Home Theater install- Anyone have this done?

dhg

3 hours ago, eball said:

My $0.02...the only "difficult" part is the wiring.  Hire a professional to do that job correctly.  Otherwise, it's just mixing and matching the components you want/like.

I'd probably spring for wireless if i was going to do a home theater. 

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

For the record...the picture via antenna is superior to  cable or satellite...what's old is new again!

I promise, I will get you there...just trust the pro-cess.

I forget who (probably because of my advanced age), but a couple people have recently been bragging to me about how awesome their antenna sisgnal is. Oh now it comes back to me who, there is HOPE FOR ME! 

Can you do it without aluminum foil and holding it just right

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

you and @Augie do need to get together and share an egg cream and compare the relative merits of your walkmans!!! ? 

JK!!!!!

Hey, @dhg, FYI - just because he says he’s kidding does not mean he’s really kidding. He thinks CA$H is old fashioned, while I happen to be a BIG fan!

I just got a vizeo 5.1 surround sound bar about a month ago. Cost me $230. It has an HDMI (arc), wifi to adjust audio through your phone with the vizeo app, and sounds better than any stereo/surround sound I've ever had. My living room is fairly small compared to some, but this thing can crank out the volume (and bass) . Supports Dolby digital, Dolby digital plus and DTS. Is it the absolute best out there? No, but for $230 you won't find anything better. 

• Like (+1) 1