A retirement avalanche in the NFL.

I wanted to start this discussion for fun. There are a lot of players in the league who I feel like are always going to be there playing every Sunday until we die. We've grown up (old) with them, and have our own opinions and allegiances. 

For some reason, this year feels like it's going to be a huge tipping point for retirements (based on absolutely nothing, but lots of players just hanging on/around). 

Who do you think is done after this season? Hot takes and obvious picks both welcome.

I'll get a few of mine out there:

• Brady
  • Brees (HOT TAKE)
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

4 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I wanted to start this discussion for fun. There are a lot of players in the league who I feel like are always going to be there playing every Sunday until we die. We've grown up (old) with them, and have our own opinions and allegiances. 

For some reason, this year feels like it's going to be a huge tipping point for retirements (based on absolutely nothing, but lots of players just hanging on/around). 

Who do you think is done after this season? Hot takes and obvious picks both welcome.

• Brady
  • Brees (HOT TAKE)
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Adrian Peterson

Kyle Williams

Vontae Davis (Crap...sorry, brain fart)

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Ben’s contract goes through 2019. He is scheduled to make 23 million bucks and it’s the last year of his deal. I don’t see him walking away from that.

Fair point...

Ive got a feeling though that the Steelers are in for a long year this year and Tomlin might be headed for the unemployment line...

If that happens Ben might not want to be part of the rebuild next year...

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Ben’s contract goes through 2019. He is scheduled to make 23 million bucks and it’s the last year of his deal. I don’t see him walking away from that.

Brady will play a few more years in an attempt to legitimize his claims and make his buisness profitable.  

..plus Giselle had Rodak as her house boy anyway................

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Unless it happens at Halftimes doesnt matter anymore. That is the new retirement standard 

Sad but true. 

Halftime, or it didn't happen! 

Soon enough, the HOF will come to respect that as the new norm.....oh, wait.....that's probably already been tweeted?

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Sad but true. 

Halftime, or it didn't happen! 

Soon enough, the HOF will come to respect that as the new norm.....oh, wait.....that's probably already been tweeted?

I want someone to Really go for Broke. After the first quarter. 

Juan

Mills

Miller

JUAN

Danny

Anyone want to forever be remembered. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

In the next 3 years I think we will be looking at a league without Ben, Brees, Brady, or Rodgers.  Staffords and Ryans will be worth their weight in gold.  Wars will be fought over Newton.  The forward pass may become a thing of the past.

Not as long as Fitz is out there going full Russian Mob

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

In the next 3 years I think we will be looking at a league without Ben, Brees, Brady, or Rodgers.  Staffords and Ryans will be worth their weight in gold.  Wars will be fought over Newton.  The forward pass may become a thing of the past.

That's the thought that actually made me start this. The majority of the players we know today who are big names are all old. What does the NFL look like in a few years? 

23 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

• Brady
  • Brees (HOT TAKE)
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Kyle Williams