A retirement avalanche in the NFL.

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Adrian Peterson

Kyle Williams

Vontae Davis (Crap...sorry, brain fart)

Kyle Williams for sure. I don't see him playing for another year unless he really wants to see how the team does next year with all the cap space and draft picks.

7 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

That's the thought that actually made me start this. The majority of the players we know today who are big names are all old. What does the NFL look like in a few years? 

Maybe the 2018 draft class will have morphed into what the ‘83 class represented for so long, where a league without the likes of Marino, Elway, Kelly (and let’s not forget drafted with that same class, Todd Blackledge ?) was hard to imagine—but the torch passes invariably from generation to generation—I just hope Allen is not the Blackledge of this group. Early returns are promising though!

5 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Rules are in favor of the offense/qb- until a change happens, we will continue to see a passing league. The young QB’s will fill the void. 

It will still be a passing league, but I don't know that the guys out there are going to develop into another Brees, Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers.  We could see Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Wilson, Luck, Carr be the new premier QBs.   They're excellent players but they aren't in that super elite class where your team is a perennial contender on the strength of the QB position. 

I expect to see more parity after these guys move on.   We just witnessed another Golden Era of QB play where Super Bowls were won by the same few teams.  I could be completely wrong but that's my gut feeling.  Who knows, maybe Darnold, Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Allen become the next dominant QBs and compete with each other every year for rings?

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

It will still be a passing league, but I don't know that the guys out there are going to develop into another Brees, Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers.  We could see Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Wilson, Luck, Carr be the new premier QBs.   They're excellent players but they aren't in that super elite class where your team is a perennial contender on the strength of the QB position. 

I expect to see more parity after these guys move on.   We just witnessed another Golden Era of QB play where Super Bowls were won by the same few teams.  I could be completely wrong but that's my gut feeling.  Who knows, maybe Darnold, Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Allen become the next dominant QBs and compete with each other every year for rings?

Good point- we will have to wait and see with Darnold, Allen Rosen etc.... ya never know right?

Edited by billsfan_34

12 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

My sleeper is Gronk. I know he's only 30 next year, but he's taken a lifetime of hits and has already won Super Bowls. Plus, i think he's always just wanted to party full-time and accidentally fell backwards into a dynasty. Once that pressure's gone, he can finally fulfill his lifetime dream — endless spring break. 

Could be.  He’s certainly got nothing left to prove and he’s had his share of injuries. Can’t believe he’s not even 30 yet.

• Like (+1) 1