The OL Is Bad....How Do You Fix It?

BuffaloRush

Interesting tidbit from the McDermott press conference.  Basically he’s open to the idea of shaking up the OL.  How would you attempt to fix the Bills OL?  Remember, there aren’t really any big names out there on the street who can come in and make a sizeable impact, so your actions are limited to moves you can on the roster and different offensive packages/schemes etc.

Not really much you can do now. Once the season starts, it's usually too late.  They definitely got put behind the 8 ball with the unexpected loss of Richie and Wood, but trading Glenn made the problem worse. They probably thought Bodine and Groy were good enough to help, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Can I review what everyone said in all the other O-line threads before I answer?

Allow me.  Trade Shady, Clay, Benjamin, and Star for some magic beans and then complain about how our hands are tied due to cap hell.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Allow me.  Trade Shady, Clay, Benjamin, and Star and then complain about how their hands were tied due to cap hell.

Thanks!...time saved!

But I though we did that after week 1.  Wait, i think I saw KB at the end there.  And someone fell on McCoy, so obv he was out there too at some point.

1. Bench Miller and start Teller

2. Wait two more weeks and target a top 10 G with 2+ years on their contract - offer a 3rd round pick and KB

3. Trade down in the first round and draft the best C in the draft and a RT.

4. Add a WR in FA

5. Add two LB, a TE, and two DB in the draft

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

1. Bench Miller and start Teller

2. Wait two more weeks and target a top 10 G with 2+ years on their contract - offer a 3rd round pick and KB

3. Trade down in the first round and draft the best C in the draft and a RT.

4. Add a WR in FA

5. Add two LB, a TE, and two DB in the draft

This here in bold. If everyone is going to suck, it might as well be a rookie who might actually learn and progress.

Then hit up other teams PS for OL prospects, sign them, and start them. At the end of the year, if any of the young guys show promise, awesome! But if not, in a worst case scenario, we are right back where we are now needing every spot on the line replaced besides LT.

Not gonna see wholesale changes on the OL after the season starts without injury.....

Dawkins - LT our best OL men

Decausse....the OL coaches boy for some reason....not going anywhere

Center.....you could see Bodine in place of Groy but I doubt it....so Groy stays

RIGHT GUARD.....Miller out.....Wyatt Teller in

Mills stays at RT

51 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

another approach so ive heard is let Josh gain some experience so he makes is reads quicker.   

Dammit! You let the cat out of the bag!

yes, it’s true. The Russians spiked Ritchie’s cocoa with poison on the day we traded Glenn to Cinci & McBeane used Trump’s doctor to ‘find’ Wood’s neck injury. All part of the plan to throw Allen (whom they secretly conspired with the League to assure we’d select) to the wolves to toughen him up for a long career. 

We’re supposed to be witless fanatics, but you just blew the lid off the jar of the League conspiracy.

otherwise, we’ve seen creative minds ruse average to below average OL into competent blockers via scheme. The jury has sent the judge their verdict. Daboll & Castillo aren’t creative.

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dammit! You let the cat out of the bag!

yes, it’s true. The Russians spiked Ritchie’s cocoa with poison on the day we traded Glenn to Cinci & McBeane used Trump’s doctor to ‘find’ Wood’s neck injury. All part of the plan to throw Allen (whom they secretly conspired with the League to assure we’d select) to the wolves to toughen him up for a long career. 

We’re supposed to be witless fanatics, but you just blew the lid off the jar of the League conspiracy.

otherwise, we’ve seen creative minds ruse average to below average OL into competent blockers via scheme. The jury has sent the judge their verdict. Daboll & Castillo aren’t creative.

Interesting that Daboll was brought  in for his creative mind,  over the mundane and archaic Dennison, to which I say.... Hellooo, I'm waiting. 

Castillo is nothing but a mystery concerning his existence. 

• Like (+1) 1