Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Money.  Talent.  They did not see Brown as being good enough at MLB.   Would have cost the millions to resign him.

He has talent, not as much as our 1st round pick talent but talent.  And the amount he got is reasonable amount for veteran LB who never missed a game.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Look, you don’t have to be the Worlds Greatest Athlete to disrupt a play by recognizing and reacting. And the Worlds Greatest MLB Athlete is useless if he doesn’t recognize what’s coming at him. Don’t take it from me. Take it from PFF:

“Rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds has the athletic ability that coaches crave in today’s NFL, but the Chargers targeted him early and often in this game. He got caught by multiple play-action fakes and was at times guilty of taking poor angles to the ball.”

They did miss the part of "rookie" Tremain Edmunds

3 hours ago, JTown said:

I believe that it is going to get much worse before it gets better.  I hope that I am wrong and that this is the "process" and I am too stupid to see it.

I'm hoping I am an idiot savant too and that I can't see the future of the 2018 season. But I think it's vice-versa and we are ALL right. McBeane gutted "playoff caliber" for "first pick worthy."  Peterman spunked all over this regime and it's a nasty clean-up. Everybody in the locker room smells the processed BS and is ready to bail. If and when Kyle throws in the towel, we will know that the ship has truly sunk.  Our hopes rest on a rookie QB with no weapons, the worst OL in the NFL and a defense that needs to be coached up to be competent.  Oh boy!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

He has talent, not as much as our 1st round pick talent but talent.  And the amount he got is reasonable amount for veteran LB who never missed a game.

But enoughbto warrant the money?  People have selectively short memories but Brown would get blasted routinely around here for making tackles 5-10 yards from scrimmage and not having the ability to cover.

Edmunds has freakish athletic ability.  And like Allen he's getting thrown in the deep end of the pool.  Yet he isn't even given a chance by some to tread water let alone swim.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

They did miss the part of "rookie" Tremain Edmunds

Huh? It starts out “Rookie linebacker ...”. And that’s beside the point. We can all agree that he has tremendous potential. My point is that he’s being asked to do way more than he can handle right now, and that’s why we really miss a veteran (albeit a less athletically talented one) in Preston Brown. Oh, there’s plenty of other issues, but that’s the single biggest one. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Huh? It starts out “Rookie linebacker ...”. And that’s beside the point. We can all agree that he has tremendous potential. My point is that he’s being asked to do way more than he can handle right now, and that’s why we really miss a veteran (albeit a less athletically talented one) in Preston Brown. Oh, there’s plenty of other issues, but that’s the single biggest one. 

Im trying to figure out why that would be "besides the point"

He doesnt get better watching another MLB play the position

To me that is the whole point

Edited by John from Riverside

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Odd pot stirring there from a typically matter of fact guy. 

The main camps I’m can say I’ve seen evolve :

1) those who accept this years dumpster fire is an investment in the future, with green raw rookies leading both sides of the ball- and while flashes of good are hopefully yet to come, there will be lots of ugly first. 

2) those that are furious the team Blows and has been ritually embarrassed by what are likely middling AFC teams and blames the front office for not putting the team in super bowl contention immediately. Wants another FO reboot, now. 

3) just like to complain about everything all the time anyway 

4)  so disconnected with reality they believed Peterman Started was a good thing

I expected the year to be a tough one.  I thought McDermott would have a competitive team though.  The team needs to make a major change in effort and performance or McDermott will be on a short list of coaches that could be fired.  If Allen shows poise and fire in these games, Buffalo could have a top 5 pick.  A franchise Qb, a freak Mike with 100 mil in cap space.  That's near perfect to takeover as any.  Look at LA with Goeff, Chicago with Trubisky.  Defensive minded head coaches who fumbled the grooming of the young Qb.  

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

We're glad too, Preston.

Speak for yourself... I would rather have a starting caliber MLB in Brown and used the draft pickS it cost to draft Edmunds on OL help instead... It was stupid to hire a coach who had no intention of using/retaining decent players, like Brown and Darby, still in the prime of their careers.

Edited by ThunderGun

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im trying to figure out why that would be "besides the point"

To me that is the whole point

If you insist on answering a different question/responding to a different point it is. But my point - the point you argued with! - is that the single biggest difference in the Bills this year is the immediate drop-off from productive veteran Preston Brown to raw rookie Tremaine Edmunds at MLB. And you attempt to rebut that by saying “but it was a good move because Edmunds is much more talented and will pay dividends in the future.” Which is kind of another way of saying I’m right, but I’m asking the wrong question. So don’t argue the point. Concede the point, and then make your point. It’s not so hard to argue rationally .... 

3 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

Speak for yourself... I would rather have a starting caliber MLB in Brown and used the draft pickS it cost to draft Edmunds on OL help instead... It was stupid to hire a coach who had no intention of using/retaining decent players, like Brown and Darby, still in the prime of their careers.

after drAfting Josh I wanted Ridley. The Falcons who actually do have a franchise QB and Julio Jones traded up into the first for him.  If you're gonna draft THE GUY, get him some help for crying out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

If you insist on answering a different question/responding to a different point it is. But my point - the point you argued with! - is that the single biggest difference in the Bills this year is the immediate drop-off from productive veteran Preston Brown to raw rookie Tremaine Edmunds at MLB. And you attempt to rebut that by saying “but it was a good move because Edmunds is much more talented and will pay dividends in the future.” Which is kind of another way of saying I’m right, but I’m asking the wrong question. So don’t argue the point. Concede the point, and then make your point. It’s not so hard to argue rationally .... 

Now I am trying to figure out what your point actually is

Brown was not good enough last year.....and got millions as a free agent

The bills are obvious taking a step back to go 3 steps forward

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Vontae Davis has looked incapable of performing at an NFL level for well over a year now.  He got burned early yesterday after being inactive week 1.  He should have retired before September but at least he realized what many of us already saw.  His time was up.

If the team was performing better maybe Davis stays on the rest of the year as healthy scratch or comes off the bench here and there.  His decision has nothing to do with the team and coaching staff.

Except that this staff brought him in , spent valuable cap money on someone who quit in the middle of a game.  So you are happy with this regimes ability to evaluate talent?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Now I am trying to figure out what your point actually is

Brown was not good enough last year.....and got millions as a free agent

The bills are obvious taking a step back to go 3 steps forward

See what I mean?  “The Bills are taking a step back to go 3 steps forward.”  Which (in every place but perhaps Riverside, or Hemet, or what’s next, Fontana?) is the same thing as agreeing with me that the Bills D misses Preston Brown RIGHT NOW.  (Screams silently in frustration)

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I think it was all Vontae Davis. He'd been having trouble since the first day in practice.

Agreed.  It's nothing more than a player who realized he just didn't have "it" anymore.  He lost heart.   The fact he did it at halftime is definitely unusual, but not a reason to start looking for persons or situations to blame other than Vontae himself.  Now, if Vontae himself started tossing around allegations, someone might want to look more closely at the locker rom, but that just isn't the case at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes Preston....you would have gotten beaten on those crossing routes as well....yes....the bills let you go for to a much better team. scheme fit

Fixed.

5 minutes ago, COTC said:

You think all fat people should go to H E double hockey stick?

Thats seems rather obtuse. 

Don't you mean obese?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

See what I mean?  “The Bills are taking a step back to go 3 steps forward.”  Which (in every place but perhaps Riverside, or Hemet, or what’s next, Fontana?) is the same thing as agreeing with me that the Bills D misses Preston Brown RIGHT NOW.  (Screams silently in frustration)

Then we cant agree....because Edmunds needs to be playing.  You dont get better sitting on the sideline watching Preston Brown