ESPN interview with Micah Hyde: The before, during and aftermath of Vontae’s retirement

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm shocked there are people out there supporting Davis for quitting. 

How ironic and sad is it that he wore Fred Jackson's #22? If there was a player that represents grit and determination, it's Fred.

Two of my all-time favorite Buffalo Bills wore #22:  Freddie and Steve Freeman.  Davis tarnishes the number.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If you are thinking that these may be the last 30 minutes you are ever going to step out on to a field...knowing there is no tomorrow, then for you own self respect wouldn't you just do it and then be done?

I don't care who you are or on what team, if you love the game you play (and get paid bank to do it), I would give it my everything. ESPECIALLY if I knew it was to be my last 30 minutes playing in the NFL.

Unless he just goes to re-sign with another team after this, or attempt to, the move just honestly makes no sense from any perspective. It's the incredulity that is leading others to mock our team situation, citing internal foundation issues, yet there are so many other teams that I feel deserve a more critical eye for how their seasons have started. From a pure Vontae Davis perspective, the move really doesn't make sense at all on any level.

• Like (+1) 2

If our talent wasn't a killer, this schedule would do it.

Granted the game was well in hand for the Chargers, but the team looked MUCH better once Davis wasn't getting beat like a drum and McD was making calls.  If we had someone like the Jets or Titans this week I could see this being a galvanizing thing that fires the team up and they go out and get a win on Sunday.  Instead we go to one of the 5 most talented teams in the league coming off a frustrating tie, then follow that up with a visit to Aaron Rodgers.  Awesome.  By the team we do get a winnable game we'll likely be 0-4 and potential down even more players.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

9 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

SB nation.  Said hes an American hero cause we have all wanted to do that to our boss at some point.  More or less that's what it said.  "Heros come pretty cheap these days" Hoosiers 

okay, so one of the SJW Weekly Standard's subsidiaries then. thanks.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm shocked there are people out there supporting Davis for quitting. 

How ironic and sad is it that he wore Fred Jackson's #22? If there was a player that represents grit and determination, it's Fred.

I said that to the GF Sunday night and she agreed we both loved Fred.