Josh Allen Fired Up!

Alphadawg7

This is the kind of stuff I love seeing out of a young player like Josh!  I don't know how people can't be excited for this kid.  Like most young QB's, he has stuff to work on in order to become a successful QB in the NFL.  But man, he not only has incredible athletic gifts (running, throwing, and overall size) but he has that fire, poise, and potential field general esque about him.  

No one knows if he is going to prove to be great or flame out, but damn there is a LOT to love about him and be excited about.  I am fine with what ever this season brings (likely few wins), but I will still be excited to see this kid play every week, even through the rough patches because each bad decision is a lesson to learn from.  I really think this kid is going to be special, but only time will tell.  One thing is for sure, the offense he is on is devoid of talent and putrid.  So he doesn't have a lot to work with and his job won't be easy this first year.  But I think you put some weapons and an OL around this kid next year and the sky is the limit on his potential.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 21
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kudos Josh! No one has yet accused him of not having the requisite leadership skills for sure. I stayed until the end of the game just to watch and support him and the team. Kinda looked like Jimbo a few decades ago in his passion. I hope he becomes a  great one! Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is the kind of stuff I love seeing out of a young player like Josh!  I don't know how people can't be excited for this kid.  Like most young QB's, he has stuff to work on in order to become a successful QB in the NFL.  But man, he not only has incredible athletic gifts (running, throwing, and overall size) but he has that fire, poise, and potential field general esque about him.  

No one knows if he is going to prove to be great or flame out, but damn there is a LOT to love about him and be excited about.  I am fine with what ever this season brings (likely few wins), but I will still be excited to see this kid play every week, even through the rough patches because each bad decision is a lesson to learn from.  I really think this kid is going to be special, but only time will tell.  One thing is for sure, the offense he is on is devoid of talent and putrid.  So he doesn't have a lot to work with and his job won't be easy this first year.  But I think you put some weapons and an OL around this kid next year and the sky is the limit on his potential.  

How dare you? Don't you know the mistakes he made can be read about in his scouting report from PFF? If we would have followed their draft guide this would have never happened. Now we're stuck with a QB that will never change and we're doomed. You hear me? DOOMED!!! He should be levitating around pass rushers by now and completing 90% of his passes. The only incompletion out of each 10 is because he does so on purpose to appear to be mortal. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there is a lot to like about what we have seen so early. Wait until they actually get him an OL via the draft or FA. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’m not sold. His accuracy was atrocious. While that’s likely to get marginally better, it’s a pipe dream to think it’s going to get where it needs to be.  We can complain about WR talent all we want, but innacurate throws are innacurate throws, regardless of who’s at WR

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, he just needs to improve his accuracy a little, not a ton just a little, and learn from mistakes on the field.  Then he'll be pretty damn good.  That is by no means a Herculean task and I am way more pleased with the direction of this team than most.  This was never a 2 year project and everyone who matters in the organization realizes that and supports it, despite was some fans want to think.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, krf139 said:

I’m not sold. His accuracy was atrocious. While that’s likely to get marginally better, it’s a pipe dream to think it’s going to get where it needs to be.  We can complain about WR talent all we want, but innacurate throws are innacurate throws, regardless of who’s at WR

Go away. You are annoying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, krf139 said:

We really need downvotes here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm digging this kid. It's a shame there is a dumpster fire around him.

A huge part of his charm is that he is willing to own the dumpster fire.  You can see in his mind, that he is going to will the dumpster fire to score touchdowns.   Very Brett Farve like. Very Jim Kelly Like.  He would be the perfect person for Nike to use as its "just do it" campaign. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm digging this kid. It's a shame there is a dumpster fire around him.

Yeah, its a shame he has to learn on the job behind such a putrid OL and talentless group of WR's.  But I just love what I am seeing from him so far.  Its gonna be a rough year with this rag tag crap fest surrounding him on offense, but I still look forward to seeing some growth from the kid and think he could make a year two jump like Goff and Wentz did after what should be a heavy offensive driven offseason with FA and draft.  

Edited by Alphadawg7