McDermott- Highest odds to be fired..

McBean

If this whole season goes as badly as the first two games...I could definitely see it after this season. They're likely going to have to bring in a new OC anyways. I could see an effort being made to find the right coach to mold and build around Josh Allen if he shows enough promise this year. 

I really wouldn't mind swapping out Dick Jauron Jr for someone else. 

O'Brien or Jackson are the only contenders for in-season firings IMO. Tomlin would be shocking, Pittsburgh doesn't make rash decisions. Has anyone here made this bet before on previous seasons? If no coach is fired in-season, is it the first press released announced firing on the Sunday or Monday that wins the bet?

Just now, klos63 said:

Lewis is 2-0, why would he be on the hot seat. The team looks great.

He's on the hot seat because once he gets into the playoffs, it's one and done.  Every time.  So he can't just have a good season.  He has to win some playoff games for the seat to cool.

Then again, it's Mike Brown who owns the Bengals.

This is a reaction to Vonte quitting. Its the only Bill's story out there this season so far, so this guy thinks it's a reflection on McD. 

Incredibly lazy take on the situation as a whole. I guarantee he read that Vonte quit and immediately created this mess without researching anything. 

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Lewis is 2-0, why would he be on the hot seat. The team looks great.

His stellar regular season has been very good    it is his Playoff record of 0 wins that can do him in 

4 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

He's on the hot seat because once he gets into the playoffs, it's one and done.  Every time.  So he can't just have a good season.  He has to win some playoff games for the seat to cool.

Then again, it's Mike Brown who owns the Bengals.

guess I should have read further down the page.   That ^ 

I don't like this. UNLESS he's had a say in personnell, Beane is the problem. Dude made the playoffs with Whaley's scraps and likely his own input on getting the likes of Tre, Hyde, Poyer, Gaines. He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell with this roster. That's incredibly unfair.

His most egregious error is starting Peterman twice.. which IMO is such a clear sign of how stupid he is regarding the offense and does justify a serious consideration of canning him. But he's a brilliant defensive mind, I'd like to see him get an established OC (think Wade Phillips in Rams with McVay) and let the dude make the decisions

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

They're blowing smoke because they don't have enough other crap to talk about McD ain't going no where especially with what they have drafted & where he is with th implementation of those rookies into the schemes they are learning . 

Pegs won't fire a guy that took them to the play offs last year & was handed all he has been handed this year & expect him to go to the play offs again that's just stupid !!