Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

It's amazing how quickly their bodies can go to crap in some cases.  Just a few years ago this guy was playing well.  I legitimately remember thinking that Vontae moved like an old man during the Bills Embedded series.  

I think he made the right choice for himself Sunday afternoon.  I have a feeling he truly believed he had one more year left and wanted to contribute to this team, but even he understood that he was a liability and that this move was addition by subtraction for the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Because he was really good a few years ago before injuries and age brought us to current.  If Davis healed up and returned to form he would have been an excellent signing.  He didn't.

They don’t work out guys?  They watch 2 year old film?  Come on man.  This is a ooor signing. Most people knew this.  The GM should be way ahead of the fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They don’t work out guys?  They watch 2 year old film?  Come on man.  This is a ooor signing. Most people knew this.  The GM should be way ahead of the fans. 

I didn't say it was a good signing, ned.  You asked why he was signed, not if it was smart. I answered.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So you think Preston Brown would have been covering those crossing routes that were beating Edmunds.?

So you think Edmunds is as skilled as Brown at recognizing that those crossing routes are coming? So you don’t think that the Ravens and Chargers were exploiting Edmunds’ inexperience as a 20 year old signal calling MLB?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Who cares if Brown is skilled at recognizing them.....he physically cannot cover them.

Edmunds can....he is making rookie mistakes (and played a pretty good game 1)

So .... what’s the major difference between last year and this year that explains the precipitous defensive decline? EJ Gaines? 

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What Davis did was cowardly.  As for Brown, he likely would have made more plays yesterday vs. a rookie in  his second  game.  A year from now?  Edmunds will do things Brown couldn't do ever.

Yes but would have been better to kept both considering our LB situation.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So .... what’s the major difference between last year and this year that explains the precipitous defensive decline? EJ Gaines? 

missed tackles.....bad secondary play.....lack of pass rush......

3 points in the 2nd half of the chargers game though....Im thinking McD might hold onto the reigns on that

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes but would have been better to kept both considering our LB situation.

Brown made out pretty good in free agency....he does not do what we need at MLB...the scheme just does not fit him

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The defense was getting gashed last year as well. We traded out best run stuffer in dareus.. But signed a worse run stuffer to a big contract..

kyle is 1 year older, lorenzo is 1 year older... we are thinner at DB... Poyer has regressed through 2 games

very conservative play calling and no turnovers is a recipe for disaster 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Who cares if Brown is skilled at recognizing them.....he physically cannot cover them.

Edmunds can....he is making rookie mistakes (and played a pretty good game 1)

Look, you don’t have to be the Worlds Greatest Athlete to disrupt a play by recognizing and reacting. And the Worlds Greatest MLB Athlete is useless if he doesn’t recognize what’s coming at him. Don’t take it from me. Take it from PFF:

“Rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds has the athletic ability that coaches crave in today’s NFL, but the Chargers targeted him early and often in this game. He got caught by multiple play-action fakes and was at times guilty of taking poor angles to the ball.”