McDermott- Highest odds to be fired..

McBean

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It would definitely be surprising, but he was supposed to immediately have them sniffing at competing and now they just smell horrible. It would take a whole year of garbage like they've shown so far, but I think it would be possible. Don't forget they fired a SB winning coach who went 9-7 in his last year. There are high expectations.

They do look lousey, and Belichicks coaching tree is a trunk. The limbs die and fall consistently. 

I just think he is safe until at least into next season.

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Well Beane's tearing down the mediocre roster that was assembled.  We had some of the worst bloated back-loaded contracts in football and no QB when he was brought in.   

Clays contract works out to 5 years 38 million (already absurd) - 34 guaranteed after the 2016 restructure.  He's not even good!!!  

Let me ask this. What's the difference between maintaining a mediocre roster (how horrible to be competitive sometimes!) and waiting for the bloated contracts to go away... And tearing down the roster. They take the same amount of time. One method ruins my Sunday, the other has me having fun on Sunday.

Oh and the tearing down the roster idea is ruining McDermott's career. That's real cool of Beane

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They do look lousey, and Belichicks coaching tree is a trunk. The limbs die and fall consistently. 

I just think he is safe until at least into next season.

I think he probably is, but it isn't impossible for him to flub so hard that he gets the can. 

Wilks too for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Bills fire coach after ending 17 year playoff Drought

New coach trades Tremaine Edmunds "he doesn't fit our system"

What exactly does this mean? You're supporting keeping McDermott by making fun of his "process" of trading young players on rookie deals? You know a hypothetical new coach doesn't have to do what he did. 

31 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

O'Brien or Jackson are the only contenders for in-season firings IMO. Tomlin would be shocking, Pittsburgh doesn't make rash decisions. Has anyone here made this bet before on previous seasons? If no coach is fired in-season, is it the first press released announced firing on the Sunday or Monday that wins the bet?

rumblings are some owners on Steelers want to make a change.  https://nypost.com/2018/01/16/some-minority-steelers-owners-are-fed-up-with-mike-tomlin/

After his kneeling fiasco last year and his inability to reign in his star players to be even remotely team players coupled with not winning in playoffs, which is a deal for Steelers accustomed to always winning, Big Ben aging, etc etc ……..would not shock me if Pitt keeps losing that Tomlin is out mid season.

Edited by cba fan

Here is the article in question -

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/9/18/17874836/sean-mcdermott-has-highest-odds-to-become-the-next-coach-fired

and the tweet it’s based on -

But then when I go to the actual site, it’s different. 

https://tablet.betonline.ag/sports/contests?ct=NFL Player Futures

It has McDermott listed at +750 (I am not super familiar with gambling, but wouldn’t that be 15/2 odds?), with 2 coaches having higher odds of being fired (bill o’brien at +500 and Hue Jackson at +600). 

Even having McD listed with the 3rd best odds is way off IMO. I can’t see him getting fired any time soon. Petulant went ALL IN with McDermott. I have to imagine he’s here for a while. I mean, it would be dumb to fire him just over 1 year in, when they were allowed to make such drastic changes. Pegula had to know this wasn’t going to be an overnight project... 

Honestly, I don’t really care what 1 random sports betting site lists the odds at anyway... it doesn’t really mean much. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

rumblings are some owners on Steelers want to make a change.  https://nypost.com/2018/01/16/some-minority-steelers-owners-are-fed-up-with-mike-tomlin/

After his kneeling fiasco last year and his inability to reign in his star players to be even remotely;ey team players coupled with not winning in playoffs, which is a deal for Steelers accustomed to always winning, Big Ben aging, etc etc ……..would not shock me if Pitt keeps losing that Tomlin is out mid season.

If they bring back the Chin They can maintain their 3 coaches in 50 years streak. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

What exactly does this mean? You're supporting keeping McDermott by making fun of his "process" of trading young players on rookie deals? You know a hypothetical new coach doesn't have to do what he did. 

We have changed defenses every time we hired a new coach.

There is no way the Bills can reshuffle the deck without a continuous rebuilding process.

56 minutes ago, McBean said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but I find this very strange...

McDermott is the favorite now to be the first one fired this season. I don’t see it happening but apparently Vegas does.

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

According to one site, #Bills Sean McDermott now has the highest odds to become the next coach fired.

If they keep getting crushed week after week then this could happen,  this is a business

57 minutes ago, McBean said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but I find this very strange...

McDermott is the favorite now to be the first one fired this season. I don’t see it happening but apparently Vegas does.

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

According to one site, #Bills Sean McDermott now has the highest odds to become the next coach fired.

Are we really going to have to put up with posts like this the whole year?

being a fan on this board will be hard this year when we all know that we are gonna have a losing record.....THIS IS PLANNED

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

serious question, who would we hire?

David Shaw of Stanford comes to mind. 

Vikings OC John DeFilippo

It's early in the season to bethinking about firing anybody...except maybe Bills O line coach/run game coordinator Juan Castillo. The Buffalo Bills were the #1 rushing team just two short years ago and they were #4 last year. This year they are 25th! 

59 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Unless McDermott leads police on a high speed chase, he will be our coach for 2019 and most likely 2020.

I would expect Coach McDermott to be the guy making and posting on YouTube those instructional videos 'how to respectfully behave towards law enforcement officers during a traffic stop'.

26 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

We have changed defenses every time we hired a new coach.

There is no way the Bills can reshuffle the deck without a continuous rebuilding process.

There's no way? What if they just don't gut the young talent like McDermott did? 

To me, the only thing your posts did was point out how dumb that was. Says nothing about having to do it in the future.

• Like (+1) 1