The cap situation McBeane inhereted

Batman1876

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Its too early to make a determination of any of this whether is gonna work out or not...we wont know till next year.

Smart teams know they need all the playmakers they can get, John.

Once again the Bills are going the wrong way.

I'm sure McBeane would eventually figure that out......I just don't think that the square Pegs give them 5 years to fix it.

And rightfully so.....3 years might not have been enough a decade ago but if you need more than 3 years to fix any mess in this NFL now then you probably aren't championship material.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Smart teams know they need all the playmakers they can get, John.

Once again the Bills are going the wrong way.

I'm sure McBeane would eventually figure that out......I just don't think that the square Pegs give them 5 years to fix it.

And rightfully so.....3 years might not have been enough a decade ago but if you need more than 3 years to fix any mess in this NFL now then you probably aren't championship material.

Bado,

I really dont think this is the final roster they want.....

55 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You miss the point.  You claimed in an earlier post the Bills are a "young team" and will get better by gaining experience.  But it is just factually inaccurate that they are younger.  In terms of existing talent, based on the first two weeks, the Bills have the worst talent in the league.   The facts are we are older and worse than almost every team.  

Young core. Young nucleus. Young plays at key positions. Young players you want to be leaders in the near future. Allen, Edmunds, White, and maybe Phillips. It’s a start. 

In two years almost all of the aging vets bringing that average age up will be gone. Don’t be fooled by simple average, it’s generally not a useful statistic. 

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

Young core. Young nucleus. Young plays at key positions. Young players you want to be leaders in the near future. Allen, Edmunds, White, and maybe Phillips. It’s a start. 

In two years almost all of the aging vets bringing that average age up will be gone. Don’t be fooled by simple average, it’s generally not a useful statistic. 

Not fooled. Do a count.  The Bills don't have any more youth than any other team.  The salary cap forces all teams to load up with the maximum amount of rookie contract players than can.  

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

I guess that’s the second point I’m trying to make. Based on the above numbers, if they’re correct. We wouldn’t need to spend 10 mil on Star. Wouldn’t need 4 mil on Davis. We’d have more money and less holes. More currency to spend on things like OL. 

Having Darius and not star would have been 2 million less cap. Darby not Vontae would save 3 mil. But you wouldn’t have Harrison so you’d need another DT. 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Bado,

I really dont think this is the final roster they want.....

I don't think so either but there are so many self inflicted holes I don't foresee .500 until 2020. Is that good enough for McBean to fend off TPegs and get more time? 

This whole **** show was self created and unnecessary. Totally different story if McBean inherited a bad 2-14 non playoff team.   

13 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Not fooled. Do a count.  The Bills don't have any more youth than any other team.  The salary cap forces all teams to load up with the maximum amount of rookie contract players than can.  

It’s more about how involved those young players are. Snap counts would be interesting to see.

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Well , unless you’re the jaguars, and soon to be the browns. 

Jaguars stunk for 4 1/2 years with Gus before finally Coach Moron took over and said screw this, let's get some guys in here.  Like trading a 6th round pick for Dareus for example.

Clowns still haven't won a game since 2016 or a road game sine 2015.

Edited by reddogblitz

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Jaguars stunk for 4 1/2 years with Gus before finally Coach Moron took over and said screw this, let's get some guys in here.  Like trading a 6th round pick for Dareus for example.

Lol all of those years MADE that defense. Do a little research 

• Like (+1) 1

Peop,e on here just don’t get how the cap works.

whaley made the cap work by restructuring contracts and passing it onto future years...at some point thus will catch up to you so you will have to absorb dead cap space. It’s best to absorb it all in one year.

• Like (+1) 3

Everyone spends to the cap. It’s not just for making a push. There’s a requirement of spending a rolling average of 90-ish percent. We chose to cut bait with 90% of the young core including young guys on rookie deals and second contract guys with big dead money. Now we are old and broke. It was a choice. You might agree or disagree with the strategy but it was not forced on anyone but the fans.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Lol all of those years MADE that defense. Do a little research 

They only drafted 1 of their 4 starting D Linemen.  One was drafted by the Patsies and one by the Bills.  Do a little research yourself..  Which guys exactly are you talking about that were part of the 4 1/2 year "rebuild" that MADE their defense?

Just now, reddogblitz said:

They only drafted 1 of their 4 starting D Linemen.  One was drafted by the Patsies and one by the Bills.  Do a little research yourself..  Which guys exactly are you talking about that were part of the 4 1/2 year "rebuild" that MADE their defense?

Myles jack, jalen Ramsey come to mind.