Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bills fan since 87

Most recent wgr/radio.com issue

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes, any idea why? 

No, I tried for 20 minutes yesterday. I was telling Alexa to play everything I could think of, WGR, 550 am out of Buffalo, Buffalo sports talk radio, WGRZ 550, radio.com am 550 from Buffalo, etc. I tried everything I could think of., with no success.

 

Anybody know the new way to get WGR to play on Alexa? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Steptide said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I haven't had an issue with the radio app. Occasionally I'll get an add that plays over and over and over, but I just restart it and it's fine 

Same for me......Metal straws, metal straws, metal straws.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the app is always having issues and WGR needs to put on statements or say something on the air about it frequently.   If you dont want an @ get your station to fix this mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works fine for me except when I try to listen to the live game feed nothing works and it says live streaming not available? Not sure why I can't get wgr550 radio feed for games. Frustrating on Sundays 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

It seems the app is always having issues and WGR needs to put on statements or say something on the air about it frequently.   If you dont want an @ get your station to fix this mess.

 

It's not a WGR issue as radio.com streams for many sites all across the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

If I hear those stupid women talk about stainless steel straws one more time I'm going to snap.

 

Stainless steel straws or die...or bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

Stainless steel straws or die...or bust.

 

Kinda iffy on those chicks. Potential hotness, but thinking hairy pits a possibility.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

 

FACT! Stainless steel straws or die... or BUST.

 

They come in big packs and you can put them in your purse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

 

FACT! Stainless steel straws or die... or BUST.

Why is there a need to bring Poyer's wife...or any Instagram model into this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I air dry my clothes!!

 

Sports Trivia commercials are getting annoying too. 

 

Oh, and I believe Bill Buckner played for the Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox and five other teams but is best remembered for letting a ball get through his legs in Game 6 of World Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

It's not a WGR issue as radio.com streams for many sites all across the country.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm of the belief if you offer a service through your website, it should work.  If it doesn't, discontinue it until it does work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I understand what you're saying, but I'm of the belief if you offer a service through your website, it should work.  If it doesn't, discontinue it until it does work.

 

Not the smoothest roll out to say the least and I understand your frustration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I understand what you're saying, but I'm of the belief if you offer a service through your website, it should work.  If it doesn't, discontinue it until it does work.

 

I understand that.  For work my job is monitoring alerts from various services and one vendor has made changes which generate security errors on regular basis.  For weeks we need to annotate errors multiple times a day with comment "Known issue. Vendor is aware of issue and will correct it but is in no hurry to do it."  Finally got government watch officer involved and he said just shut down monitors until they communicate they corrected it despite possibility of unrelated errors could occurring.  When they do take reliability seriously why bother wasting OUR time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to play the app on my way home Sunday morning for pregame show. It just kept crashing.

58 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I air dry my clothes!!

 

Sports Trivia commercials are getting annoying too. 

 

Oh, and I believe Bill Buckner played for the Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox and five other teams but is best remembered for letting a ball get through his legs in Game 6 of World Series. 

Are u sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get frustrated with the Radio.com app when I'm driving home, right as someone is making a point or I really want to hear what they are about to say, it just drops out and comes back on after they've finished. I preferred the WGR app way more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I tried to play the app on my way home Sunday morning for pregame show. It just kept crashing.

Are u sure?

You know I'm a huuuuge baseball fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does "or bust" even mean? Stainless steel straws or bust... What does that mean? And wouldn't busting be better than dying? So why is dying the first option and busting the second option?

 

👿👿

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

It works fine for me except when I try to listen to the live game feed nothing works and it says live streaming not available? Not sure why I can't get wgr550 radio feed for games. Frustrating on Sundays 

The NFL has exclusive radio rights for every game for every team. Those rights prevent listening to WGR 550. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought another television for bedroom rather than putting up with radio.com app. Can WGR do anything right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CowgirlsFan said:

The NFL has exclusive radio rights for every game for every team. Those rights prevent listening to WGR 550. 

Dam, thanks for the information, it's weird as that's how I listened last year and was looking forward to the hometown feed. Oh well. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

The NFL has exclusive radio rights for every game for every team. Those rights prevent listening to WGR 550. 

 

That's only on mobile platforms.  WGR.com carries the games on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×