Most recent wgr/radio.com issue

41 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

We all know how bad this app has been so I wont get into that.  Just a quick question.  Neither the morning show or after noon show segments have downloaded into the app since yesterday afternoon.  Anyone else having the same issue?

I've noticed they are putting on-demand audio up later and later, to force you to listen in real time (with all the commercials.)  Before they put each hour up with a few minutes. You could listen without commercials. I guess they wised up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

I have been using mobile site and haven't looked back. Not nearly the load lags as the OP mentioned and it works just fine. App provides zero value unless you want to download a bunch of episodes before not having a connection - on a plane or alike. 

What do you mean mobile site? In using the radio.com mobile app.  WGR did away with their mobile app/site for on demand.

Wait, I see through the app there is a link to wgr550.com and you can get on demand there, and its up to date.  Before I had just scrolled to the individual shows in the blocks above and would get the on demand from there.  Thise still are not updated but now I see there is another way.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Finally broke down and got the app. And the shortcomings stated on this board is spot on. The old one worked just fine. 

loved the old wgr app. my phone is not compatible with the radio.com app. and doing the mobile wgr site through radio.com is buggy as hell and bogs down my phone. freezes often, and is just a general pain in the butt. maybe my phone is ancient. maybe i have a bit too much "get off my lawn" guy in me. but i absolutely hate it, and listen to a lot less wgr because of it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HansLanda said:

I have been using mobile site and haven't looked back. Not nearly the load lags as the OP mentioned and it works just fine. App provides zero value unless you want to download a bunch of episodes before not having a connection - on a plane or alike. 

That is exactly what I do...

6 hours ago, pop gun said:

WGR won't play on Alexa anymore.

It did for me yesterday.

I cannot get it to load on the app tho, at all. 

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

If I hear those stupid women talk about stainless steel straws one more time I'm going to snap.

You won a doormat?

You won a dog mat?