At least we are not wasting money on the Offensive Line. Bills are dead last in spending

PlayoffsPlease

As they say , you get what you pay.  The Bills oline is the worst in the league I suspect in part because it is the cheapest in the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

On the flip side, the Bills spend more on RB's than any team in the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/running-back/

Those wide receivers, once again, the Bills are dead last in spending on WR's. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/wide-receiver/

The entire defense is right about average spending across the league.  They don't seem to be above average performers. 
The Dline is top 10 in cost. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/

I think the McBeane secret sauce is a plan to roll over the entire roster with the exception of about 5 guys in the next 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

They don't want to invest money into these junk players at OL and WR, so when they replace them we don't have another year where 30% of the cap is dead.

Next year we can replace any of them, by any means neccesary, without having to deal with cap ramifications of bad players tying up money.

Last year they took care the secondary, this year MLB, interior DL, and QB, next year it's OL and skill players

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

They don't want to invest money into these junk players at OL and WR, so when they replace them we don't have another year where 30% of the cap is dead.

Next year we can replace any of them, by any means neccesary, without having to deal with cap ramifications of bad players tying up money.

Last year they took care the secondary, this year MLB, interior DL, and QB, next year it's OL and skill players

The defensive spend is a lot more depressing. It is one of the 2 or three worst defenses in the league, and its not cheap.  

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The defensive spend is a lot more depressing. It is one of the 2 or three worst defenses in the league, and its not cheap.  

Jerry, Star, and Trent Murphy have big contracts for sure.

Kyle will drop it 5.5 when he retires. If we get some depth on D (and another corner), the defense will be ok. Offense is what needs the lion's share of the 40 gazillion dollars available next year within our cap.

Just now, Shotgunner said:

Jerry, Star, and Trent Murphy have big contracts for sure.

Kyle will drop it 5.5 when he retires. If we get some depth on D (and another corner), the defense will be ok. Offense is what needs the lion's share of the 40 gazillion dollars available next year within our cap.

The concern is the same guy that gave the money to star and trent, will be spending the money to replace Kyle.   

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are the only team in the league where the QBs have a combined total of 1 complete game and we are still taking the cheap way out every where else.  The Bills haven’t had to pay a QB in decades, yet we look like a team of scabs during a strike. 

You are seeing the glass as half empty.  Or totally empty and smashed on the floor.  I am not sure which. ?

5 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You are seeing the glass as half empty.  Or totally empty and smashed on the floor.  I am not sure which. ?

I just choose to be realistic. If you watch this defense, it’s hard to have faith in this coach. If you see some of the personnel decisions, it’s hard to imagine this GM can rebuild this team the right way. I’m not saying it can’t happen I just am very confused about what the thought process is on almost every decision made. Just something as dumb as the Kurley thing last week will make you doubt these guys. The numbers game at DT was created by them waiving Washington earlier in the week. The last thing we needed less of, was a WR.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just choose to be realistic. If you watch this defense, it’s hard to have faith in this coach. If you see some of the personnel decisions, it’s hard to imagine this GM can rebuild this team the right way. I’m not saying it can’t happen I just am very confused about what the thought process is on almost every decision made. Just something as dumb as the Kurley thing last week will make you doubt these guys. The numbers game at DT was created by them waiving Washington earlier in the week. The last thing we needed less of, was a WR.

If they are as right on Allen as I think they are, the rest won't matter. Even if McBeane can't figure out the rest, GMs and coaches are not that tough to replace.  QB is the holy grail.  

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

If they are as right on Allen as I think they are, the rest won't matter. Even if McBeane can't figure out the rest, GMs and coaches are not that tough to replace.  QB is the holy grail.  

I just simply don’t subscribe to that. First off, if we can’t block and never have any WRs to throw to, Allen will never be good. If we are getting run over every time we are on defense, we won’t beat anyone. I just don’t agree with the thought that football is a 1 on 1 between QBs. Our defense is why we lost last week and nothing Allen did was going to matter. The ravens game tone was also set by our defense but Peterman was lost. There is just way to much that goes into a football game and 20 teams have pretty good QBs. You aren’t going to beat most teams just because Allen might be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just simply don’t subscribe to that. First off, if we can’t block and never have any WRs to throw to, Allen will never be good. If we are getting run over every time we are on defense, we won’t beat anyone. I just don’t agree with the thought that football is a 1 on 1 between QBs. Our defense is why we lost last week and nothing Allen did was going to matter. The ravens game tone was also set by our defense but Peterman was lost. There is just way to much that goes into a football game and 20 teams have pretty good QBs. You aren’t going to beat most teams just because Allen might be good. 

Which excellent NFL qbs in the 21st century have not seen success? 

5 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The concern is the same guy that gave the money to star and trent, will be spending the money to replace Kyle.   

well then, you qualify as a worry-wart...

Kyle has already been replaced with HorribleHarry, with an one year apprenticeship as a bonus

99 is the guy I saw getting up from many tackles in the 2nd half

the "Beane sucks!" crowd needs to take a chill pill...

Vontae Davis sucked from day one here, and being inactive week 1 should have tipped everyone off to that fact

The John Ross TD in preseason was like an HS basketball player versus an old man at the Y

Whaley really sucked, and it has been proven out over time

Beane has unflinchingly jettisoned a ton of underachieving dead cap weight, and he is not done

(that means you, Shaq Lawson & Jerry Hughes)

Dareus was one of the top paid athletes IN SPORT, and is barely a role player for JAX

I still trust the process...

but moreso if it includes Bodine replacing Groy & an experienced backup like Landry Jones or Matt Moore in here to help the kid

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

I really hope we can pay 1 Tackle, 1 center and 1 guard good money.  Keep Dawkins and draft another guard in rd 1 or 2 after trading down and also drafting 2 WRs and a Corner in the first 3 rounds.  

The free agent WR options are pretty sad. Nothing but number 2s and 3s.

are there any WRs that looks like potential top 10 picks?  Aj brown the undisputed best in this class or are buffalo Buffalo bull Anthony johnson  and n’keal Harry in the running?  Marquise Brown has some wheels 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we can pay 1 Tackle, 1 center and 1 guard good money.  Keep Dawkins and draft another guard in rd 1 or 2 after trading down and also drafting 2 WRs and a Corner in the first 3 rounds.  

Like, but also need a DE from somewhere...

Edit- And a LB

Edited by Aussie Joe