Eric Wood says the culture is just fine in Buffalo and guys are really bought in

BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Just curious if by hating you mean disagreeing with how they are running this team. IF so, then I guess i hate them.

just stop, its obvious you hate Beane and McDermott and want them to be fired, or something like that. 

Count, try to give them something beyond one year and some change; I know its hard but really try! 

Just now, vorpma said:

Count, try to give them something beyond one year and some change; I know its hard but really try! 

I am, but i disagree with this complete tear down they are doing. It better work for them because if not, they are creating another mess for the next gm to come in and clean up. .

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This team is going to be 3-13 bad. There were already questions about effort in week 1 from a few players.

This season is going to be ugly. I'm not mad, or upset or whatever you want to call it.

I just strongly disagree about the way this current staff is going about this team and how "Culture" is superior to talent, in their minds. 

Rebuilding in the NFL does not work like this, people like you and I ripped the browns for the past 3 years as they stock piled picks and traded away talent and tanked. Now the bills are doing exactly what the 1-35 In the last 3 years browns did and its just "Part of the process"

i don't think this has ever been said, or is it true.  the team this year is not the final product.  you and i may not agree with how things have been done up to this point, but it's very much a work in progress.  if you want to argue that this won't work at all, i get that, but this year just isn't indicative of what this staff wants.

we knew this team wasn't playoff bound this year.  if the bills end up winning 6 or 7 games, you watch...people will still complain that we didn't lose enough and get the better draft pick.  

this year is not for the weak hearted, but i certainly don't think we'll see a squad like this next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

dude, you've been trying far too hard here.  you're the exact person i'm talking about.  a respected player for years on this team states the locker room is fine, but since it doesn't fit in with you being wildly upset, it can't be true.  boldin was complete done as was davis.  if they were playing for superbowl contenders would they stay?  likely, but both very much new what was going on with the bills, and both were hitting their physical wall.  to even bring up incognito is trying too hard.  

i get it.  you're upset.  look at things a bit logically here.  what happened on sunday was a black mark on davis, not the bills.  if you can't see that, that's because you don't want to.

see...it's like you just can't wait for it to happen.

so you don't think wood would speak his mind?

Bolding and Davis both signed contracts to keep playing and didnt think they were done then. And Boldin (along with Richie) both came out after thinking they could still play and wanted to be released to go to other teams. Who knows if this will happen to Davis too. 

Wasnt there also a veteran CB the Bill's signed this offseason who up and retired before the season started this year?

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not with 100% candor I don't.  There are going to be plenty of frayed nerves at OBD with the difficult 2018 season that lies ahead.  Hopefully the parties involved stay together.

why?  you don't think he's brave or strong willed enough to voice his opinion? 

this type of thinking is the problem.  posters are refusing to believe a long term leader on this team about how the coaches haven't lost the locker room, but can't wait to hand on every word of a lb that could be upset the bills tried to move on from him.  i'm not saying either is right or wrong, but it's strange how some just want to gravitate towards the worst case scenario.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Bolding and Davis both signed contracts to keep playing and didnt think they were done then. And Boldin (along with Richie) both came out after thinking they could still play and wanted to be released to go to other teams. Who knows if this will happen to Davis too. 

Wasnt there also a veteran CB the Bill's signed this offseason who up and retired before the season started this year?

so do think they left because of the staff and because the staff was losing the team?  davis was a shell of himself as was boldin.  they signed for money and to keep playing, and they probably never should have.

Edited by teef

Just now, teef said:

this type of thinking is the problem.  posters are refusing to believe a long term leader on this team about how the coaches haven't lost the locker room, but can't wait to hand on every word of a lb that could be upset the bills tried to move on from him.  i'm not saying either is right or wrong, but it's strange how some just want to gravitate towards the worst case scenario.

Who said it's the worst case scenario?  The point is he's saying the culture is fine and the guys are buying in as if that's 100%.  You think the players can't see mistakes that are being made in certain personnel decisions with them blindly agreeing with whatever is told to them as if they are sheep?

Here's a thought.

How is it that no one on the Bills staff had any inkling Vontae Davis was considering quitting.

Was there no red flag before the start of the season, when Davis suddenly revealed he was still trying to overcome an injury.

Was there no red flag during two preseason performance in which Davis couldn't tackle or cover.

Was there no red flag from last year in how Davis got into a major dispute with Chuck Pagano which led to the Colts cutting him.

