Josh Allen Fired Up!

Alphadawg7

The fact he is a rookie, and showing the emotion he did is awesome.

Watched the game again yesterday.  Kid was under pressure a good amount of time, but still stayed in the pocket and kept his eyes downfield.  Showed some good pocket presence.  I feel if he had better protection, he would of completed a few more of those passes and looked even better stat wise.   A running game would help, need the o-line to actually run block.

Never saw him slump his shoulders.  Kept his head high the whole game and fought his a$$ off.

Edited by davefan66

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So did I!

well, after paying my tab, I ordered 2 more beers at the bar.. But I stayed to the end!?

I somehow also felt that if he did get his first TD pass I wanted to be there in person to see it. The stands were full at the beginning but very few were actually there to see it in person...not that it meant much other than to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, its a shame he has to learn on the job behind such a putrid OL and talentless group of WR's.  But I just love what I am seeing from him so far.  Its gonna be a rough year with this rag tag crap fest surrounding him on offense, but I still look forward to seeing some growth from the kid and think he could make a year two jump like Goff and Wentz did after what should be a heavy offensive driven offseason with FA and draft.  

I realize it's not your sentiment alone but it's one that's repeated often so I just wanted to take a second to add something. I agree that it would be so much better having an OL that can block for him. I think of the Cowboys and how they built their OL and then Zeke and Dak. But then look at Dak and that Offense, even when they had Dez last year. 

My point is that while it would be great to see him sitting comfortable in a pocket and learning to throw as he had time, but you know what might be an even better teacher? Pressure. The crucible of the NFL collapsing pocket might very well serve him better in the long run. When we look at some of the best QBs over the last 30 years (and probably beyond), many of them came in the midst of re-builds and poor management situations. They fought through all of those hardships, learned how fast that NFL clock really is, developed leadership at the highest level, and learned to play in really unfortunate situations. Then, when the team was built around them, their progressions were quicker, their confidence higher, their leadership established on the team, and their knowledge so much more advanced. Didn't work in all cases of course, I just counter the idea that this OL is poor for his development as maybe....it isn't. In the long run this kind of frenetic, scatter-type of line might *actually* be best for him. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

A huge part of his charm is that he is willing to own the dumpster fire.  You can see in his mind, that he is going to will the dumpster fire to score touchdowns.   Very Brett Farve like. Very Jim Kelly Like.  He would be the perfect person for Nike to use as its "just do it" campaign. 

Actually, Allen is very used to playing with a dumpster fire. Maybe he feels right at home.

The other rookies would still be laying on the turf sucking their collective thumbs. ?

21 hours ago, DCBongo said:

Of Allen can show signs of improvement each game then I will be very happy regardless of the win\loss column. 

it is another season to watch progress from the youngsters. Including the new additions to Bills Coaching ( looking at you Daboll )

Preached last year to fellow fans that just showing some coherent consistent and cohesive efforts were enough for me . I saw that last season.
Now they look a mess again. but snot happens. Lets hope Bill build on last Sundays second half.

4 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Which Montgomery?

There's more than one ?

12 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I realize it's not your sentiment alone but it's one that's repeated often so I just wanted to take a second to add something. I agree that it would be so much better having an OL that can block for him. I think of the Cowboys and how they built their OL and then Zeke and Dak. But then look at Dak and that Offense, even when they had Dez last year. 

My point is that while it would be great to see him sitting comfortable in a pocket and learning to throw as he had time, but you know what might be an even better teacher? Pressure. The crucible of the NFL collapsing pocket might very well serve him better in the long run. When we look at some of the best QBs over the last 30 years (and probably beyond), many of them came in the midst of re-builds and poor management situations. They fought through all of those hardships, learned how fast that NFL clock really is, developed leadership at the highest level, and learned to play in really unfortunate situations. Then, when the team was built around them, their progressions were quicker, their confidence higher, their leadership established on the team, and their knowledge so much more advanced. Didn't work in all cases of course, I just counter the idea that this OL is poor for his development as maybe....it isn't. In the long run this kind of frenetic, scatter-type of line might *actually* be best for him. 

as long as he can survive the physical punishment ? Then yes.

seems he might well have the mental and emotional fortitude

10 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Which Montgomery?

maybe this one ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Montgomery

Ole Monty

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

it is another season to watch progress from the youngsters. Including the new additions to Bills Coaching ( looking at you Daboll )

Preached last year to fellow fans that just showing some coherent consistent and cohesive efforts were enough for me . I saw that last season.
Now they look a mess again. but snot happens. Lets hope Bill build on last Sundays second half.

