What to address first in 2019

DuckyBoys

22 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

You have 10 draft picks and lots of cap space  What should be fixed first to have long term success?

Without a QB, we have nothing.

Don't be afraid to take another one next year if Allen's progress goes sideways.

Especially if we draft first overall.

[YES, I know the Bills will not do this, guaranteed; doesn't mean that is the right decision though]

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Building blocks and young talent are much different. All the rookies this year and last can progress quite a bit. Players who don’t see the field much now could actually grow into starters next year. 

Most teams only have a handful of untouchable building blocks to their team. 

But we have a lack of it all. Minimal young talent, minimal older talent, no real building blocks as Allen and Edmunds are both unknowns. When you purge the young talent you did not draft and replace with older guys and nobodys thats what happens. 

Just now, ngbills said:

But we have a lack of it all. Minimal young talent, minimal older talent, no real building blocks as Allen and Edmunds are both unknowns. When you purge the young talent you did not draft and replace with older guys and nobodys thats what happens. 

That’s the point of what they’re doing though. 

They want their own young talent not Whaleys.

They want to coach their own guys up from scratch. Most of our vets will be gone next year. That’s the youth movement season I think for sure. Sprinkled with a few decent free agents 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Who are the building blocks on this roster? I see only:

QB - Allen we hope

WR -  Can Zay be a solid #2 or #3

LT - Dawkins  we hope

RB - Can Miller turn it around

DT - Phillips can be solid

LB - Edmunds we hope

CB - White is legit

S - Hyde has a few years

s - Poyer maybe 

That is not a lot

It actually is, if Josh Allen turns out to be the real deal. Then you also probably have a high draft pick coming up in the 2019 draft as another big building block.

You probably do need a couple of players to develop into quality starts sometime this year (OL, WR...) to start a gradual upward trend of the team getting better.

Got to be the OL because that's where we have the least talent and it's also where there is likely to be the least talent available in FA. We still are going to really need a WR that can take the top off the defense to make the best use of Allen's arm strength and open things up underneath for shorter routes, possession receivers and the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

You have 10 draft picks and lots of cap space  What should be fixed first to have long term success?

1st thing to do David Culley - Fired

2nd thing to do Teflon Juan - Fired

3rd thing to do Danny Crossman - Fired 

Then whatever Beane wants to do, do the exact opposite 

Edited by MAJBobby

...for the little I know, my first order of business would be to address coaching spots where there are some significant weaknesses.....don't really need to go into details because many here know "who and where".....why would I want these deficiencies involved in the decision making processes relative to draft picks and FA spending?.....not in my book...

Every single offensive position other than Allen at QB and maybe the LT.  It's disgusting what the roster looks like, especially considering that they should give a rookie QB some talent around him so he won't be ruined.

We don't need a WR.  We need at two WRS.  A #1 and a #2.  Benjamin can go, and I can't figure out why the hell Holmes is ever on the field.  He adds nothing.

We need a RT, RG, C, LG for sure.

We need a real TE, and let Croom be the #2.

We need some running backs that are in their low to mid 20's and don't cost all that much.  Shady should be traded before the deadline.

The roster talent on the offensive side of the football, on this current team, is by far, the worst in the NFL.  It doesn't even matter who gets hurt, because you are just plugging in some other schmuck that also sucks to take their place.

Awful.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I still want more....these good defenses have multiple pass rushers that they can bring from different directions and rotate to keep them fresh.......

Shaq Lawson isnt it

Lawson be gone if he weren't a 1st round pick. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Without a QB, we have nothing.

Don't be afraid to take another one next year if Allen's progress goes sideways.

Especially if we draft first overall.

[YES, I know the Bills will not do this, guaranteed; doesn't mean that is the right decision though]

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they took a late rounder and parted ways with Peterman.

Assuming we finish near the bottom, we should be able to land the best OT or pass rusher available or possibly swap picks and fill two holes.   I'd be ok with a lock down corner as well.  Tre and another player of that caliber sounds pretty good to help the pass rush.  Hoping a hyped up qb or 2 or three emerge.  Lot of teams will be looking at qb  Lot of older guys nearing the end (Roethlisberger, Eli, Brady, Rivers, etc)  Add wr and OG in FA

i would love to see a heavy influx of talent on the offensive side of the ball. a couple o linemen, a blue chip wr that can burn, maybe a big, fast, athletic te. defensively, maybe a linebacker that can cover and a pass rusher. and ideally, if we are drafting at the very top, we can find someone that feels they need to spend big money to move up to grab a guy. if we could parlay our top pick for potentially two or three solid players...i'm all in on that.