is limited to highlights...which means I have no clue...but Bosa obviously is a prolific pass rusher...but Oliver to me seems like more of an overall disruptive force.

Who would you guys rather have on the Bills?  

I would take Oliver due to the fact that he has played in every game (and started) in his career at Houston.

I like Bosa but the nagging injuries are a concern...those pumped up guys never seem to last. 

Side note: If we are the worst team at the end of the year and pick 1st overall, McBean better be ready to trade down (even a few times) and fill this rosters depth with good prospects/ starters.

If it has to be one or the other and no trade down, I would take Bosa. In the "most important positions of the NFL" hierarchy, edge rusher is #2. Since the Bills are going to have to "pay up" in order to retain their best drafted players, it should be at the most important positions first.

Adding a Mack/Miller calibur edge rusher would be a tremendous boost for the defense. Remember when the Bills drafted #3 overall in 2011? The general consensus was that the Broncos were going to draft Dareus @ #2 because DT was a major, major glaring hole on that team. Von Miller was considered to be a bit of a tweener by a lot of Bills fans, and was pegged to be drafted by the Bills. Denver instead took Miller, and the Bills got a great talent at DT...no need to elaborate further on those players and how it turned out, but the point is that the Broncos understood what's more important.

Oliver would be a great addition as well, but if you have a chance at a player like Bosa, I wouldn't pass it up. 

Now if a team offered a decent trade down to around 3-7, I may be inclined to accept and add picks, but it would depend on the return, and what players might be available and where certains players are expected to go based on teams' draft slotting. 

I admit to not having seen much of either guy, but in general I love that edge rusher. Having said that, in a world if quick throws on rub plays, pressure up the middle is the shortest path to the QB. But I have no idea who I’d want (as long as they can knock Brady into retirement). You’re welcome. 

4 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Just for conversation....

Just assuming the Bill's get the first pick..which we certainly maynot..and your the GM would you draft Bosa or Oliver?

I dont watch alot of college so my expertise is limited to highlights...which means I have no clue...but Bosa obviously is a prolific pass rusher...but Oliver to me seems like more of an overall disruptive force.

Who would you guys rather have on the Bills?  

You take the best player in the draft, we have 80+M in cap space, I'm going to assume we will be adding WR/OL help, there won't be a pass rusher of Bosa's  caliber sitting out in the FA market, if there is he'll cost you Khalil Mack money. Unless you're getting a redskins type of deal I'd keep the pick and take the best player.

19 minutes ago, BakersBills said:

BOSA or trade back, turn the first overall pick into 3 firsts+

id love to see the bills go from 1 to 20 picking up 3 firsts or more

You won't get anywhere close to that unless some QB turns into the second coming this season.   Also, there aren't that many teams who will be desperate for a QB next draft.  It'll be a year of teams drafting the heir apparent, not the immediate starter.

5 hours ago, par73 said:

Bosa-- elite game-changing pass rusher. When is the last time the Bills had one?

Bryce Paup

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I would be excited with Bosa or Oliver but is there no clear cut legit Wide Receiver worth taking early coming out next year?

Not at 1.