Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As bad as Tyrod was, he wasn’t close to the tire fire Peterman has been. As bad as Tyrod can be, he’s actually had positive moments in the nfl.  NP hasn’t made it out of a half in 3 starts!

They both are not starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

The last ditch argument 'well he isn't as bad as....'  Tyrod showed exactly what he is capable of last night.  Tyrod also showed that maybe his skill set is diminishing due to age. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is why freaking out either way for these QBs is stupid.  The true test is after 8 games or a season when they have tape on their weaknesses.  It’s how Vick would look great for 8 games and defenses would adjust.

Or alex smith in KC 

or fitz in Chan’s system

and so on.

Youre exactly right. Once you have about 30 or 40 professional defensive coaches studying all of your plays decisions and tendencies for 40 or 50 hours, that’s when you will start to learn how good these guys can be. 

I watched the condensed game from last night, jets weren’t even close to bringing the same pressure on Baker as they did on TT. I assume they weren’t sure  if baker would make the reads quickly and get ball quick to beat them.  Lotta soft zone and 4 man pressure.  quick release. Looked like he only beat pressure once. Pocket presence isn’t nearly as good as Allen’s. That one Seam pass was his best of the night and one I hope Allen can routinely make. Imo His best drive throwing at the end of second quarter was vs soft cover 2 sticks zone. 

Other notes:

Carlos Hyde is still a stud... 

Dear god that Calloway has rookie Zay hands... 

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

IDK - The perfect "backup and mentor" would be someone who accepts that they are not Franchise material and grateful they have something of value to help the team.

Taylor may end up with a big bug up his ass and ask to be traded to a team that would appreciate him as a STARTING QB.  

Just maybe...

I'm sure there's a high school tea out there somewhere who appreciates his ball security

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Never underestimate the stupidity that Hugh brings to the table. 

Hue at his presser next week:

"We noticed the spark a new QB brought to the offense so we will be moving on from starting Tyrod Taylor.  I'm going to start Drew Staton. He's a vet and good leader and we look to him to provide that spark. Baker played well, but he's just not ready."

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is why freaking out either way for these QBs is stupid.  The true test is after 8 games or a season when they have tape on their weaknesses.  It’s how Vick would look great for 8 games and defenses would adjust.

We'll depends on who you talk to here, might be 8 games for some, 1.5 for others. 

7 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Hue at his presser next week:

"We noticed the spark a new QB brought to the offense so we will be moving on from starting Tyrod Taylor.  I'm going to start Drew Staton. He's a vet and good leader and we look to him to provide that spark. Baker played well, but he's just not ready."

I always liked Drew Stanton... Way back from his Sparty days...  Smartest move by Hue since benching Tyrod.

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

O there were plenty season two. 

But slowly 

image.png.c9bd9c66d2ba443a6e5ee3b88ee14c93.png

Or when people leave the Bills fans who previously defend them to the hilt suddenly say "not good enough... the guy who will really make us great is this next new guy we have". And rinse. And repeat. 

17 hours ago, papazoid said:

If anyone knows how to spoil a victory party, it's Browns coach Hue Jackson.  

Hue Jackson won't commit to Baker Mayfield as starting QB despite Browns' wild win

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue-jackson-wont-commit-to-baker-mayfield-as-starting-qb-despite-browns-wild-win/

I believe Hue Jackson is uncomfortable winning football games. It’s not part of his plan and it seems to throw him off kilter.  He does not know how to react.  What a clown.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Or when people leave the Bills fans who previously defend them to the hilt suddenly say "not good enough... the guy who will really make us great is this next new guy we have". And rinse. And repeat. 

That too happens.   They move their passion to the next guy. 

I want to give a guy an opportunity to prove himself in the NFL over time and not immediately call him a failure.  

Even with our arguments we can get along with each other and respect one another. 

The strong dislike for someone one because they don’t like your guy happens here unfortunately.