Tyrod Taylor finally unleashed in a "competent offense with weapons."

BringBackOrton

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They've played the Steelers and the Saints and they have a better record than us... Maybe it's time to move on.

That defense is LEGIT.      Bring in the Baker to get those dubs ! 

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I mean.. he is doing better than last year. Is that not true? He's missed kicks away from being 2-0

221 ypg > 56 ypg.      He’s on fire ! 

Upgraded from “suck” to “poor” 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

when it comes to certain qb's, yes. Rodgers is a franchise QB, quite possibly the best in the league. sure he could be the reason in some games but he sure as hell wasn't in the Vikings game. i'm not trying to be mean here but if you can't see that, i am sorry, there is nothing i would be able to say to you that would make you understand that. you either get it or you don't.

I can absolutely say that Rodgers is a far superior QB.  No doubt.  But blaming one QB for getting in FG range and the kicker missing it and the other gets a pass seems inconsistent to me.

Would seem to be consistent to me to either say

A) It's not Hotrod's fault the dude missed the kick nor is Aaron's.

-or-

B) Hotrod blew it and so did Aaron (on this any given Sunday).

That's my point.

i'm not trying to be mean here but if you can't see that, i am sorry, there is nothing i would be able to say to you that would make you understand that. you either get it or you don't.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Aiming for Carr's record of 70 something.

That's the last thing I'd want for TT. I'm rooting for the guy. I was just wondering if the high number after two games was because he's staying in the pocket and getting sacked or if he's getting caught behind the line of scrimmage on scrambles. But man, Carr got beaten like a rented mule his rookie year. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That's the last thing I'd want for TT. I'm rooting for the guy. I was just wondering if the high number after two games was because he's staying in the pocket and getting sacked or if he's getting caught behind the line of scrimmage on scrambles. But man, Carr got beaten like a rented mule his rookie year. 

I don't want TT  hurt, I liked him while he was here. But he walks into sacks on his own.

Seeing a lot of bad OLine play this year. Seattle almost made Buffalo's O-line look passable last night. Putrid O-line play across the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

I got to be pleasantly surprised with the positives I saw out of Josh Allen instead of watching Tyrod tragically piss away 6 forced TOs to a tie game.

Wasn't even really a question of Josh Allen or Tyrod.

It was Nathan Peterman or Tyrod.

It's relatively clear now that Beane and McDermott's "plan" was to have Allen sit on the bench and learn for a while.  The problem is they fell victim to foolishly believing that Tyrod's "veteran presence" could be so easily replaced that they waited for the scraps of the QBs in vet FA to get AJ McCarron.

And then McCarron couldn't beat out or even really play up to the level of a rookie and a 2nd year pick-machine.

This very much is the same type of situation we had with Fitz.  We didn't have to get rid of Fitz just like we didn't have to get rid of Taylor.  But for both situations, the regimes of that time falsely viewed both Fitz and Taylor as easily replaceable.

NFL starting QBs just are NOT easy to come by.  And like Taylor or not, he's an NFL starting QB.  Just like Fitz was and is.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's pretty evident at this point that McDermott and Beane are regretting trading Taylor when they still would have had enough ammunition to trade up to get Allen at #7 in the draft.

Now, personally I'm very happy with Allen as our starter over the idea of keeping Taylor and letting Allen ride the pine, but I also think that rookie QBs have no reason NOT to be on the field starting right away if you're willing to draft them in the top 10.  The rules of the NFL are now so QB friendly that I think the David Carr effect is incredibly unlikely for QBs with that genuinely Elite potential worthy of spending a top 10 draft choice.

I agree with you.  I'd rather see Allen on the field now with the Bills than Taylor.

But that doesn't change the fact now it's clear that this was never remotely the plan and if McDermott and Beane could rewind time knowing the outcome of all events up to now and NOT trade Taylor while still drafting a QB high in the 1st, that's what they would have done.

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I don't want TT  hurt, I liked him while he was here. But he walks into sacks on his own.

Seeing a lot of bad OLine play this year. Seattle almost made Buffalo's O-line look passable last night. Putrid O-line play across the NFL.

Good points, all. 

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wasn't even really a question of Josh Allen or Tyrod.

It was Nathan Peterman or Tyrod.

It's relatively clear now that Beane and McDermott's "plan" was to have Allen sit on the bench and learn for a while.  The problem is they fell victim to foolishly believing that Tyrod's "veteran presence" could be so easily replaced that they waited for the scraps of the QBs in vet FA to get AJ McCarron.

And then McCarron couldn't beat out or even really play up to the level of a rookie and a 2nd year pick-machine.

This very much is the same type of situation we had with Fitz.  We didn't have to get rid of Fitz just like we didn't have to get rid of Taylor.  But for both situations, the regimes of that time falsely viewed both Fitz and Taylor as easily replaceable.

NFL starting QBs just are NOT easy to come by.  And like Taylor or not, he's an NFL starting QB.  Just like Fitz was and is.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's pretty evident at this point that McDermott and Beane are regretting trading Taylor when they still would have had enough ammunition to trade up to get Allen at #7 in the draft.

Now, personally I'm very happy with Allen as our starter over the idea of keeping Taylor and letting Allen ride the pine, but I also think that rookie QBs have no reason NOT to be on the field starting right away if you're willing to draft them in the top 10.  The rules of the NFL are now so QB friendly that I think the David Carr effect is incredibly unlikely for QBs with that genuinely Elite potential worthy of spending a top 10 draft choice.

I agree with you.  I'd rather see Allen on the field now with the Bills than Taylor.

But that doesn't change the fact now it's clear that this was never remotely the plan and if McDermott and Beane could rewind time knowing the outcome of all events up to now and NOT trade Taylor while still drafting a QB high in the 1st, that's what they would have done.

I don’t care if it was the plan or not. I’m glad TT is gone. A third round pick AND I don’t have to watch him? Is it Christmas?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

221 ypg > 56 ypg.      He’s on fire ! 

Upgraded from “suck” to “poor” 

ypg doesn't mean yards per 2017 Saints game haha. I don't give a flying **** about Tyrod. He upgraded from suck to poor that's what I said. Great conversation all around 

12 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

ypg doesn't mean yards per 2017 Saints game haha. I don't give a flying **** about Tyrod. He upgraded from suck to poor that's what I said. Great conversation all around 

Fitz hung 20,000 yards on the Saints the week before.  

Tyrod hovered around 100 all day and made a few lucky plays at the end to end up with a whopping 240 yards ???

Hes still garbage.    It’s still all lol’s at the Tyrod lovers of tsw.        

If his week 1 Browns debacle happened here after the debacle in Jacksonville he would be benched again.  

6 turnovers and can’t win ?????

hot ?????

Edited by Teddy KGB

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Fitz hung 20,000 yards on the Saints the week before.  

Tyrod hovered around 100 all day and made a few lucky plays at the end to end up with a whopping 240 yards ???

Hes still garbage.    It’s still all lol’s at the Tyrod lovers of tsw.        

If his week 1 Browns debacle happened here after the debacle in Jacksonville he would be benched again.  

6 turnovers and can’t win ?????

hot ?????

Ok.. you're right lmao

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ahaha that guys smarter than many bills fans. Only took him two games to figure it out

That damn 4th and 5 Hail Mary gonna cost those poor Browns fans and Browns defense to sit through another Taylor start.   

I’d set the Tyrod bench line at week 5.5