What to address first in 2019

DuckyBoys

1. O-line

2. Receivers

3. CB

4. DT

I suspect we'll bring in some FAs and work trades for the WR and CB positions - maybe OL or DL too. Whatever they can't find in free-agency or trades, they'll address in the draft.

Edited by WhoTom

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I believe that young players on the Bills roster (or any NFL roster) can make huge strides, even during one season. As crazy at it might sound, what we think is a weakness right now two games in, may actually not be a weakness by the end of the season.

Problem being the bills have the 3rd oldest roster in the league.  Only a hand full of young guys vs a bunch of old.

I get your point though.  We are young at some of the right positions but others need to be addressed asap.

Edited by The Wiz

7 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I believe that young players on the Bills roster (or any NFL roster) can make huge strides, even during one season. As crazy at it might sound, what we think is a weakness right now two games in, may actually not be a weakness by the end of the season.

Who are the building blocks on this roster? I see only:

QB - Allen we hope

WR -  Can Zay be a solid #2 or #3

LT - Dawkins  we hope

RB - Can Miller turn it around

DT - Phillips can be solid

LB - Edmunds we hope

CB - White is legit

S - Hyde has a few years

s - Poyer maybe 

That is not a lot

Just now, ngbills said:

Who are the building blocks on this roster? I see only:

QB - Allen we hope

WR -  Can Zay be a solid #2 or #3

LT - Dawkins  we hope

RB - Can Miller turn it around

DT - Phillips can be solid

LB - Edmunds we hope

CB - White is legit

S - Hyde has a few years

s - Poyer maybe 

That is not a lot

Building blocks and young talent are much different. All the rookies this year and last can progress quite a bit. Players who don’t see the field much now could actually grow into starters next year. 

Most teams only have a handful of untouchable building blocks to their team. 

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Problem being the bills have the 3rd oldest roster in the league.  Only a hand full of young guys vs a bunch of old.

I get your point though.  We are young at some of the right positions but others need to be addressed asap.

The team will become younger once guys like Alexander, Williams and McCoy move on. Next year the team will probably built to outscore teams with the rocket-armed Allen having this year to develop as a starting QB and ready for take off in 2019.