There's more than one ?

as long as he can survive the physical punishment ? Then yes.

seems he might well have the mental and emotional fortitude

maybe this one ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Montgomery

Ole Monty

I think you misunderstood the original boost.  It was making QBs analogous to the generals. Who is Monty means which QB is Monty? 

On 9/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, krf139 said:

I’m not sold. His accuracy was atrocious. While that’s likely to get marginally better, it’s a pipe dream to think it’s going to get where it needs to be.  We can complain about WR talent all we want, but innacurate throws are innacurate throws, regardless of who’s at WR

Your wrong and time will prove it stick around  to tell me how the crow tastes

On 9/17/2018 at 7:52 PM, krf139 said:

I’m not sold. His accuracy was atrocious. While that’s likely to get marginally better, it’s a pipe dream to think it’s going to get where it needs to be.  We can complain about WR talent all we want, but innacurate throws are innacurate throws, regardless of who’s at WR

Seriously.  If we can't expect a kid in his early 20s to go out into his first NFL start and be perfect, then GODAMMIT, our expectations are too low!!!!  One week practicing with the first team offense should be enough for any competent QB to go out and shine in his first ever start.  Man, are we in some serious !@#$ing trouble.

• Haha (+1) 2

They showed on the broadcast that after returning to the sidelines following the offenses TD on their first possession of the 2nd half, Allen was passionately screaming at the D , in a good way , motivating them before stepping on the field.

That was a fire I didn't know Allen possessed and my favorite moment of the game. It showed me the stage isn't too big and he's ready to be a vocal leader. Definitely encouraging sign you like to see from your future franchise QB

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ was a great guy too.  I don’t care about this stuff anymore.  I don’t care about cleaning up Buffalo, giving away shoes, or whatever.  I just want a qb who can consistently make good throws, lead a modern passing attack, and help us win.  

Totally agree. The "Ra Ra" stuff has fallen on deaf ears for me. His accuracy and pre-snap reads are what really concern me. Seems like he was mostly playing sandlot football out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ was a great guy too.  I don’t care about this stuff anymore.  I don’t care about cleaning up Buffalo, giving away shoes, or whatever.  I just want a qb who can consistently make good throws, lead a modern passing attack, and help us win.  

I fart in your general direction.  EJ was a “great guy“ but he was not a passionate leader.  Jury is still out, but Josh has shown flashes of that fiery leadership thing.  Don’t piss on our parade.  We all know that Allen is still a work in progress, but I choose to believe in the kid until I’m convinced he’s not “the guy.”  Embrace the positive, brah.  It’s going to be a looooooong season regardless.

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

Totally agree. The "Ra Ra" stuff has fallen on deaf ears for me. His accuracy and pre-snap reads are what really concern me. Seems like he was mostly playing sandlot football out there. 

And I used to eat that stuff up.  Despite what some people make you think, most players are good guys.  I just want good guys who are actually good players. 

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I fart in your general direction.  EJ was a “great guy“ but he was not a passionate leader.  Jury is still out, but Josh has shown flashes of that fiery leadership thing.  Don’t piss on our parade.  We all know that Allen is still a work in progress, but I choose to believe in the kid until I’m convinced he’s not “the guy.”  Embrace the positive, brah.  It’s going to be a looooooong season regardless.

EJ played his entire senior year for a national championship contender after finding out his mom had cancer and didn’t say a word to anyone.  

2 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

And I used to eat that stuff up.  Despite what some people make you think, most players are good guys.  I just want good guys who are actually good players. 

Yeah, because every successful QB in NFL history has completely aced their first start.  Get real.