Pro Football Hall of Famers Won't Attend Induction Ceremonies without Salary and Benefits

26CornerBlitz

12 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Honestly they should be speaking for all former players, not just the Hall of Fame ones. The Hall of Fame players at least have name recognition still and can do events/signings. 

Those who want it for Hall of Famers should audition for live action Grinch movie.

1 minute ago, MichFan said:

Why should all NFL players be wealthy? Most people have 45 year careers and struggle financially their whole life. Why do you value the work of a football player more than any other occupation?

I have a friend who played a few years in the league, never as a starter. Got cut and now he works a blue collar job. His years in the NFL were the best time of his life and by far the most profitable. Why does the NFL owe him anything else?

Who said they should?  Like everyday jobs are the same as professional athletes?  Seems like you value it since you're here as a fan. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I listened to the first 25 seconds, then was too offended to continue. Maybe I missed a good point. Did they NOT negotiate these CBA’s? They agreed to it, right? Why should NON-HOF players not get the same benefits? I admit this annoyed me to the point of being too lazy to spend much time on what sounds just silly. Maybe if someone can answer those questions I can get more deeply engaged. 

Just now, Augie said:

I listened to the first 25 seconds, then was too offended to continue. Maybe I missed a good point. Did they NOT negotiate these CBA’s? They agreed to it, right? Why should NON-HOF players not get the same benefits? I admit this annoyed me to the point of being too lazy to spend much time on what sounds just silly. Maybe if someone can answer those questions I can get more deeply engaged. 

Retired players aren't part of CBA negotiations. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I listened a little longer. It was all about the old timers not having good benefits. But of course, instead of fighting just for those players, they are trying to pad their own pockets as well.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Retired players aren't part of CBA negotiations. 

But they voted on CBA’s as active players. They agreed to the deals they have. It’s like me going back to the banks I worked for and asking for a raise. “I’m sorry, but you haven’t worked here in 20 years. Maybe what you need is better mental health care, because you’ve failed to grasp the concept here.”  And if they wanted better mental health care in their deal, they should have traded some up front cash to get it. THIS is the deal they signed up for. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

But they voted on CBA’s as active players. They agreed to the deals they have. It’s like me going back to the banks I worked for and asking for a raise. “I’m sorry, but you haven’t worked here in 20 years. Maybe what you need is better mental health care, because you’ve failed to grasp the concept here.”  And if they wanted better mental health care in their deal, they should have traded some up front cash to get it. THIS is the deal they signed up for. 

Tell that to a guy like Joe DeLamielleure.

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The fact that they have the stones to say the pension isn't good shows how spoiled they are. Shows they have no idea how the real world works. Unreal.

What real world job do you have that has you essentially having multiple high impact collisions 16 times per year?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What real world job do you have that has you essentially having multiple high impact collisions 16 times per year?

Give me a break. Hundreds of thousands of dollars a year should be enough for anyone. Come on.

It's absolutely insulting to suggest that the pension is inadequate.

Edited by The Bills Blog

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know he’s a serious hard head with a chip on his shoulder. Did he not have a CBA that had been voted upon? He always had the option of not playing. Don’t get me wrong, I want nothing but the best for these guys, seriously!  But I think this is a second class move in an attempt to get something for nothing. I’d like the bank to double my pension, but I won’t embarrass myself by whining about it. 

3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Give me a break. Hundreds of thousands of dollars a year should be enough for anyone. Come on.

It's absolutely insulting to suggest that the pension is inadequate.

How many guys make that and for how long?   Do you begrudge owners who make billions? 

The players make what they make because the NFL makes obscene levels of money.  

They absolutely should get more of the golden goose.  The current CBA is inadequate.  

That being said, I'm not sure this is the best way to go about getting a fairer share.  

I was too late to get this part about 16 collision games. Coal miners don’t have such a great deal. But they know what their job entails. Did Joe NOT know that football is a violent game? Because it was pretty obvious to me. My son passed on college scholarship options because he knew it was time to move on in life in a way that did less damage to his body and better prepared him for a future. He never had a chance to make millions playing. We all make our choices, and then we have to live with them. 

Edited by Augie

I'm a capitalist so I support everybody trying to maximize their earnings, but !@#$ these guys.

Almost everyone on that list was paid very well to do a job. They benefited from the NFL far more than the NFL benefited from them. If none of those guys had ever been born the NFL would be just as big. The next best guys would be the superstars and we'd never know the difference.

This is just a reminder that if I really knew these entitled ass wipes I probably wouldn't like them. I'd like to think if Fred Jackson was a hall of famer he wouldn't have signed that bull **** letter.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was too late to get this part. Coal miners don’t have such a great deal. But they know what their job entails. Did Joe NOT know that football is a violent game? Because it was pretty obvious to me. My son passed on college scholarship options because he knew it was time to move on in life in a way that did less damage to his body and better prepared him for a future. He never had a chance to make millions playing. We all make our choices, and then we have to live with them. 

When was the last time you watched a coal miner do his job on tv or on his job site with him generating billions while entertaining others?  Not a valid comparison. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When was the last time you watched a coal miner do his job on tv or on his job site with him generating billions while entertaining others?  Not a valid comparison. 

When was the last time you saw a coal miner sign a multi-million dollar contract?

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He gets paid what the market allows. That is ALWAYS a valid comparison. A coal miner doesn’t make $3,000,000 per year. 

A coal miner doesn’t make $3,000,000 in several (shortened) lifetimes! 

Edited by Augie