Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

24 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

You spend an awful lot of time saying this method and that method can't be relied upon for getting a franchise QB, then you conclude with drafting a QB in the first round - which has ... what? a 20% success rate? Less?

I've never said it is the only way, or that you are going to find the great franchise QB that way. But there are 10, all-time franchise QBs and to me, outside of Peyton Manning nearly all of them were easily acquired elsewhere than the top 5 picks in the draft. A lot of them weren't even the first QB overall taken. I hardly think the only way is picking one up in the draft.

QBs are the result of a team, of good coaching, of a system that is built around them. Presumably the Texans had a near MVP QB there in DeShaun. Didn't look that way to me, and he was picked high in the draft. 24 starters. QB is important. It's not everything; it just seems that way when you have the recency bias of having Tom Brady bash your brains in twice a year for most of this century. 

A lot of the other stuff you wrote was pretty good. 

I stated this perfectly. QBs are greatly a product of their supporting cast and coaching. The Bills have a decent supporting cast (defensively) but we went about t the wrong way. We should have brought an established vet in or keep the established vet in while we groomed a QB like Josh Allen. Who had very little college success to support what he showed during the predraft buildup.