At least we are not wasting money on the Offensive Line. Bills are dead last in spending

PlayoffsPlease

17 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Are you referring to the team that won the super bowl, while their QB was on a rookie contract? 

Allen won't be on his rookie contract by the time McDermott/Beane figure out how to build a competitive team -- if they ever figure that out at all.  

17 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

The other choice in this situation is to simply fill in players at positions of need year after year without unloading bloated contracts until the end of time.  This is a great way to go somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 every year like the Bills did for the most part between 2000 and 2016.

The Bills didn't "reload".  McDermott and Beane successfully turned a mid-pack NFL team that needed some tweaks, including a better QB, into a poorly staffed expansion team since McDermott was hired early in 2017.  They sent numerous talented young players -- most of whom are starting on playoff contending teams -- packing so that they could fill the team with JAGs, has-beens, and non-NFL caliber trash. 

Get back to me about how great it feels when the Bills don't have another winning season -- may not even see 7 wins -- for however long McDermott and Beane continue to impersonate competent NFL HC and GM.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:12 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

As they say , you get what you pay.  The Bills oline is the worst in the league I suspect in part because it is the cheapest in the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

On the flip side, the Bills spend more on RB's than any team in the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/running-back/

Those wide receivers, once again, the Bills are dead last in spending on WR's. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/wide-receiver/

The entire defense is right about average spending across the league.  They don't seem to be above average performers. 
The Dline is top 10 in cost. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/

I think the McBeane secret sauce is a plan to roll over the entire roster with the exception of about 5 guys in the next 2 years. 

Allen, Edmunds, Tre, Murphy and Phillips.

50 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Allen won't be on his rookie contract by the time McDermott/Beane figure out how to build a competitive team -- if they ever figure that out at all.  

Which has nothing to do with your prior criticism of the Seahawks. 

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Allen, Edmunds, Tre, Murphy and Phillips.

Yep. Maybe Dawkins sticks around too. 

On September 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

As they say , you get what you pay.  The Bills oline is the worst in the league I suspect in part because it is the cheapest in the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

On the flip side, the Bills spend more on RB's than any team in the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/running-back/

Those wide receivers, once again, the Bills are dead last in spending on WR's. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/wide-receiver/

The entire defense is right about average spending across the league.  They don't seem to be above average performers. 
The Dline is top 10 in cost. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/

I think the McBeane secret sauce is a plan to roll over the entire roster with the exception of about 5 guys in the next 2 years. 

So... This year will complete the 2nd year of McBeane's tenure, and yet its going to take another 2 years to turn over the roster?  So 4 years to get your guys on the roster and then what?  Year 5 we get back to 9-7?

Cap hell or not, this team is currenty a reflection of what Beane put on the field and thought would be competitive.  At this point, they are not even close to competing with real NFL teams.  I just don't understand why every team in the league can seem to put a competitive, professional football team on the field, but the Bills.  I don't know if its the type of player the FO is targetting, or archaic coaching, but It's ridiculous to think it should take 4 years to build a competitive team.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/17/2018 at 9:29 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just choose to be realistic. If you watch this defense, it’s hard to have faith in this coach. If you see some of the personnel decisions, it’s hard to imagine this GM can rebuild this team the right way. I’m not saying it can’t happen I just am very confused about what the thought process is on almost every decision made. Just something as dumb as the Kurley thing last week will make you doubt these guys. The numbers game at DT was created by them waiving Washington earlier in the week. The last thing we needed less of, was a WR.

Can't we just bring back Kerley?

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

So... This year will complete the 2nd year of McBeane's tenure, and yet its going to take another 2 years to turn over the roster?  So 4 years to get your guys on the roster and then what?  Year 5 we get back to 9-7?

Cap hell or not, this team is currenty a reflection of what Beane put on the field and thought would be competitive.  At this point, they are not even close to competing with real NFL teams.  I just don't understand why every team in the league can seem to put a competitive, professional football team on the field, but the Bills.  I don't know if its the type of player the FO is targetting, or archaic coaching, but It's ridiculous to think it should take 4 years to build a competitive team.  

I have hyper critical of Bills since the decision to hire Buddy Nix.  I think McDermott is a bit of an egomaniac and overall a bit of a tool. I am not sold on Beane either.   

I am hugely optimistic about Josh Allen.  Personally my feeling is that if the Bills don't have a playoff WIN next year, I would not care if the changed coaches and/or GMs.  Long tenured coaches don't win because they have long tenures.  They have long tenures because they win.  But most people can't grasp the basic cause and effect. 

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

Well... if we fire them.  Whoever we hire gets to inherit a roster with some young talent and doesn't have terrible contracts on the books anymore.  

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Well... if we fire them.  Whoever we hire gets to inherit a roster with some young talent and doesn't have terrible contracts on the books anymore.  

Doesn't have many good players on the roster, either ...

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

2 safeties, a RCB, a MLB, a WLB, a NT, 2 DEs

Young QB, young LT, running back. 

The jury is out on MLB and QB because they are rookies -- absolutely nothing says they're keepers at this point; the "young LT" is a sophomore who's not played very well this season now that he's not playing beside a Pro Bowl LG; the only starting caliber RB currerntly on the roster is 30 years old; and the current WLB is under-sized and got benched for a time in the LA game.  FYI, the Bills play 2 DTs and 2 DEs so they don't use a NT.   Williams is 35 and past his prime.  Star is 29 and played poorly last season.  Trent Murphy hasn't been healthy since TC began, he's coming off a PED suspension I believe, and when he's been in, he's either sucked or been invisible.

As I said, they don't have many good players on their roster.

15 hours ago, SoTier said:

The jury is out on MLB and QB because they are rookies -- absolutely nothing says they're keepers at this point; the "young LT" is a sophomore who's not played very well this season now that he's not playing beside a Pro Bowl LG; the only starting caliber RB currerntly on the roster is 30 years old; and the current WLB is under-sized and got benched for a time in the LA game.  FYI, the Bills play 2 DTs and 2 DEs so they don't use a NT.   Williams is 35 and past his prime.  Star is 29 and played poorly last season.  Trent Murphy hasn't been healthy since TC began, he's coming off a PED suspension I believe, and when he's been in, he's either sucked or been invisible.

As I said, they don't have many good players on their roster.

Sorry... 1-technique defensive tackle... He lines up over center and guard.  Its basically a nose tackle.

I think maybe Beane is trying to out do Chip Kelly. After all THAT worked out so well.

15 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Next year Beane will have a ton of draft picks and a ton of money.  That will be his chance to build a winning team.  I have very little faith that he will choose and spend wisely.  Am I a pessimist or a realist?

I agree and to answer your question - YES!

Edited by cd1