Tanner Gentry is the exact WR Bills should sign

MAJBobby

Allens top target in Wyoming and friend. 

72 receptions 1326 yards ans 14TDs. 

That is an 18.4 AVG as well for anything that he wont go down field 

This move fits the youth movement in terms of youth and future. It also aids in development of Allen brining in a WR he knows and trusts. 

Wont be too expensive and easily comes with limited impact on the 8M in space we have. 

I am sure there are other PS players to poach I just havent looked too in depth of each teams PS. Just Gentry because to me it just makes all the sense in the world 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 13

Right now they should sign Gentry, Spencer Drango, Vince Biegel (to replace Deon Lacy), and Bashaud Breeland. Gentry and Biegel are on practice squads and Drango and Breeland are free to sign.  

Probably should sign Matt Moore too. That should all shake things up. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

I just posted this in another thread, but, it seems appropriate here as well. Allen is 2nd in the NFL in average air yards per attempt and 5th in percentage of throws into tight windows (1 yard or less between defender and receiver) - which means (in looking at the numbers) he throws more deep routes with less separation by receivers than any other QB. His game is pushing the ball deep and that is what the Bills are scheming for him. I don't believe Gentry is going to help this problem because I don't think it is an issue of comfort or confidence in receivers - but more of an issue of receivers who can get open. In otherwords, an upgrade in talent, which I don't think Gentry is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I just posted this in another thread, but, it seems appropriate here as well. Allen is 2nd in the NFL in average air yards per attempt and 5th in percentage of throws into tight windows (1 yard or less between defender and receiver) - which means (in looking at the numbers) he throws more deep routes with less separation by receivers than any other QB. His game is pushing the ball deep and that is what the Bills are scheming for him. I don't believe Gentry is going to help this problem because I don't think it is an issue of comfort or confidence in receivers - but more of an issue of receivers who can get open. In otherwords, an upgrade in talent, which I don't think Gentry is.

Interesting with this O-line that they would scheme for the longer throws.  Allen needs to trust it

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Well with Allen he also avg 18.4 yards a reception. So that would seem he also runs those downfield routes Bills are scheming 

11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Interesting with this O-line that they would scheme for the longer throws.  Allen needs to trust it

The yardage is skewed by a few big plays (Zay Jones and DiMarco come to mind) where he got lucky that it wasn't picked and had poor ball placement. You're 100% correct in both statements. The line is bad and he's going to need to make quicker reads and trust his receivers to go get the deep ball and lead them with his throws. If he doesn't he's going to lead the league in picks and incompletions really quickly.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And Holmes, Zay, Foster, Benjamin do what again?

after watching Sunday's game I think Holmes should be riding the bench unless its a ST play going on...Zay, Benjamin and Foster actually looked ok....Ray-Ray had a good pre-season with Allen so I'm hoping he'll do good when he's healthy

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tsaikotic said:

after watching Sunday's game I think Holmes should be riding the bench unless its a ST play going on...Zay, Benjamin and Foster actually looked ok....Ray-Ray had a good pre-season with Allen so I'm hoping he'll do good when he's healthy

Peterman, Holmes, Miller, Dukkakke make me wonder about this coaching staff.  The fact that they’re on the team is puzzling.  Even scarier that they play/start

• Like (+1) 1