Pro Football Hall of Famers Won't Attend Induction Ceremonies without Salary and Benefits

26CornerBlitz

5 hours ago, T master said:

I would definitely say that those guys that were playing before the inflated salaries of today came around deserve to be included in a employee pension plan & they have a very good case especially when it comes to Goodell making some $40 Mill per year & the $1.4 Billion in NFL revenue that they generate .

Not quite sure what to think about guys like TO that have blown some $80 million that they made while playing the game ? But being part of the NFL they should have a vested interest in a pension plan of some sort ...

Why?

If I work for a company and retire, then a decade later that company gets huge, I can't hi back and ask for a new pension because the company is doing better now.

This is idiotic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Look at any of the players from the 60's through the 80's and you'll have the answer you're looking for. 

....yup, good 'ol Billy Shaw (Guard- '61 to '69).......used to take off from his cement mixing job to play for Bills at a whopping 18 grand a year.....cigarette & a beer in the locker room after the game.....season ends and he's back home mixing cement....worked until full SS time so he could retire with some money...NFL pension?.....pittance....want to read a sad story?...try Conrad Dobler......yup he was Mr Dirty....32 knee surgeries and 8 knee replacements.....pretty much crippled and addicted to pain killers...another pension pittance.....

Yeah I keep hearing about all those computer programmers from the 1950s and 60s ringing the phones off the hook cause they are demanding to be retro-paid at today's salary levels for the work they did 50 years ago...

I mean does this make ANY sense on ANY level? You are paid what you are paid based on how much teams made at the time. You dont get to cash in 40 years later because you helped "pave the way".

You want more money? Go to more autograph signings. Problem solved.

6 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

That's a great pension plan they have

Do players have to be vested to get in? Or as long as you have an accrued season?

Does the cba end before the nfl's 100th season or after?

Outside of government employees who the hell else gets pension plans anymore?? Welcome to how the rest of the 99% of Americans live.

Except we cant get paid several grand anytime we need some money by going to autograph signings.

Edited by matter2003

41 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Looking like these guys were added without their prior knowledge.

Even if in fact they were to stop attending the NFL owns thousands of hours of game footage, interviews and their own induction to the HoF. Their physical presence is really not needed much.

They can hologram them like Tupac

https://youtu.be/TGbrFmPBV0Y

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Then they shouldn't go or pay for their busts and rent on the space in Canton.

You do realize the Hall of Fame makes money on these guys through the cost of admission and memorabilia that fans pay year round. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're assuming quite a bit about the financial status of pro football hall of famers. 

No, I’m not assuming anything about the financial status of those players listed. Most of those players are multi-millionaires. Easily found with Google search.

Just now, MichFan said:

No, I’m not assuming anything about the financial status of those players listed. Most of those players are multi-millionaires. Easily found with Google search.

Most hall of famers are most certainly not and for that matter neither are most modern day players.  You are simply incorrect. 

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Most hall of famers are most certainly not and for that matter neither are most modern day players.  You are simply incorrect. 

You keep expanding the scope to all HOFers and now modern day players. The only people on record demanding salaries and benefits are the 18 players in the letter, minus 2 who have backed out. There aren’t any poverty stricken names on that list, most are multi-millionaires. I’m simply 100% correct.

Just now, MichFan said:

You keep expanding the scope to all HOFers and now modern day players. The only people on record demanding salaries and benefits are the 18 players in the letter, minus 2 who have backed out. There aren’t any poverty stricken names on that list, most are multi-millionaires. I’m simply 100% correct.

You continue to post the financial status of these guys with no evidence.  What you're posting is 100% conjecture.