New York Daily News mocks the Bills & claims McDermott is a racist.

Captain Murica

“Last season, Bills head coach Sean McDermott decided that his 5-4 team needed to shake things up. The Bills were in playoff contention, and although the team had one of the worst defensive units in the league and was ranked 23rd in net total yards at the time, McDermott chose to bench then starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor for their late fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman.

Back then, I wrote about how the whole thing was about race, because it was, since McDermott benched the capable black quarterback for the terrible young white one”

Most of us know the real reason why that was done. Even some of our fellow members have enlightened us that Dennison was the main reason behind Tyrod’s benching. But, this is just a horrible take. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

“Last season, Bills head coach Sean McDermott decided that his 5-4 team needed to shake things up. The Bills were in playoff contention, and although the team had one of the worst defensive units in the league and was ranked 23rd in net total yards at the time, McDermott chose to bench then starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor for their late fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman.

Back then, I wrote about how the whole thing was about race, because it was, since McDermott benched the capable black quarterback for the terrible young white one”

Most of us know the real reason why that was done. Even some of our fellow members have enlightened us that Dennison was the main reason behind Tyrod’s benching. But, this is just a horrible take. 

I think a team problem is like blood in the water.  Draws out all the sharks.

• Like (+1) 2

yeah, NYDN is just another subsidiary of the SJW Weekly Standard.

move along, nothing to see here...

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Lets see if Hue will be called racist when he moves to Baker in a few weeks.. 

Uncle Tom, maybe.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4

It's called trying new things to see if a change can make the team better. I had no problem with it at the time and I liked TT.   Peterman flopped.  The real question is what did McD see over the summer to make him think the "terrible young white guy"  would be much improved in a real regular season road game? Why did he go back to revisit his worst ever coaching move?   That decision has really put a stain on McD's 2018 season.

Edited by zow2

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Horrible read, just a waste of time.

Pretty much like the rest of the NY Daily News.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yeah, NYDN is just another subsidiary of the SJW Weekly Standard.

move along, nothing to see here...

Exactly.  Does SJW Whiner-in-Chief Mike Lupica still write for them?    He ruined The Sports Reporters once Dick Schaap died.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I don't think McCoach is a racist, but we all heard the rumors about how the team viewed the benching of TT last year.  In fact, there even were rumors that certain members of the offensive line purposely did not (how shall we say) put forth their best effort when Peterman played.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1