Is there any team in worse shape than the Bills?

Pete

20 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Not at all. In my opinion there is 0 comparison. SF are in a different league than the Bills in terms of talent.

Lol well I’d love to know where. Minus jimmy G being a year or two ahead of progression than Allen. Cause the rest of their roster is trash 

This is jokes - the worst two teams should play each other Friday night of wild card weekend.  To make it not a tank game the winner gets round 1 and loser round 2.  Like rodeo clowns to warm up the start of the playoffs.  Ha.  If nothing else, you can be sure those two cities will be tuned in that night.

Tre'davious, Allen, and Edwards are a great core to build around.  Dawkins, Milano, Harrison, Poyer, Hyde are great Bills.  And we do have 10 draft picks, and tons of cap room next year.  So I am very hopeful for the Bills and Josh Allen.  Last year we almost beat Jacksonville in the playoffs.  I don't understand how we regressed this year

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol well I’d love to know where. Minus jimmy G being a year or two ahead of progression than Allen. Cause the rest of their roster is trash 

Head coach and QB specifically. The two most important things in football. Plus o line, WR. Basically their whole offence. 

San Fran is like 6 and 1 going back to last year with jimmy G at the reigns with there 1 loss being a nail biter against a super bowl contender on the road. 

I can’t say I see the comparison. San Fran should be a wildcard contender this year. The bills will be one of the worst teams in football. 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Certainly both duds for us.

l think one has to look at the possibility that with a different coaching and team situation around them, they both might have been studs not duds

Agreed.  Neither was a complete bust, but given all the future Hall of Famers in those two drafts, especially at WR, it’s hard not to consider those to be wasted picks.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I like...

(1) The foundation of Allen, Zay, Dawkins, Star, Harrison P, TMurphy, Shaq, Yarbrough, Edmunds, Milano, Tre, Hyde, and Poyer.

(2) Lots of draft picks in 2019 - including possibly the #1 pick (fingers crossed!)

(3) A shite-ton of cap space in 2019

Bills are in better shape than many.

Not too high on the draft picks.

We have normal picks (1 each round) then an extra 4th (chiefs) extra 5th (from steelers via raiders) and extra 7th (panthers) if i'm not mistaken.

All our extra picks are 4th and beyond, but maybe they'll strike gold? who knows :)

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Tre'davious, Allen, and Edwards are a great core to build around.  Dawkins, Milano, Harrison, Poyer, Hyde are great Bills.  And we do have 10 draft picks, and tons of cap room next year.  So I am very hopeful for the Bills and Josh Allen.  Last year we almost beat Jacksonville in the playoffs.  I don't understand how we regressed this year

We did have a .500 QB who had a ceiling near about .500 who we dumped.  We also lost our best two oline men - and we did not fix our our receivers.  In a nutshell, we broke our dumb playoff streak and have a slight hangover now - this was a rebuilding year either way though.  Meh.  Watch the youth develop.  Hopefully this is 1986 all over again.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Would you trade our team for the Browns?  In a NY second.  The Browns have talent all over the field.  Where is ours?

I cant think of a bigger **** show than Buffalo.  The Giants are a mess.  Other than that, I can't think of a bigger mess than us.

Tampa, Jets, Bears- they all got better.  Why can't we?  We deserve much better.  Seriously, is there a team that is garbage, worse than ours?

Are we the least talented team in the NFL?  How does that happen with high draft picks for 20 years, and free agency and salary caps?  It is maddening!

I think detroit is right up there..because even with a decent QB they cant do anything.

The Bills will go thru another cycle---where they wait 2 more yrs to fire these guys.So figure another 5 yrs at least til the mess is cleaned up Pegula is a natural gas expert. but he cant get it into his head to hire experienced GMs and coaches who are proven winners...He has the money to pay them richly.

Then let them do their jobs. This going cheap on inexperienced ,non -proven coaches or coaches that have proved they are no good just because they are the best kissarse interview has not worked.

ralph at least hired some great coaches and GMs before he drove them out of town and chose bad GM and bad coaches

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Not too high on the draft picks.

We have normal picks (1 each round) then an extra 4th (chiefs) extra 5th (from steelers via raiders) and extra 7th (panthers) if i'm not mistaken.

All our extra picks are 4th and beyond, but maybe they'll strike gold? who knows :)

I hope.we trade our #1 or #2 pick and parlay it into a couple of later first rounds and maybe a third round or whatever the chart shows.  Spread it around.

$90 million in cap room next year, a franchise QB hopefully in place and likely the #1 pick in the draft next year?

Yeah there are a LOT of teams in worse shape than the Bills.  Have some common sense and stop being stuck in the now.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Nah I support GM Beane and Coach McDermott...give them some time.  They deserve patience

If we give them too much time and patience we might have several 4-12 seasons in a row

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

$90 million in cap room next year, a franchise QB hopefully in place and likely the #1 pick in the draft next year?

Yeah there are a LOT of teams in worse shape than the Bills.  Have some common sense and stop being stuck in the now.

Oof cap room doesn't mean there's $90 million worth of available free agents. A bad team that can't spend it's full cap simply means it doesn't have enough talent worth the money to reach the cap.. which means it's less talented than other teams. Unspent cap is not good at all.

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

50 million in dead cap no?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Browns suck.  They are doomed until they get a new HC.  Historically bad coach.

Bills do have maybe the 2 worst Coordinators...

Coach Huey “Hue” Jackson is literally as effective in collecting wins as the Venezuelan minister of economic growth is in stopping inflation. I know they were planning on a total rebuild several years back even more extreme than ours, but good night all of us here are also perfectly capable of putting up something like a 1-31 coaching record coming into this year. They are showing a pulse this year at least, but I wonder how long Huey can afford to keep Mayfield on ice?

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully they are setting themselves up for future success.  Building through good draft picks and then retaining those draft picks.  We have a promising young QB, cap space next year, and lots of players with the right mindset.  They are trying to do things the right way this time, unlike in the past when we have operated in a "win now" mode with regards to player acquisition.  In other words, hopefully setting us up for sustained success in the future.  Things could be a lot worse.  We could have Hue Jackson running the show

And if the McBeane brain trust's draft picks don't work out, we're just plain screwed