Vlad Ducasse...NFLs best pass blocker?

CDogg20

6 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Through two weeks he’s been ranked as PFFs #1 pass blocker. Personally I think he’s trash and hasn’t passed the eye test at all but I know many people here hold PFF in high regard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vlad-ducasse-john-miller-brian-daboll-pff/amp/ 

:lol: Wow...today's news is getting weirder and weirder...

• Haha (+1) 4

He actually did fine last year. He had some rough showings in preseason and early on, but ultimately did ok.

He has his fair share of detractors, though.

The article states that Ducasse and Miller combined have only surrendered one pressure through two games, although Miller has taken a bunch of penalties.

Groy seems to be the big problem.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

So, Groy is the problem?  They can't all grade well and give up a s&%t ton of sacks, have rushers get into the backfield unblocked and have a 3.8 YPC avg.

It would be nice to see break down to the cause of all the sacks.  Each one happened for a reason.

3 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

So, Groy is the problem?  They can't all grade well and give up a s&%t ton of sacks, have rushers get into the backfield unblocked and have a 3.8 YPC avg.

I totally agree, I don’t understand how they can rank him so high when all I see is dirt play all over the line. They get pushed back consistently 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's Daboll referencing Allen and Peterman holding the ball too long and struggling to diagnose the rush pre-snap.

“More than half of those sacks aren’t the offensive line,” Daboll said, referencing to quarterbacks Josh Allen and Nathan Peterman holding onto the ball too long during the first two weeks of the season. “We can do a good job with setting the table, getting things set to where we need to get them set to. Those guys have protected inside out for the most part in pass protection. There have been some free runners that you guys have seen. It’s not all on the line, no question about it.

I'm a broken record at this point, but even the OC is publicly acknowledging it. Let's stop blaming the o-line for everything.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Through two weeks he’s been ranked as PFFs #1 pass blocker. Personally I think he’s trash and hasn’t passed the eye test at all but I know many people here hold PFF in high regard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vlad-ducasse-john-miller-brian-daboll-pff/amp/ 

Thanks for posting, agree he doesn't pass the eye test, but interesting that's how the stats read. Though don't be fooled by grades - also says nothing for run blocking, but that's another story. This is not an NFL caliber line, and they are not playing like an NFL caliber line. Ducasse will not be a part of the future line, nor will Miller or Groy the way things are going. So they can grade however they would like right now, it's still not going to be the line of next year. Just hope that Castillo is also shown the door.

To be honest, I think our OL play is more an issue in the run game, and passing game is occasionally, if not frequently, exacerbated by WRs not getting open plus Allen learning his reads and progressions while holding onto the ball. 

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So he never gets pressures and sacks attributed against him even though he continually gets beat and knocked back because his linemates are so bad their opponents get to our qbs first? Is this what I am supposed to glean?

The best of the worst gets a trophy! YAY! 

• Haha (+1) 1