Report: “LeSean McCoy accused of abusing son, using him to help cover up home invasion”

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

It already sucks being at the end of his career like this. He's been pretty stoic about it. As a teammate I never recall him complaining ever, except when he called out Chip Kelly.

But he's an all pro running back and Chip Kelly is garbage. So he was probably completely right (not about everything, mostly Chip being a bad coach, he got pretty far out on his dogging IIRC)

Didn't he accuse Chip of being a racist? His separation from Philly was a big mess.

Outside of that, he's been a true professional. He keeps his personal business away from work.

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Why would she ever need to come out and publicly say "LeSean is a great father and would never hurt our son!"

Unless her son or her were showing signs of abuse, there's no reason to go on record saying those things. Also, it's pretty well known by now that victims of abuse often cover for & defend their abuser, as they fear retaliation and are afraid to leave them.

Why would she say that?

because LeSean was being accused by his ex  of setting up and getting her robbed and beat... I’d defend an ex if I thought they were innocent of something heinous 

if she knew LeSean beat their kid she is required by the law to report it.. she never did... she has no right to hide child abuse because I sure as heck wouldn’t 

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

This needs to be said more. Whatever happened, I get frustrated when people don't understand "battered woman syndrome" is literally a widely recognized legal term for women in this situation.

When people were criticizing Ray Rice's wife for staying with Ray Rice as if it was an indication he was generally a swell guy I was banging my head against the wall. 

I just assume they must be from some old, bygone era where nobody cared to look into the psychology & mindset of anyone. You know, the same camp of people that used to point the blame back on a woman who was sexually assaulted, saying it was her fault because she wore short shorts, or her belly button was showing. She may have even winked at the guy. How was he ever supposed to control himself when she clearly set herself up for it?

And yeah, Ray Rice's good nature was not why his wife stayed with him. Just like most women, they feel they either need to stay to protect the child, or have a legitimate fear for their life & what would happen trying to leave.

40 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Didn't he accuse Chip of being a racist? His separation from Philly was a big mess.

Outside of that, he's been a true professional. He keeps his personal business away from work.

Lol that was my implication in parentheses (not about everything). Chip sucked tho. And he said that. And he was correct.

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Why would she say that?

because LeSean was being accused by his ex  of setting up and getting her robbed and beat... I’d defend an ex if I thought they were innocent of something heinous 

if she knew LeSean beat their kid she is required by the law to report it.. she never did... she has no right to hide child abuse because I sure as heck wouldn’t 

Because in your own reply to the quote "it's pretty well known by now that victims of abuse often cover for & defend their abuser, as they fear retaliation and are afraid to leave them."

It's a fact. A legal term. Because it happens. All the time. You can't say you'd do xyz in someone's psychological state. That's the definition of Battered Woman Syndrome. Not saying Shady did anything but we CAN acknowledge we've never been a beaten up woman afraid of retaliation for our selves and our child, and can't determine what state of mind that would put us in. It's such a royal **** up for a lawyer to say "she has no right to hide child abuse because I sure as heck wouldn’t" because the prosecution cites BWS and you lose. Don't be Shady's lawyer pls.

48 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I just assume they must be from some old, bygone era where nobody cared to look into the psychology & mindset of anyone. You know, the same camp of people that used to point the blame back on a woman who was sexually assaulted, saying it was her fault because she wore short shorts, or her belly button was showing. She may have even winked at the guy. How was he ever supposed to control himself when she clearly set herself up for it?

And yeah, Ray Rice's good nature was not why his wife stayed with him. Just like most women, they feel they either need to stay to protect the child, or have a legitimate fear for their life & what would happen trying to leave.

^ yep...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Because in your own reply to the quote "it's pretty well known by now that victims of abuse often cover for & defend their abuser, as they fear retaliation and are afraid to leave them."

It's a fact. A legal term. Because it happens. All the time. You can't say you'd do xyz in someone's psychological state. That's the definition of Battered Woman Syndrome. Not saying Shady did anything but we CAN acknowledge we've never been a beaten up woman afraid of retaliation for our selves and our child, and can't determine what state of mind that would put us in. It's such a royal **** up for a lawyer to say "she has no right to hide child abuse because I sure as heck wouldn’t" because the prosecution cites BWS and you lose. Don't be Shady's lawyer pls.

^ yep...

