Vikings sign K Dan Bailey

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just want to make sure they beat the Bills in OT

Surprised Cleveland didn't try to get him...their kicker had a game winning FG get blocked last week and then missed 2 XP and 2 more FG this week one a game winner...no idea how he will be the kicker this week coming up.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

A shock to no one.

Not after he missed twice in OT yesterday including a pretty short one on the 2nd one.

Just now, matter2003 said:

Surprised Cleveland didn't try to get him...their kicker had a game winning FG get blocked last week and then missed 2 XP and 2 more FG this week one a game winner...no idea how he will be the kicker this week coming up.

Would you rather go to MIN or CLE? 

They did just sign a kicker, it was a UDFA out of FAU. Not sure if Gonzalez has been cut. They play Thursday night so quick turnaround.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Would you rather go to MIN or CLE? 

Depends on the offer. Hard to say without knowing that. For an extra million dollars a year I'm going to Cleveland all day long.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah from your perspective. You aren't the one cashing the check and trying to set yourself up for life.

Bailey has made a TON of money in his career already for a kicker. So much so that he was willing to sit two weeks and turn down offers from multiple teams to wait for the "right offer".

Spotrac has him at just under $14 million career earnings before he earns a penny for the Vikings this year.

Edited by JM57
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

Bailey has made a TON of money in his career already. So much so that he was willing to sit two weeks and turn down offers from multiple teams to wait for the "right offer" 

And I'm sure a very important part of the "right offer" was the amount on the check too. Lets not kid ourselves. Teams become more desperate when they realize the option they thought was good can't kick under pressure. 

The more desperate they become the more he is worth. Common sense.

Edited by matter2003

And I'm sure part of the "right offer" was the amount on the check too. Lets not kid ourselves. 

He's probably still getting paid from the Cowboys as he got cut in the middle of a long term deal. It wasn't about the money, it was about settling in with a good team.

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah from your perspective. You aren't the one cashing the check and trying to set yourself up for life.

He's not exactly a rookie and he's made almost $14M in his career: Dan Bailey 

Great situation for him as many veteran players sign for less to chase rings.  Good choice.

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Bailey has made a TON of money in his career already for a kicker. So much so that he was willing to sit two weeks and turn down offers from multiple teams to wait for the "right offer".

Spotrac has him at just under $14 million career earnings before he earns a penny for the Vikings this year.

Exactly!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, White Linen said:

My family and I were watching that game and I said that young kid is getting cut.  The wife felt terrible for him the whole time - admittedly so did my sons and I by the end.   

Too bad for Carlson although he did regress @ Auburn his senior  year. Hope he gets another chance somewhere else, but confidence is everything for a kicker.

• Like (+1) 2