Eric Wood says the culture is just fine in Buffalo and guys are really bought in

BillsFan4

13 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't think players quitting on the coaching is a narrative is all except for here.  right now, people are so into looking for the bad on this team, that they'll run with any scenario.  is it weird that davis quit at halftime?  sure.  is there something bigger going on than him hitting a wall?  probably not.

that's because it's absolutely a davis issue.  

If it were the first time it happened then sure.

1) Boldin

2) Incognito

3) Davis

seems odd that 3 guys have up and quit on this team. It has not happened anywhere else yet. 

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yea the culture is fine, of course it is.That doesn't mean a dam thing if you have 0 talent on this team.

but hey, culture is super important. 

This is such BS. If the Bills are 2-0 right now, i guaran-damn-tee you vontae does not quit. 

He saw this team was going to be bad and said, eff it the money ain't worth being on the worst team in football. 

Funny how there are 52 other Bills who didn't quit.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's true, but the fact is, the Bills played better in the 2nd half after Vontae quit.

Was it because he quit, or because of the changes to the play calling? McDermott was a very good DC before becoming a HC, maybe this is an issue where he wants to run his defence, and brought in players he knows can run it, but the guy he made DC doesnt know it as well and wasnt able to run it effectively?

Most of the players didnt know about Davis until the end of the game....

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Was it because he quit, or because of the changes to the play calling? McDermott was a very good DC before becoming a HC, maybe this is an issue where he wants to run his defence, and brought in players he knows can run it, but the guy he made DC doesnt know it as well and wasnt able to run it effectively?

We will see how good his play calling is against the Vikings when the game is still on the line in the first half . . . .

12 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

If it were the first time it happened then sure.

1) Boldin

2) Incognito

3) Davis

seems odd that 3 guys have up and quit on this team. It has not happened anywhere else yet. 

dude, you've been trying far too hard here.  you're the exact person i'm talking about.  a respected player for years on this team states the locker room is fine, but since it doesn't fit in with you being wildly upset, it can't be true.  boldin was complete done as was davis.  if they were playing for superbowl contenders would they stay?  likely, but both very much new what was going on with the bills, and both were hitting their physical wall.  to even bring up incognito is trying too hard.  

i get it.  you're upset.  look at things a bit logically here.  what happened on sunday was a black mark on davis, not the bills.  if you can't see that, that's because you don't want to.

11 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

yet...

see...it's like you just can't wait for it to happen.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not a conspiracy, but too close to the owners, management, coaches, and players to criticize them too heavily. 

so you don't think wood would speak his mind?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The guy he brought in to be DC knows it, but has more conservative tendencies that have been well established over time. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not a conspiracy, but too close to the owners, management, coaches, and players to criticize them too heavily. 

Please, come on, maybe, just maybe he is right; but that does not feed to the drama narrative or the "hate Bean and McDermott" theme that fits the passion of moment!   

2 minutes ago, teef said:

dude, you've been trying far too hard here.  you're the exact person i'm talking about.  a respected player for years on this team states the locker room is fine, but since it doesn't fit in with you being wildly upset, it can't be true.  boldin was complete done as was davis.  if they were playing for superbowl contenders would they stay?  likely, but both very much new what was going on with the bills, and both were hitting their physical wall.  to even bring up incognito is trying too hard.  

i get it.  you're upset.  look at things a bit logically here.  what happened on sunday was a black mark on davis, not the bills.  if you can't see that, that's because you don't want to.

This team is going to be 3-13 bad. There were already questions about effort in week 1 from a few players.

This season is going to be ugly. I'm not mad, or upset or whatever you want to call it.

I just strongly disagree about the way this current staff is going about this team and how "Culture" is superior to talent, in their minds. 

Rebuilding in the NFL does not work like this, people like you and I ripped the browns for the past 3 years as they stock piled picks and traded away talent and tanked. Now the bills are doing exactly what the 1-35 In the last 3 years browns did and its just "Part of the process"

3 minutes ago, teef said:

so you don't think wood would speak his mind?

Not with 100% candor I don't.  There are going to be plenty of frayed nerves at OBD with the difficult 2018 season that lies ahead.  Hopefully the parties involved stay together.

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Please, come on, maybe, just maybe he is right; but that does not feed to the drama narrative or the "hate Bean and McDermott" theme that fits the passion of moment!   

Just curious if by hating you mean disagreeing with how they are running this team. IF so, then I guess i hate them.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not with 100% candor I don't.  There are going to be plenty of frayed nerves at OBD with the difficult 2018 season that lies ahead.  Hopefully the parties involved stay together.

just stop, its obvious you hate Beane and McDermott and want them to be fired, or something like that.