PFF's view so far

GunnerBill

I know there are mixed opinions on the value of PFF - and that is fair enough.  Through two games their top 5 graded Bills are:

1. Lorenzo Alexander 86.3

1. 2. Josh Allen - 73.3

2. 3. Matt Milano - 71.5

3. 4. Kyle Williams - 68.9

4. 5. Micah Hyde - 67.6

5. 6. Jordan Poyer - 66.5

Their worst 5 are:

1. Nathan Peterman - 24.3

2. Ryan Groy - 40.0

3. Kelvin Benjamin - 41.8

4. Charles Clay - 47.7

5. Star Lotulelei - 48.0

Some of that matches my eye test.... but some of it doesn't.  Interested in what others think.

EDIT: Sorry - I missed Zo!!!!

Edited by GunnerBill

I thought groy  was good in previous years not sure what happened to him this year. Benjamin doesn’t seem like he tries half the time. Many people predicted the lack of impact lotulelei would have. Surprised about clay. And peterman, well lets just hope he doesn’t play again for us

17 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

Tre'Davious White has been one of Buffalo's best players, but I'm guessing he's not in the top 5 as Los Angeles went out of their way to avoid throwing in his direction. I personally think Lorenzo Alexander has been pretty solid through two weeks. Thought he'd crack the top 5.

I'd certainly argue that White is hands down the best player on the field we have.  He really hasn't given up anything in two games.  But I guess since there are no flashy interceptions it doesn't count.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I'd certainly argue that White is hands down the best player on the field we have.  He really hasn't given up anything in two games.  But I guess since there are no flashy interceptions it doesn't count.

Teams throw away from him because the pickings are so much easier against whatever dud CB plays the other side.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I know there are mixed opinions on the value of PFF - and that is fair enough.  Through two games their top 5 graded Bills are:

1. Josh Allen - 73.3

2. Matt Milano - 71.5

3. Kyle Williams - 68.9

4. Micah Hyde - 67.6

5. Jordan Poyer - 66.5

Their worst 5 are:

2. Ryan Groy - 40.0

4. Charles Clay - 47.7

5. Star Lotulelei - 48.0

Some of that matches my eye test.... but some of it doesn't.  Interested in what others think.

Can't be true Gunner,  many here say Milano shouldn't be on the field!!!!    ;);) 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

Tre'Davious White has been one of Buffalo's best players, but I'm guessing he's not in the top 5 as Los Angeles went out of their way to avoid throwing in his direction. I personally think Lorenzo Alexander has been pretty solid through two weeks. Thought he'd crack the top 5.

I agree. Alexander has been pretty good IMO.

Benjamin doesn’t seem like the same player who tried to play hurt last year. Contract year for him as well I think! Beane described KB as being a “fierce competitor “ when they traded for him too! Where is that?? Clearly he isn’t inspired or happy about something!!

Groy is struggling for sure but Star doesn’t seem that bad at least from what I’ve seen?

Where is Edmunds ranked?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Josh Allen - 73.3

2. Matt Milano - 71.5

3. Kyle Williams - 68.9

4. Micah Hyde - 67.6

5. Jordan Poyer - 66.5

Their worst 5 are:

2. Ryan Groy - 40.0

4. Charles Clay - 47.7

5. Star Lotulelei - 48.0

I think the "offensive line" should be one of the bottom 5... Just as a whole.

53 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

It's a combination of avoiding Tre and the fact that we have a high school level talent at the cb opposite him.

Not a knock on the, just that it's probably a combination of the two.

Jets ran into this problem with revis in his prime.

The corner opposite revis was picked on all day long, every game.

If they are subpar, then it winds up being a tough day over there.

Tre is really really good.

Getting a better corner opposite him is very important.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

What do those numbers even mean? Not being snarky.

Their rankings are proprietary, like ESPN’s total QBR. 

They are based at their core on a subjective play by play review of every player and play by their analysts. Everything is assigned a value from -2 to 2, then converted to a 0-100 scale.

basically if you don’t trust the PFF guys, they mean nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Josh Allen - 73.3

2. Matt Milano - 71.5

3. Kyle Williams - 68.9

4. Micah Hyde - 67.6

5. Jordan Poyer - 66.5

Their worst 5 are:

2. Ryan Groy - 40.0

4. Charles Clay - 47.7

5. Star Lotulelei - 48.0

I think Star is doing his job of taking up space, which is a factor PFF under-rates. 

I've been more focused on watching the offense on all-22 and frankly, I'm not good at figuring out which coverage gaps are the result of which error, but I don't think the safety love is entirely justified.

11 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think the "offensive line" should be one of the bottom 5... Just as a whole.

good point

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Josh Allen - 73.3

2. Matt Milano - 71.5

3. Kyle Williams - 68.9

4. Micah Hyde - 67.6

5. Jordan Poyer - 66.5

Their worst 5 are:

2. Ryan Groy - 40.0

4. Charles Clay - 47.7

5. Star Lotulelei - 48.0

1 hour ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

I was coming here to say a lot of what Ryan is saying. I’m also surprised that Poyer cracked the top 5. He has not had a very good start to the year IMO. Tre White is our best player and Lorax has had a few good moments. Hughes has had some as well. In general though the list isn’t too far off.