Hey, I know there's some kind of nutty narrative in which the national media is questioning the Bills for making some odd decisions. But heck, what do i know.

jw

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I am, but i disagree with this complete tear down they are doing. It better work for them because if not, they are creating another mess for the next gm to come in and clean up. .

That is absolutely correct; if they are not showing progressive improvement towards the end of 2018 through 2019, if the 2019 draft does not produce I will join with you, fair enough!

1 minute ago, john wawrow said:

Here's a thought.

How is it that no one on the Bills staff had any inkling Vontae Davis was considering quitting.

Was there no red flag before the start of the season, when Davis suddenly revealed he was still trying to overcome an injury.

Was there no red flag during two preseason performance in which Davis couldn't tackle or cover.

Was there no red flag from last year in how Davis got into a major dispute with Chuck Pagano which led to the Colts cutting him.

Hey, I know there's some kind of nutty narrative in which the national media is questioning the Bills for making some odd decisions. But heck, what do i know.

jw

And they traded for Coleman when supposedly it was well-known he had attitude issues and might not be the sharpest tool in the shed. Evaluation of pro personnel is concerning, imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who said it's the worst case scenario?  The point is he's saying the culture is fine and the guys are buying in as if that's 100%.  You think the players can't see mistakes that are being made in certain personnel decisions with them blindly agreeing with whatever is told to them as if they are sheep?

i'm sure players understand what's happening.  who says they're blindly agreeing with everything like, "sheep".  see what i mean?  people love to put weird angry spin on things right now because they're upset.  this is growing pains that have to be worked through.  i really doubt the staff has completely lost the locker room after 8 quarters.  if that make you happy to think of that, have at it.  eric said it wasn't the case, but why believe him if it doesn't fit your view.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, teef said:

The trope of "the coach has lost the locker room" after 2 losses is a lazy man's tool.  But it's provocative, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Here's a thought.

jw

It's the Medias fault, JW. You know this already. Y'all just hate Beane and McDermott. 

Duh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

i'm sure players understand what's happening.  who says they're blindly agreeing with everything like, "sheep".  see what i mean?  people love to put weird angry spin on things right now because they're upset.  this is growing pains that have to be worked through.  i really doubt the staff has completely lost the locker room after 8 quarters.  if that make you happy to think of that, have at it.  eric said it wasn't the case, but why believe him if it doesn't fit your view.

I'm not upset, it is what it is in a 2018 season that will be a struggle.  Point to where I said anything remotely close to the locker room is lost.  But of course you can't because you're ascribing things that I haven't posted.

You want to believe everything is fine, then go right ahead. :beer:

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am not usually one to start new threads, but I wanted to make sure people read this, with how many are down on the Bills right now. This was reassuring for me to read. I hope it is for you too...

https://theathletic.com/531712/2018/09/18/wood-its-so-hard-for-me-to-fathom-that-anyone-would-quit-on-their-teammates-like-vontae-davis-did/

(Sorry, it’s a link to the Athletic - sub. required -  but I copied & pasted the relevant part of the article) 

They had to buy in otherwise they were going to be out of a job 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The trope of "the coach has lost the locker room" after 2 losses is a lazy man's tool.  But it's provocative, so there's that.

Eric Wood, was a leader for this team. Key word is was. He has very little to nothing to do with the current state of the team.I wouldn't doubt that he has very little insight on what is actually going on.

Should I also believe everything john Murphy says as well? I mean he says everything is fine all the time. 

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Eric Wood, was a leader for this team. Key word is was. He has very little to nothing to do with the current state of the team.I wouldn't doubt that he has very little insight on what is actually going on.

Should I also believe everything john Murphy says as well? I mean he says everything is fine all the time. 

Really?  Wood, a respected a good player for the team, who still knows most of the players on the team and in all likelihood is still tight with most of them, know little to nothing about the current state of the team?  LOL!

17 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Here's a thought.

jw

Maybe because a) the Bills never went up to Davis and asked "hey Vontae, are you planning on retiring" and/or b) Davis never went to the Bills and said "hey, I'm thinking of retiring."  Just like Richie never told the Bills that taking the pay cut would lead him to claim he wanted to retire and force them to release him.

But speaking of Davis, I have to thank him for retiring and saving the Bills over $4M in his salary.  It beats having him continue to play poorly and them having to cut him and losing all that money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1