It also gets reported all the time (not literally every time but a lot)

Edited by Buffalo716

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It also gets reported all the time (not literally every time but a lot)

It does. And when it doesn't, I understand BWS defense sounds horrible for people in the Innocent. I'm just saying studying boring as all get out case law.. you defend the character of the defendant and not attack the prosecution. Because BWS is precedent and relatively recently at that, so if your only defense is "your honor she's a bad parent. Other people would have acted differently" the prosecution has a field day saying "your honor, BWS, we believe the plaintiff believed she was doing whatever she could to survive and was afraid to seek alternatives..." Literally just cite BWS and you win. I'm just saying this from a legal perspective. A bunch of juries, lawyers, and judges admitted BWS beats "she didn't do what she didn't know she could do for her and her child's safety and is therefore in the wrong"

Honestly I'd feel the same way as you (and I did feel that way) if I didn't read a ton of cases where BWS clearly happened.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I don't remember him saying Chip sucked.  Tried to play the race card by implying Chip was racist for trading him for Kiko, but never said he sucked.  "Getting rid of all the strong minded black players" was the gist of his Chip Kelly rants every time someone from the media stuck a mic in his face.  lol

Been trying to tell Bills fans for yeas what a POS this guy is, and every year he adds at least one more vile or disgusting act to his long list of POS achievements.  But most fans either don't care or turn a blind eye to it, simply because he can hold a ball and run fast.  But the day is coming soon when they'll start using his off-the-field problems that they defended in the past as reasons to get rid of him.  Because his best days of holding a ball and running fast will soon be long behind him.  And after he retires, as an Eagle, that's when Bills fans will finally say, "yeah, f**k that guy, he was a real piece of sh*t anyway."  :lol:

1 hour ago, KDS73 said:

I don't remember him saying Chip sucked.  Tried to play the race card by implying Chip was racist for trading him for Kiko, but never said he sucked.  "Getting rid of all the strong minded black players" was the gist of his Chip Kelly rants every time someone from the media stuck a mic in his face.  lol

Been trying to tell Bills fans for yeas what a POS this guy is, and every year he adds at least one more vile or disgusting act to his long list of POS achievements.  But most fans either don't care or turn a blind eye to it, simply because he can hold a ball and run fast.  But the day is coming soon when they'll start using his off-the-field problems that they defended in the past as reasons to get rid of him.  Because his best days of holding a ball and running fast will soon be long behind him.  And after he retires, as an Eagle, that's when Bills fans will finally say, "yeah, f**k that guy, he was a real piece of sh*t anyway."  :lol:

The previous off-field stuff mentioned to slight him were laughable.  The Philly incident looked bad...and then on investigation proved to be nothing for him.  If there is evidence he beat his kid or women, by all means, produce it and then punish him. 

2 hours ago, KDS73 said:

Vile and disgusting acts ? Just what are these acts you reference and where is the evidence they were committed ?  

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

The previous off-field stuff mentioned to slight him were laughable.  The Philly incident looked bad...and then on investigation proved to be nothing for him.  If there is evidence he beat his kid or women, by all means, produce it and then punish him. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Vile and disgusting acts ? Just what are these acts you reference and where is the evidence they were committed ?  

lol, right on cue.  Poor little LeSean is always just a sweet innocent victim of circumstance.  Well,  as long as he can hold a ball and run fast in a Bills jersey anyway, right.  Thanks for proving my point boys.  :lol:

Just now, KDS73 said:

lol, right on cue.  Poor little LeSean is always just a sweet innocent victim of circumstance.  Well,  as long as he can hold a ball and run fast in a Bills jersey anyway, right.  Thanks for proving my point boys.  :lol:

I’m not sure what you are referencing here, but it doesn’t answer my question. Just what are these acts you refer to , and what were the legal ramifications ? Was McCoy suspended by the NFL for them ? I’m not familiar with anything that may have occurred during his time in PHL. Please list them in Cliffs notes version. 

11 minutes ago, KDS73 said:

So in other words....you're just taking ****.  If there was any evidence he arranged the ex-girlfriend beating he'd have been charged.

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  I especially love the mindset that a bunch of drunk cops in the VIP lounge at 2 am in the strip club are any less belligerent and entitled than a bunch drunk guys who are part of some athlete's posse.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, KDS73 said:

Don’t worry, I’ll wait for the reply..... ( crickets) .......

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m not sure what you are referencing here, but it doesn’t answer my question. Just what are these acts you refer to , and what were the legal ramifications ? Was McCoy suspended by the NFL for them ? I’m not familiar with anything that may have occurred during his time in PHL. Please list them in Cliffs notes version. 

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

So in other words....you're just taking ****.  If there was any evidence he arranged the ex-girlfriend beating he'd have been charged.

Three+Wise+Monkeys+Hear+No+Evil+See+No+E