Eric Wood says the culture is just fine in Buffalo and guys are really bought in

BillsFan4

I dont see much hope for future success with these Bills IF we keep spending big money on over the hill stiffs like Star,not spending money on O line replacements..

and drafting QBs with poor passing skills without having a Ryan Fitzy on the roster.

This team is an eternal train wreck.

Maybe I will feel better if I see Josh Allen not throw ducks to WRs when a) they are wide open... b)they have a good chance of scoring a TD.

When I see him NOT throw checkdown specials while being oblivious to the position of the DBs/LBs-who are waiting to clobber the poor receiver.

And when I see him not stand like a wooden indian--creating a sack situation when the protection is actually quite good.

-It must be demoralizing for the team--or any team--to be burdened with shaky QB play all the time. That has to affet locker room morale

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Culture is such a BS word.  Culture is great when a team wins.  I’m sure there a bunch of good, hard working guys on this team.  They just have little talent.

A-Freaking-Men! I was just about to post that Culture isn't the problem here....it's a severe lack of talent!!!

Culture is important to a degree...in the sense you would hate to see a team built like the Pittsburgh Steelers full of talent but also full of a bunch of divas which has created a huge obstacle for them getting back to the Super Bowl with this bunch....but at the same time we also shouldn't be trying to field a team with the boy scouts of America either.  Some of this stuff that McDermott and Beane start talking about in regards to culture comes across so hokey and reminds me of something you would see from a high school coach.  These guys have to really start putting an emphasis on bringing some premium talent in here.  I'm not saying to bring in divas or thugs but lets get back to the days of building a good football team with good players first and foremost.  

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

A-Freaking-Men! I was just about to post that Culture isn't the problem here....it's a severe lack of talent!!!

Culture is important to a degree...in the sense you would hate to see a team built like the Pittsburgh Steelers full of talent but also full of a bunch of divas which has created a huge obstacle for them getting back to the Super Bowl with this bunch....but at the same time we also shouldn't be trying to field a team with the boy scouts of America either.  Some of this stuff that McDermott and Beane start talking about in regards to culture comes across so hokey and reminds me of something you would see from a high school coach.  These guys have to really start putting an emphasis on bringing some premium talent in here.  I'm not saying to bring in divas or thugs but lets get back to the days of building a good football team with good players first and foremost.  

I agree talent in any organization is important, but name me a successful organization that does not have a specific culture that guides their performance 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree talent in any organization is important, but name me a successful organization that does not have a specific culture that guides their performance 

I don't think having a good culture is a bad thing but I'm just beyond sick of hearing about it.  Did we really need to hear from Eric Wood that the culture here is doing fine?  What we need is some elite level talent right now.  This whole culture talk is starting to feel like a caricature of itself IMO.  

On September 18, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's true, but the fact is, the Bills played better in the 2nd half after Vontae quit.

Nah, it's because McD received our DC of all of his duties at halftime.

Not sure why this isn't much more off a story.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:03 PM, CountDorkula said:

Yea the culture is fine, of course it is.That doesn't mean a dam thing if you have 0 talent on this team.

but hey, culture is super important. 

This is such BS. If the Bills are 2-0 right now, i guaran-damn-tee you vontae does not quit. 

He saw this team was going to be bad and said, eff it the money ain't worth being on the worst team in football. 

So you are saying he is a dork.  I agree.   Dorks are slow witted and socially inept all of which he demonstrated.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:05 PM, CountDorkula said:

If it were the first time it happened then sure.

1) Boldin

2) Incognito

3) Davis

seems odd that 3 guys have up and quit on this team. It has not happened anywhere else yet. 

Lots of players have quit in offseason or are you so slow witted you cannot realize that?

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nah, it's because McD received our DC of all of his duties at halftime.

Not sure why this isn't much more off a story.

Good question.  Glad there was a reason (for the defensive improvement).  Now Castillo needs to be demoted.

Edited by Doc

On 9/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, boco357 said:

Still on the payroll

He can say what he wants, it will not change his contract.  

The Bills won 9 games with marginal talent because they worked hard and bought in.  

No reason to think that mentality has changed. The talent level has dropped another notch or two, we can debate why or what they could have done different but we are who we are.   Now they need to get to work and win a few.  

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Well, it looks like E. Wood was right- any talk of McDermott losing the locker room was ridiculous. 

I'm guilty of starting to lose a little faith in the process before today's game but I'm more than glad to eat crow and take my lumps today.  Last year was no fluke, McDermott is the truth! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm guilty of starting to lose a little faith in the process before today's game but I'm more than glad to eat crow and take my lumps today.  Last year was no fluke, McDermott is the truth! 

Yeah I hear you man. It’s tough when everything is going so bad.

It definitely makes it easier to deal with the “lows” when you get to see what the “highs” look like... 

Allen, Edmunds, Milano, White -all young guys who played very good for us today.

I think this is what McDermott meant when he said it’s “fertile ground” for thr young guys to develop. 

But I expect there will be more games where Edmunds and Allen and Milano (etc) struggle (like in the previous weeks) and the loss looks ugly. 

My hope is that as the season goes on, we will see the young guys start to consistently play better. 

• Like (+1) 1

No doubt that McD is a coach most players trust and will work for.  He seems fair and he treats people with respect.  When your turn is up he will play you.  “Next man up”, “You are 1/11th”,  those sayings are real to McD. 

Players that don’t get along with McD are likely the suspect ones.