Is there any team in worse shape than the Bills?

Pete

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We finally appear to have a QB, were hopefully about to land a top 5 pick with an abundance of draft picks and 80+ M to spend in FA and you want to bail now? 

between the Sabres and Bills I am all tanked out.  I guess tanking beats mediocrity.  And the future does look bright for the Bills and Allen

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We finally appear to have a QB, were hopefully about to land a top 5 pick with an abundance of draft picks and 80+ M to spend in FA and you want to bail now? 

Shady, Clay, Benjamin, Dawkins, Hyde, T. White, Poyer, LoAl, Edmunds, Star & Hauschka would start for every team in the League. Toss in Hughes, Milano, Kyle, the Murphy’s & Allen as possible starters/certain rotational players and it isn’t as dark as the ledge jumpers see it. The Defense has been uninspired early the 1st 2 games, which caused huge halftime deficits. Pickpeterman is a travesty corrected.

Does our Oline suck worse than most teams? You betcha! Is the Defense capable of inspired, game changing play? You betcha? Is Allen an every play threat? You betcha? Are we the worst ca$h $trapped team this season, rendering the acquisition of proven OL talent impossible? You betcha! Are we well positioned for significant additions to the aforementioned core next year, via FA, lots-O-ca$h & double-digit Draft capital along with high Round picks? 

Only the high round draft picks remain unclear. But I like our chances..

Glass half full vs Glass empty on the shelf.

Plenty I'd rather not be: Zona, Giants, even Detroit has issues now with Stafford ailing and imho overpaid. I wouldn't trade any part of this team for Tampa right now in the midst of the Fitzy curse cycle. Currently watching my buddy go through the motions and it'll be a difficult let down. I like where the Bills are heading more so in the years to come than next year. Is it bad? Sure. Did we know it was coming? Very yes.

Addendum - surprise pick? The Rams. Going through this cap hell from leftover Whaley doesn't make me jealous of LA's cap situation in the years to come with Donald, Goff, and Gurley and even the OL all likely commanding big time cap. Hell, wouldn't it be great to see Gurley in a Bills uniform following an aging Shady...wouldn't that pipedream be something

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PIZ said:

What would you do with a top 5 pick or THE top pick this?  Take the best pass rusher?  Best OT?  Trade down for a boatload of picks + a #1 the next year?

Great question. I really don’t know. People are convinced it would be Bosa or DE but Oline is a need. Maybe a small trade down for multiple picks and go Oline and WR?

6 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Anyone with a functional brain would say the Browns.  Garrett is a stud at DE, Jarvis Landry is better than any of our receivers.   Their  runningbacks are Hyde, Chubb on a rookie contract.   Ward in the secondary.   Rookie QBs they got the no.1.    Njoku at TE.     They got some nice pieces going forward..    Hopefully we can get there but with better results.   

RB:  Shady   better than Hyde or rookie Chubb

WR:  Benjamin....Landry is a slot receiver...so you can't compare numbers.

OT: Dawkins   We definitely have our starting LT for the next 3-4 years 

DE : Hughes -  Is a well established pass rusher..Agreed not in the same leaue as Garrett...But Garrett is yet to prove anything in the NFL.

CB: White -  Best Rookie CB from last year...Is a top 10 CB in the league

S - Poyer and Hyde -  Above-Good Safeties form a great tandem...proabably better than the Browns starting Safeties.

Rookies:  Edmunds, Allen are promising rookies  (Like Chubb)...

Average players:

Clay at TE 

So if you compared the Browns team player for player...You are not going to find much difference between the two teams...I would say the same with Miami, Jets, Arizona, 49ers, Carolina, Washington etc....These are all flawed teams depending on the way the football bounce can be 3-13 or 9-7...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You know nothing about the QB position at this point in time.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

RB:  Shady   better than Hyde or rookie Chubb

WR:  Benjamin....Landry is a slot receiver...so you can't compare numbers.

