Pro Football Hall of Famers Won't Attend Induction Ceremonies without Salary and Benefits

26CornerBlitz

It’s nice to consider what a football player is “worth”, but we’ve lost tract of the bottom line: the guys negotiated and agreed to a CBA, and now years later they want to come back and get more for no real reason other than....they want more. Don’t sign the deal if you don’t like it. Go find another job, if you must. They made a decision, and now they want more.

The absolute worst part, to me, is if they think that because they got voted into the HOF they deserve better than the regular grunts who probably need the money and benefits far more desperately. Shame on them for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s nice to consider what a football player is “worth”, but we’ve lost tract of the bottom line: the guys negotiated and agreed to a CBA, and now years later they want to come back and get more for no real reason other than....they want more. Don’t sign the deal if you don’t like it. Go find another job, if you must. They made a decision, and now they want more.

The absolute worst part, to me, is if they think that because they got voted into the HOF they deserve better than the regular grunts who probably need the money and benefits far more desperately. Shame on them for that. 

The game has never generated more revenue that it does today. I see nothing wrong with them asking the NFL, the NFLPA, and the Hall of Fame to include them in the bigger pie. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The game has never generated more revenue that it does today. I see nothing wrong with them asking the NFL, the NFLPA, and the Hall of Fame to include them in the bigger pie. 

Who do you suggest gives up part of their piece of the pie. Do you want to chip in? I wish them well, but I have my own life and issues.  My old bank makes more than ever, too. They would not take my calls. It’s just how the world works. No charity when they already negotiated every drop of blood they could to get the most way back when.  

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When was the last time you watched a coal miner do his job on tv or on his job site with him generating billions whil entertaining others?  Not a valid comparison. 

If that’s what really bothers you, I hope you don’t shop at Amazon.com. CEO is the richest man in the world while workers fulfilling orders make $20Kish to work their tails off. Maybe this would be a better cause for you to take up.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who do you suggest gives up part of their piece of the pie. Do you want to chip in? I wish them well, but I have my own life and issues.  My old bank makes more than ever, too. They would not take my calls. It’s just how the world works. No charity when they already negotiated every drop of blood they could to get the most way back when.  

That would be the NFL, NFLPA, and Hall of Fame to whom they addressed the letter.  Your world is not the world of entertainment and sports. 

4 minutes ago, MichFan said:

If that’s what really bothers you, I hope you don’t shop at Amazon.com. CEO is the richest man in the world while workers fulfilling orders make $20Kish to work their tails off. Maybe this would be a better cause for you to take up.

It doesn't bother me at all, but it seems to bother you. Again, not an applicable comparison.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be the NFL, NFLPA, and Hall of Fame to whom they addressed the letter.  Your world is not the world of entertainment and sports. 

It doesn't bother me at all, but it seems to bother you. Again, not an applicable comparison.

I believe the world of entertainment and sports is actually the world of business. That’s a bottom line world. Maybe I wish it was a little less so, but it’s not a charity. 

There is billions going around, sounds good to me.

If the other leagues can give better benefits, then the biggest sport in America can do more.

16 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Honestly they should be speaking for all former players, not just the Hall of Fame ones. The Hall of Fame players at least have name recognition still and can do events/signings. 

small steps, can't get it all at once.