McDermott- Highest odds to be fired..

McBean

32 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

If they keep getting crushed week after week then this could happen,  this is a business

I am willing to take bets right here right now that McD does NOT get fired this year.......

They are not going to fire a coach right after a year of making the playoffs.......is NOT going to happen

McDermott and Beane have lost a lot of their goodwill.

With Pat Mahomes setting the league on fire and our roster looking like a complete dumpster fire that might not win 2 games, they look like they completely screwed up the future of this team by the way they managed the roster the last 18 months. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but I find this very strange...

McDermott is the favorite now to be the first one fired this season. I don’t see it happening but apparently Vegas does.

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

According to one site, #Bills Sean McDermott now has the highest odds to become the next coach fired.

If you are going to start just a post then provide some backup data, like how far is he "in the lead", what are the odds who else is on the list etc.

• Haha (+1) 1

If the bills go 0-16 and get blown out each game I could see it as well as firing the GM.

There would be a tempting opportunity for a new GM and coach, good cap, excellent draft position, a QB if one didn’t want to draft one, or if one would like to that’s fine as well. 

The trigger would have to be pulled before the next FA season, otherwise give the current FO their whole contract.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Let me ask this. What's the difference between maintaining a mediocre roster (how horrible to be competitive sometimes!) and waiting for the bloated contracts to go away... And tearing down the roster. They take the same amount of time. One method ruins my Sunday, the other has me having fun on Sunday.

Oh and the tearing down the roster idea is ruining McDermott's career. That's real cool of Beane

For one - profitability.  Dead money is typically some money that was paid in past seasons via signing bonuses and restructure bonuses.  So by having it on this years salary cap - spending is kept down, but we still are "spending" to the cap threshold.  If you're not going to be good... it's helpful to the owners that the bottom line looks ok.

Two - Assets.  We got a lot of picks in trades and were able to do what Whaley never could - get a QB.  We were going to cut tyrod and got the 65th pick for him - and didn't have to eat any base salary.  Sammy was a pending UFA, who we were unlikely to negotiate with at the time (his value was really up in the air and dependent on his performance in 2017) - and we got a 2nd round pick for him.  

Three - Flexibility.  When you don't have cap room, you tend to not negotiate extensions for players.  You then lose players in free agency.  We were unable to keep hogan and gillislee because we were cap-strapped.  We had to lowball their tenders, and lost them on offer sheets.  Gilmore/Woods are the same kind of thing - couldn't extend them prior to losing them.  

Last offseason we had to bring in help at safety (google our 2016 safeties) - and that was about the only position where we brought in a top tier free agent.   This season we had to address rush defense, so they went with Star (don't love the signing).

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Give it up already.  They could go 0-16 and he still won't be fired.

It would have to take the Ravens game level of futility replayed all over again into at least week 8 or 9 before this could become a serious topic of discussion. Oh, and a few more FA's pulling a vontae on the team

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My money's on Matt Patricia...

Why does it seem like the Bill Belichick coaching tree curls up and dies like it's been hit with Agent Orange almost every time one of these coordinators gets a HC gig? (McDaniels, Crennel, Patricia, Mangini off the top of my head--maybe more) 

All that means is you have alot of idiots who don't know anything putting money down on him getting fired.  Would have been much smarter to just hand me all the money as there's no way they will ever collect on that one.

No way he gets fired unless he does something real dumb off the field like maybe hitting on Kim, then again that may be worth the risk.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but I find this very strange...

McDermott is the favorite now to be the first one fired this season. I don’t see it happening but apparently Vegas does.

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

According to one site, #Bills Sean McDermott now has the highest odds to become the next coach fired.

As he should. This Bills team they Chose to field this year couldnt beat a Power 5 College 

1 hour ago, Rock Pile Guy said:

Just another dumb article on a slow news day designed to get people to read and respond. The Bills GM & HC aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

..bet they get the full run of their current contracts.....turnstile logic would certainly be a winner...just like the Steelers (COUGH)......but I do wonder (and no I am NOT promoting it) if McBeane has the horsepower to ever make a HC change or if that would be subject to "Pegula approval"?......