The cap situation McBeane inhereted

Batman1876

31 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think its valid to look at the people Beane and McDermott have traded and signed and wonder if they understand what it takes to win in this league. 

You're out there trying to compete with Pat Mahomes and Tyreke Hill with Josh Allen and Zay Jones. 

We're out there trying to compete with the Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, Patriots with Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones leading the WR group, with worn out LeSean McCoy and a pop-gun offensive scheme. 

Does McDermott and/or Beane even want talented players? Or do they think they can watch tape more intently than everyone else in the league and work harder than everyone on the field?

Umm...I think the point is....all we can afford because of the Cap situation...is the crap we got..

Git er Done!

Edited by baskin

1 minute ago, baskin said:

Umm...I think the point is....this is all we can afford barbecue of the Cap situation...is the crap we got..

Git er Done!

I think that is a complete cop-out answer, based on nothing but love for the team. 

Its not factually accurate at all. 

Beane/McDermott chose this path. They did not inherit this kind of dead cap. They created it.

1 hour ago, COTC said:

You can do it steps or all at the same time. 

Beane likes the “rip the bandaid off” approach. 

This is the year to do it. Young QB. Young LB. Both would struggle this year.

Let them learn and improve next year. 

I am 100% behind the decision, and will judge Beane on where the team is after the 2020 season. At that point, he will have made the team better, or not. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think that is a complete cop-out answer, based on nothing but love for the team. 

Beane/McDermott chose this path. They did not inherit this kind of dead cap. They created it.

DING DING DING

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Possibly you could reread the original post

Just now, baskin said:

Possibly you could reread the original post

Nah dont need to. Because you dont have to Purge to get under caps. Teams spend to cap every year. And still manage to sign UFAs and Draft classss without purging. 

Just the nice built in excuse for this regime 

59 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

where are these educated fans.....you mean the same one who say fire Beane...this teams sucks ...etc.

To design the proper team model you have to look at salary structure...

offense players paid highest....QB, WR, LOT

on Defnese DE, OLB, CB

the next 3 seasons after this one is a window of opportunity for Buffalo to try and do a short term compete by getting some goofd players before Allen is a due a new contract. assuming he is a successfule there is about $15M to spend over 3 years before he get s ahigher slary which means Buffalo can go out and get two very good players to compete.

This is similar to Seattle where they competed with Wilson on an entry contract then they lost some players when he got a new contract.

This rebuilding is also why I didn't like what Beane didin the draft.

I would have traded the two first up to TB for their 1st then gotten something like a 4th pick along with it then kept the 2 2nds and top 3rd pick they had and used them for depth players,  thise 2 are better tna the 1 they got

I want everyone to read this post and understand that this is who I'm referring to when I say the "Git Er Done" fans.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Nah dont need to. Because you dont have to Purge to get under caps. Teams spend to cap every year. And still manage to sign UFAs and Draft classss without purging. 

Just the nice built in excuse for this regime 

Strange...I don't see anyone from OBD using anything as an excuse....can you point to them?

35 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

That's nice. Wishing for people to fail.

You seem like a swell fella. 

I mean Beane could go back to assistant GM for all I care. Crocodile tears.. he'd have it soo bad if he *keeps failing.

McD can stay. I want to see what he can do Beaneless

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, baskin said:

Strange...I don't see anyone from OBD using anything as an excuse....can you point to them?

Sure go read the Joe B spin piece. And it is also a nice little excuse for the Blind Followers. 

Nevermind that three of the top 5 dead cap hits this year are self inflicted McD and Beane signings and or re-signings. 

But that doesnt fit some inheretted narrative either 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

There are educated fans and uneducated fans.

The educated fans understand the financial side of things and the reasonable expectation that you don't build a super bowl winner over night.

The uneducated fans want to GIT ER DONE OBD every single season, which leads to a 7-9 record for two decades.

Thank god this franchise is finally aligned with educated fans. We all knew this season would be bad. It's only surprising to the Git Er Done crew.

Riiiiiight.  Why don't you just say the educated fans are the ones who agree with your viewpoint, and the uneducated fans are the ones who don't?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

Yeah everybody saying he's done nothing wrong to this point because Whaley was so bad he made him overpay for Star when he wasn't even employed there.

That's the excuse. Doesn't mean Beane still hasn't made a lot of mistakes.