Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

22 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

They miss Preston Brown

not surprising that the first reaction is again, to attack the messenger.

Yep, response from the board is typical.  Preston is not saying anything that other people aren't thinking.  This organization is the joke of the league.

• Like (+1) 2

A salty ex-player who is in such high demand that he got a 1 year contract for $5M after leading the league in tackles and only 25 years old.  I could not care less what he thinks.  Talk to me when someone who matters says something.

And sorry Aaron, no one else wanted to see you get paralyzed on the field either, so no one signed you.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I know that Vontae released that statement saying that his retiring had nothing to do with the Bill's players or coaching staff, but the optics of this are really bad.  When you combine two bad losses with this.. things could get ugly.

Vontae's decision of retiring made it look bad on him, he wasn't even good enough to start and he knew it so he quit on the team.  I hope they go after his guaranteed money.

Speaking of Bengals, Cordy Glenn has apparently played quite well through the first two games. That was one trade I questioned. Maybe it was the only way to get the draft ammo necessary to draft Allen, which makes it understandable. That said, when healthy (a big if, I know), he is a genuinely good player who represents a massive upgrade over Mills. 

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Losing breeds bad blood.  I would have thought that after making the playoffs the team would have been on an upswing. 

The post season was really bad for this team.   

Not much you could do about the trajectory post-2017.  Preston Brown had limitations, Richie malfunctioned,  Wood career ending health issues, and down the list.  Anybody being honest with themselves knew in all likelihood that we were taking a step backwards this year.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

In a conversation with K-9 (another old timer) yesterday, I lamented the thought that it was like ICE ( a guy who was the creme de la creme of ****-posters) cloned himself a thousand times and took over the board.

It really is that bad, and it's even gotten to the point where I'm forced to use ignore on a massive scale. Sad, really.

Seriously, I really question if many who are now posting are serious football fans, non - Bills fans, or just bored millennials who are mad because they decided to follow the Bills this year and no SB on the horizon - I want it and I want it now! I really miss the great discussion and debate with solid fans!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

More proof that many players don't like playing for McD....good luck trying to get top talent next year with that 80 million in cap room money.

Hard working players like Kyle Williams and Lorax?  How about good signings like Poyer and Hyde or former player under McDerm like Star?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Speaking of Bengals, Cordy Glenn has apparently played quite well through the first two games. That was one trade I questioned. Maybe it was the only way to get the draft ammo necessary to draft Allen, which makes it understandable. That said, when healthy (a big if, I know), he is a genuinely good player who represents a massive upgrade over Mills. 

I think that we would have kept Glenn if he had proven consistently available health-wise.  The Bengals' offer was too good to turn down when facing the reality of Glenn's history.

Just now, vorpma said:

Seriously, I really question if many who are now posting are serious football fans, non - Bills fans, or just bored millennials who are mad because they decided to follow the Bills this year and no SB on the horizon - I want it and I want it now! I really miss the great discussion and debate with solid fans!

What's really crappy is that all of the people that were here in the unmoderated heyday of the board are gone. The Gavins, AiOs, Bob Lambs, AKCs, The Dean, etc. All those people made conversation and led to some cool friendships offline. Most of the people here today, I wouldn't want to share a beer with. It's a real bummer.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its mind boggling that people are turning this on the organization, the players, the staff, etc.  Davis has been AWFUL...not kind of bad, not up and down, but straight AWFUL since joining the Bills, and I was a guy that thought he was going to help make our secondary better.  This guy barely made the 53 man roster, then was a healthy inactive week 1.  And I am sure for a guy with his level of a previous career, being a healthy scratch, barely making a roster spot, etc was a huge reality check to just how bad he is right now.  

Then he was not getting it done in the game either.  This guy reminds of the guy who misses everything at the park during basketball and then starts limping or acting like hes hurt to have to "sit out" rest of game to hide that hes quitting cuz hes getting embarrassed.  

In fact, this IMO makes the team and organization look BETTER because McD saw this and held him out of week 1 knowing he isnt close to what he was...and McD took over the D play calling and Davis quit, then this whole defense flipped a switch at halftime and shut down Chargers in 2nd half after this.  

The ONLY person who looks bad here is Davis.  I dont fault him for calling it quits because he is clearly a shell of his former self, but he should have waited until after the game not at halftime leaving his teammates hanging.  This will now define his career instead of his resume.

I agree that V. Davis was horrible.  Absolute waste!

Now... Who signed him?

People don't doubt this regime based solely on Davis retiring at the half.

They (myself specifically) doubt their ability to evaluate talent and field a product worth watching.  

When you look at the lack of talent on this team, one cannot second guess the poor judgement used by McBeane ?

Cmon man!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

More proof that many players don't like playing for McD....good luck trying to get top talent next year with that 80 million in cap room money.

LOL

Yes if we pay them they wont come

Interesting that pretty much ALL of McD's players LOVE playing for him.

By the way.....anybody that sits there and watches Gronk take a shot at Tre White while he is on the ground and not do anything is not someone I want on this team.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I'll need proof.

I need proof that you dont live under a bridge

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1