Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

Just now, Ittakestime said:

As soon as Beane stepped foot into Buffalo, it has been a disaster.  McDermott with Whaley was actually good.  Beane came in and really messed everything up.  It would be tough to find someone with a bigger ego though.

Ah yes I forgot another one. Welcome to the purge!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Not much you could do about the trajectory post-2017.  Preston Brown had limitations, Richie malfunctioned,  Wood career ending health issues, and down the list.  Anybody being honest with themselves knew in all likelihood that we were taking a step backwards this year.

Well sure there were things out of anyone's control but there is a lot more to this.  Beane made the decisions on who not to sign, who to trade, the draft picks and the free agent signings.

I get he did not have much cap money but he also created a lot of the dead cap space by unloading players on contract.  He brought in Star, Trent, McCarron, Kerley, Vontae, and Bodine.  Not exactly a bumper crop of free agents and none of them are better, in fact most are much worse,  than the players they are replacing. 

So, while I am all for giving Beane and McDermott the benefit of the doubt and even 3-4 years to get this fixed, I must say my confidence in them is starting to erode a bit.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL

Yes if we pay them they wont come

Interesting that pretty much ALL of McD's players LOVE playing for him.

By the way.....anybody that sits there and watches Gronk take a shot at Tre White while he is on the ground and not do anything is not someone I want on this team.

I need proof that you dont live under a bridge

Funny, when a person fits a preferred narrative then he is a swell and upstanding guy.  A poster who wants to have a negative mindset concerning the Bills finds a former player who feels the same what else is going to happen?

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Funny, when a person fits a preferred narrative then he is a swell and upstanding guy.  A poster who wants to have a negative mindset concerning the Bills finds a former player who feels the same what else is going to happen?

Ppl really scrambling this year to find support for their agendas

This team is in a rebiulding year.....to me that is pretty much a fact and I am ok with it....1 step back to go 3 steps forward

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JTown said:

I said before yesterday's game that I think Mc clappy may have lost this team.  There is so many unanswered questions and imo not one person is playing inspired football.

I believe that it is going to get much worse before it gets better.  I hope that I am wrong and that this is the "process" and I am too stupid to see it.

Again, if he lost the team, why did they play harder for him in the second half when he was calling the plays?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Another reporter said the team had a different vibe this year as well. Anyone think that announcing Peterman as the starter caused many of the players to mentally check out?

Sal C said the same thing several times on broadcasts...it started in the Cinci  preseason game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

As soon as Beane stepped foot into Buffalo, it has been a disaster.  McDermott with Whaley was actually good.  Beane came in and really messed everything up.  It would be tough to find someone with a bigger ego though.

Interesting...I did not realize Whaley was here when we made the playoffs

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This team is in a rebiulding year.....to me that is pretty much a fact and I am ok with it....1 step back to go 3 steps forward

I blame it on the high number of younger people who most likely take a fair number of writing courses in college.  You know the kind where you have to take a position on a subject even if you do not agree with it.  Then you get polished at spinning crap into gold.  The same with debate teams or public speaking courses.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree.  What we witnessed the first 2 games of the season was two teams with roughly 5 mil in dead cap money beating the daylights out of a team with 54 mil in dead cap money.  Many of us thought the Bills were going to be bad this year and now that they are proving us all right we're somehow mad about it?

Edited by Epstein's Mother

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Again, if he lost the team, why did they play harder for him in the second half when he was calling the plays?

The Bolts were preserving their lead.  They were never in trouble.

Why does the head coach have to take the clipboard away from a coach he hired?

Why all the Carolina rejects?

Why no McCarron, Bridgewater?

Why no inspired play?

Do I need to go on?

Edited by JTown
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JTown said:

The Bolts were preserving their lead.  They were never in trouble.

They continued to score. This "foot off the pedal" nonsense needs to stop. All their starters were in right until the end. 

Why does the head coach have to take the clipboard away from a coach he hired?

I dunno, the defense was pretty damn good last year. Obviously that isn't the case, so he had to make a change. If he didn't, I bet you'd be complaining that he never makes adjustments. 

Why all the Carolina rejects?

First year coach grabbing players he is familiar with isn't that uncommon. In fact, it makes sense. 

Why no McCarron, Bridgewater?

McCarron looked worse than Peterman in preseason, and the Jets got Teddy first. Simple as that. 

Why no inspired play?

As soon as McD took over, the play was much better on defense. Offensively, we looked better with Allen. It is a talent thing on that side of the ball. 

Do I needed to go on?

If you like. I'll keep rebutting everything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Preston being honest

He also said the following very reasonable things:

@Kat_Terrell

Follow Follow @Kat_Terrell

Preston Brown said he's seen teammates fake injuries so they wouldn't have to go back in, but he's never seen someone just up and quit.

9:36 AM - 17 Sep 2018

@Kat_Terrell

Follow Follow @Kat_Terrell

Brown: "You've kind of got to respect the fact that he was like, that's it for me. It just sounds so weird. But he couldn't give them no more, he got scored on earlier in the game. ... and then John [Ross] had him all over the Internet a couple of weeks ago. ... Hopefully he's alright"

9:34 AM - 17 Sep 2018

• Like (+1) 1