Tanner Gentry is the exact WR Bills should sign

MAJBobby

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been begging for them to sign Gentry off the Bears p-squad and Daurice Fountain off the Colts. Fountain was an absolute terror in the East West game and it is dumb that he is sitting on a practice squad and not on an active roster. 

There might be something more there to why they don't want him.

Is he super douchey?    And Allen gets douchey when he's around him?

4 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

This idea has kicked around awhile and I say I'm keen on it.  Think how many times Gentry caught an Allen throw in their time together.  His hands are probably trained to do it.  He is used to the power and he probably knows not to quit on his routes and where to be on a scramble.  Get him on the active roster and see if there is any chemistry there to exploit at this level.  Logically there must be something there to justify the experiment.  Gentry is 6'2' 200+ so he is not small.  

Yeah the chemistry is what i was thinking of.  Similar to deonte Thompson and tyrod or fitz and stevie johnson.  Gentry made some nice catches in the college highlight reels of Allen and the Bills are officially in a youth movement it seems to make sense to me.

Matt Moore wasn't a bad suggestion at the time.  Now, I hope Barkley sticks around as Allen's backup.  It's the first time in ages we have a backup that could actually come in and play.  He's no superstar, but good enough to run the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Brandon Reilly is like a faster version and we cut him and never looked back

you can find a guy like him every year UDFA

The difference is: Gentry and Allen have a history together, they were not only QB and main WR at Wyoming, but I believe they were room mates and good friends off the field. I would imagine if ANYONE knows how to capitalize on a Josh Allen scramble drill it would be Gentry

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

The difference is: Gentry and Allen have a history together, they were not only QB and main WR at Wyoming, but I believe they were room mates and good friends off the field. I would imagine if ANYONE knows how to capitalize on a Josh Allen scramble drill it would be Gentry

That is the only positive to a Gentry connection...

the only problem is that you can have all the chemistry in the world but if you aren’t NFL caliber it doesn’t matter

the Bills have obviously done their homework on Gentry and they think he wouldn’t help the roster

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Doesn’t matter. He was trash in september and he’s still trash now. 

12 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Doesn’t matter. He was trash in september and he’s still trash now. 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

the only problem is that you can have all the chemistry in the world but if you aren’t NFL caliber it doesn’t matter

the Bills have obviously done their homework on Gentry and they think he wouldn’t help the roster

And Reilly isn’t? I wasn’t here to slob some Gentry knob. My post was in response to “what does Gentry have over Reilly.” Which I believe my points are still applicable. I never said Gentry was some god send. People are still stuck on Reilly because he is a white dude who made like 2 tough catches in preseason in 2017

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

And Reilly isn’t? I wasn’t here to slob some Gentry knob. My post was in response to “what does Gentry have over Reilly.” Which I believe my points are still applicable. I never said Gentry was some god send. People are still stuck on Reilly because he is a white dude who made like 2 tough catches in preseason in 2017

Then we agree after all - both are below replacement-level, garbage wideouts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I’m not stuck on Reilly... the Bills obviously didn’t think he was good enough

i don’t even think he’s on a roster rn

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I’m not stuck on Reilly... the Bills obviously didn’t think he was good enough

i don’t even think he’s on a roster rn

And that’s fine your not. But you are calling out my

post about Gentry, which was simply

reaponding to someone asking what Gentry has over Reilly... and I supplied examples

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

And that’s fine your not. But you are calling out my

post about Gentry, which was simply

reaponding to someone asking what Gentry has over Reilly... and I supplied examples

I wouldn’t necessarily call it calling out...

i would call it a reply because it’s nothing personal.

and YOU actually replied to MY post...

i posted that Reilly was basically a faster version of Gentry and you replied to me

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it calling out...

i would call it a reply because it’s nothing personal.

and YOU actually replied to MY post...

i posted that Reilly was basically a faster version of Gentry and you replied to me

You right and I am aware (I was also replying to two people at one point) because you said “Reilly is faster and we got rid of him.” And I made points why Gentry has different qualities. Plus if it was just about speed, we have foster, Ray-Ray, McKenzie. We need more of a possession type, or scramble drill type. Our speed is fine tbh.

personally I don’t care if we sign Gentry. I do however think it’s interesting strictly from the Allen connection and knowing to work with Allen’s scrambling ability

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

...but he's on a one year deal at $129,200 which is $8,075 a  game...couldn't we roll the dice on THAT mega deal to see of the Josh chemistry is still there?.....Jesus we're paying Anderson 63 grand a game while he tries to unscramble his noodle.....8 grand is Rockpile Beerman money.............

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There might be something more there to why they don't want him.

Is he super douchey?    And Allen gets douchey when he's around him?

What a clown. Are most Bills fans uneducated on this site? The Bears are loaded at receiver for those that are clueless. And calling someone who you never heard of until today super douchey leads me back to you being the douche. And Gentry was at his best when Allen was scrambling. And there are some great hall of famers who didn't have a good 40 time as receivers. But they did run excellent routes and had great hands. Another ec Wyoming receiver the Bills should look at is Jacob Hollister at tight end. He is on the Patriots roster. Bellicek made room for him on the roster. And we all know how poor his judgement is on tight ends. So that would be one more person they could pick up that Allen could us. If they could pry him away from the Patriots. But all of the smart fans on here know better. Too funny.

2 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

What a clown. Are most Bills fans uneducated on this site? The Bears are loaded at receiver for those that are clueless. And calling someone who you never heard of until today super douchey leads me back to you being the douche. And Gentry was at his best when Allen was scrambling. And there are some great hall of famers who didn't have a good 40 time as receivers. But they did run excellent routes and had great hands. Another ec Wyoming receiver the Bills should look at is Jacob Hollister at tight end. He is on the Patriots roster. Bellicek made room for him on the roster. And we all know how poor his judgement is on tight ends. So that would be one more person they could pick up that Allen could us. If they could pry him away from the Patriots. But all of the smart fans on here know better. Too funny.

Whoa you may have our answer.

Gentry is a clown?    Rodeo or classically trained?    Perhaps it's a Marquise Goodwin situation and he needs to see the clowning dream out before he can be all in on professional football?

Just asking questions in this thread.