Bills vs. Chargers All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

Joe B: Buffalo Bills All-22 Review - Week 2 vs. Los Angeles Chargers

(WKBW) - Following as weak a showing as you'll find in Week One, the Buffalo Bills returned home with a new starting quarterback, all while hoping for different results. While the start of the Los Angeles Chargers game was eerily similar to Week One, the Bills started to get things together in the second half, before losing 31-20

Up next, the Bills will take on the Minnesota Vikings in a road game where they are heavy underdogs. Before that happens, first is an in-depth look at the individual performances from the Week Two loss to the Chargers, which dropped the Bills to 0-2 on the season.

Each week, WKBW.com will review the film, and bring you how each player graded out in the previous week, with the help of the Game Pass app on NFL.com. You can see a full explanation of how the grades get calculated at the bottom of the article.

Before we get to the individual grades, first some takeaways from the game to help fill in some of the gaps between the grades that you'll see:

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

(WKBW) - Following as weak a showing as you'll find in Week One, the Buffalo Bills returned home with a new starting quarterback, all while hoping for different results. While the start of the Los Angeles Chargers game was eerily similar to Week One, the Bills started to get things together in the second half, before losing 31-20

Up next, the Bills will take on the Minnesota Vikings in a road game where they are heavy underdogs. Before that happens, first is an in-depth look at the individual performances from the Week Two loss to the Chargers, which dropped the Bills to 0-2 on the season.

Each week, WKBW.com will review the film, and bring you how each player graded out in the previous week, with the help of the Game Pass app on NFL.com. You can see a full explanation of how the grades get calculated at the bottom of the article.

Before we get to the individual grades, first some takeaways from the game to help fill in some of the gaps between the grades that you'll see:

Good stuff.  Lots to work on for Josh but improvement from 1st half to 2nd.  Replace Groy with Bodine and let's see what happens on the OL this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Groy is atrocious as a run blocker, those first 2 plays are the worst I've seen in the NFL in a long time.

There’s an art to falling down properly so that people will trip over you. It’s not as easy as it sounds! 

At least on the second play he seemed to touch somebody. Not “block” mind you, but he did get a glancing caress. 

I don’t think I’ll watch much more of that.....

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Joe B has Milano as the second ranked player on his season grades (only 2 games I know).  The way some people complain about that kid you'd think he was the rookie LB getting abused.  I really think with our rookie DT playing decent the defense really needs better playcalling and to keep the DB's healthy and they could be much better.  I'm not writing Daboll off.  He squeezed 20 points out of that group of players in a half (essentially).  Who knows by the end of the season.  What I wouldn't give for a big time receiver.  Maybe Zay can finally heat up and become the guy we thought we drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

Love the all 22 but this yardsperpass guy is clueless unfortunately. No that was not a miscommunication, he was hot. Allen has to adjust the protection for that. Also, the read was to keep on that 3rd and 2 read option. One guy to beat for a first down. Instead RB got sent into the heart of the defense. Allen needs some time in the film room with the read option stuff. Feels like he's messing that play up a lot.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1