OT: Dawkins   We definitely have our starting LT for the next 3-4 years 

DE : Hughes -  Is a well established pass rusher..Agreed not in the same leaue as Garrett...But Garrett is yet to prove anything in the NFL.

CB: White -  Best Rookie CB from last year...Is a top 10 CB in the league

S - Poyer and Hyde -  Above-Good Safeties form a great tandem...proabably better than the Browns starting Safeties.

Rookies:  Edmunds, Allen are promising rookies  (Like Chubb)...

Average players:

Clay at TE 

So if you compared the Browns team player for player...You are not going to find much difference between the two teams...I would say the same with Miami, Jets, Arizona, 49ers, Carolina, Washington etc....These are all flawed teams depending on the way the football bounce can be 3-13 or 9-7...

Don't tell me you are misconstruing this team as one that could be 9-7... please don't make me waste the time on a post explaining why this team will not be 9-7. 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We're fine.

Go away.

We're not.

You went away, stay away. Stupid posts get stupid responses.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

$2 Million!!! I mean wtf is this team doing!!!   /sarc  :) 

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

oops, my bad.  That's 50 million dead this year

we're all human   :) 

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe Arizona.

Giants no. Oakland no.

Through this season (and looking forward to 2019)  the Giants are in bad shape.  

I'm not sold on how well Chuckie v 3.0 will be. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

well, to truly assess a ‘worse team’, one has to be acquainted with the Best team for accurate comparison. I offer the Champion Australian Women’s Cricket team for contrast.

Analyze this.

Video Unavailable

:( :( 

thanks interwebs 

I heard this this morning on Mike and Trey (and Mike) Arizona is the worst team in the NFL 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Browns suck.  They are doomed until they get a new HC.  Historically bad coach.

Bills do have maybe the 2 worst Coordinators...

Who picks the coordinators and position coaches?  McDermott's choices of assistants makes him at least as bad as any HC in the NFL, including Hue Jackson.

BILLS 2019 CAP TOTALS

BILLS 2020 CAP TOTALS

55 players under contract through 2019 

36 players  under contract through 2020 

24 players  under contract through 2021

Est. Cap Space:$131,217,625  

giphy.gif

giphy.gif  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Everyone always looks at past Bills organization players and coaches who have left to prosper somewhere else...

In a situation like the Bills, there is no room for error. McBeane has made many, many errors so far. A LOT of them. But like rookie players, there will be a lot of things for McBeane to learn, and we just have to stick with it and let them develop in the same way as the team. Patience here..  easy to say, I know, but there really isn't another viable option.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Who picks the coordinators and position coaches?  McDermott's choices of assistants makes him at least as bad as any HC in the NFL, including Hue Jackson.

The choices were bad, but no way McD is a worse HC than Jackson.  Watching Hard Knocks, it's clear why.   Hue does absolutely no coaching.  He just tells the players stories and slaps them on the back and has friendly conversations with them.  That is except for the many times he has to beg them to actually work hard in practice in those team meetings.

You could argue the Patriots and/or Packers.  Sure, teams like the Bills, Browns and Cardinals may have down years but the future looks bright with promising youth at more than just one position.  

For the Patriots, they are in the twilight of their long period of sustained success.  All good things....Their rebuilding is closer at hand with each passing year.  The team lacks an identity and stars if you remove  the 40+ year old Brady and the often-injured Gronkowski.  They haven't drafted well so the team is quite average, filled with niche players.   

For the Packers, the entire organization lives and dies with the health of Aaron Rodgers.  Every season hangs by a thread.  When he's injured, the Packers are a terrible team.   The Rodgers contract effectively keeps the Packers mediocre for the foreseeable future.  

I see very little talent on this roster and too many holes to fill to even be 5-11 next year. We need a huge talent infusion at WR and O-line. We could start from nothing next year at both positions and be in better shape than we are now. LB's and the D-Line look very bad as well, nobody on this team will be making the pro bowl.