Vlad Ducasse...NFLs best pass blocker?

CDogg20

6 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Thanks for posting, agree he doesn't pass the eye test, but interesting that's how the stats read. Though don't be fooled by grades - also says nothing for run blocking, but that's another story. This is not an NFL caliber line, and they are not playing like an NFL caliber line. Ducasse will not be a part of the future line, nor will Miller or Groy the way things are going. So they can grade however they would like right now, it's still not going to be the line of next year. Just hope that Castillo is also shown the door.

To be honest, I think our OL play is more an issue in the run game, and passing game is occasionally, if not frequently, exacerbated by WRs not getting open plus Allen learning his reads and progressions while holding onto the ball. 

Agreed the run game has been a joke, gone downhill drastically over the last few years. It was once our calling card. Castillo has hurt this team but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately. Hopefully we get some good olinemen in the draft and free agency

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll said that most were from Allen holding on to the ball too long. He had well over 3 seconds to throw on average 

I thought they looked ok. Miller really struggles if they run a stunt or something in front of him. A few times Allen was running for his life and Miller never engaged a defender. 

47 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Through two weeks he’s been ranked as PFFs #1 pass blocker. Personally I think he’s trash and hasn’t passed the eye test at all but I know many people here hold PFF in high regard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vlad-ducasse-john-miller-brian-daboll-pff/amp/ 

Ducasse and Teflon CLEARLY paying off PFF this year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll said that most were from Allen holding on to the ball too long. He had well over 3 seconds to throw on average 

Didn't he say most in the two games, which includes the NP sacks, were not on the linemen? Or did he also specifically say most of the sacks against Allen in this game were on him? Just curious, I didn't see the PC, just read an excerpt.

28 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

Daboll's assessment seems to make sense from the standpoint that Allen hasn't really thrown with any anticipation yet.  He just looks around and slings it with that ridiculous arm.

I'm sure that he'll get more comfortable throwing to a spot; with coaching, experience and NFL caliber receivers.

...that will take time and development...time is a "TBD adversary"......who's to argue with them??...........

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He actually did fine last year. He had some rough showings in preseason and early on, but ultimately did ok.

He has his fair share of detractors, though.

The article states that Ducasse and Miller combined have only surrendered one pressure through two games, although Miller has taken a bunch of penalties.

Groy seems to be the big problem.

Joe B at WKBW said Miller stood out this week in the All 22 as being very good...said he was surprised because it didnt appear that way when he watched live, but said Miller controlled his man almost all game.

1 hour ago, CDogg20 said:

Through two weeks he’s been ranked as PFFs #1 pass blocker. Personally I think he’s trash and hasn’t passed the eye test at all but I know many people here hold PFF in high regard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vlad-ducasse-john-miller-brian-daboll-pff/amp/ 

What "eye test?"  You went back and broke down the game film like PFF and Joe Buscaglia, who also watches every play and has graded him highly last year and this year?  Why do people just randomly pick Ducasse as the guy they don't like?  It's truly bizarre.  I think we all know what a good QB, RB, WR, etc. looks like but this confirms my longstanding opinion that none of you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to offensive linemen.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

What "eye test?"  You went back and broke down the game film like PFF and Joe Buscaglia, who also watches every play and has graded him highly last year and this year?  Why do people just randomly pick Ducasse as the guy they don't like?  It's truly bizarre.  I think we all know what a good QB, RB, WR, etc. look like but it confirms my longstanding opinion that none of you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to offensive linemen.

Yes I randomly picked Ducasse. I just needed to rip into somebody to feel good about myself today much like youself. Go take a xanax. 

• Haha (+1) 1