Make run at Matt Moore or Landry Jones?

BrycePaup4ever

Just now, GrizzReaper said:

If Allen gets hurt and is out multiple weeks it wouldn't matter at that point it'll be to late to bother bringing anyone in. At that point you may as well just let Nasty Nate stink the joint up...

Agree, but you would need to bring in someone as a backup.  But even then by the time one of these guys were to get up to speed Allen could be back again.  So likely means Peterman would be the QB for a few weeks even if Allen were to go out.  nd at that point, what's the difference anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, but you would need to bring in someone as a backup.  But even then by the time one of these guys were to get up to speed Allen could be back again.  So likely means Peterman would be the QB for a few weeks even if Allen were to go out.  nd at that point, what's the difference anyway.

losing by 40-50 or losing by 7-14.  maybe Allen squeaks a few W's out of his ass by midseason when the schedule eases up.

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Matt Moore would make a great

backup. 

Sign him, cut pick6

1 hour ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

I agree. Matt Moore is the way to go here. Its such an easy choice. 

Think of all the wisdom he has gleaned from Tannehill and Jimmy Clausen....

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Last I heard, he was on injury reserve. Should be available for cheap around week 9 though.

At least his career can be resurrected.

10 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Kaepernick is the only back-up QB worth signing.  What is Matt Moore or Landry Jones going to say?  When I sat the bench and watched another QB play I thought I could do better????  Kaep played at a young age and succeeded.  

Kaep was last heard saying that about Blaine Gabbert, in fact.

Soon after, he decided Black Lives Matter and he became a voice for the oppressed.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

Kaepernick is the only back-up QB worth signing.  What is Matt Moore or Landry Jones going to say?  When I sat the bench and watched another QB play I thought I could do better????  Kaep played at a young age and succeeded.  

Matt more has more starting experience then anyone we have been trying to get....just saying

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How about some quality OL or starting caliber WRs before we start worrying about spending limited cap space on a Paycheck Collector. So either put this team in the playoffs?

if not than Sit on your cap space and roll it over 

Where are you going to find these "STARTING" players !!!!!

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I would swap Nate for Mat Moore immediately, and use him as the backup rolling forward.

Here is where coaches don't like to ever admit they were wrong... and will hamstring their team if necessary to avoid it

Matt Moore could teach Josh many things about how to prepare and how to process what he sees out there...

and maybe something about how to take some steam off the ball on throws where he has space to lead a guy

The fact that McDermott hasn't done this yet is only because of his ego

If we cut Nate, and sign a guy who has been through the wars, we help Josh tremendously