Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Regardless of how old you are, or that you choose to purchase season tickets, you still need to understand what it takes to build a team for long-term success. It’s not easy or quick. We all want the team to succeed right away, but this regime has a plan and is moving forward with that plan. You may not like the state of the plan two weeks into this season but you don’t yet know the result, which they’ve continually said will be 2-3 years. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and frustration especially on Gameday. But those who choose to let it play out before screaming for firings shouldn’t be labeled kool aid drinkers, either. Not saying you did that but I’ve seen it and it makes little sense. I hate losing too but I’m not surprised it’s happening and am looking for progress from the young players. Sometimes you need to get worse before you get better. Last year’s team wasn’t good - they got blown out 3 games in a row midseseason them somehow regrouped and won the rest of their games except the !@#$ing Pats. A lot of that is coaching.

When did I call for a firing?

At what point did I say I expected to win now?

I guess I am wrong for questioning decisions made by this current regime.  Shame on me.

I have to learn to follow and not think for myself.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JTown said:

My first game was in 73.

Season ticket holder.

And you are going to tell me about patience!

Lmfao

Chronological age has nothing to do with emotional age or intelligence.   Go over to the PPP board and see how that plays out every second...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JTown said:

When did I call for a firing?

At what point did I say I expected to win now?

I guess I am wrong for questioning decisions made by this current regime.  Shame on me.

I have to learn to follow and not think for myself.

If you read my post it says “not saying you did that” 

also, I did not say you were “wrong” ... I said “everyone is entitled to their opinion and frustration” 

yet, it’s also ok to have other viewpoints that do include patience. You “laughed your !@#$ing ass off” at those who have “patience” 

if you want to “follow” you can follow many on this board who share your viewpoint, as well. Do not get your point about not thinking for yourself. 

1 hour ago, skibum said:

I love how everybody talks smack about the former Bills, as if they were all bad eggs and addition-by-subtraction moves by the GM - when all this team has done is suck so much more in their absence. 

Preston Brown had a lot of good games for the Bills, and he's probably right. Something ain't right when a veteran player retires in the middle of a game, the same game in which his defensive coordinator is basically benched by the head coach. 

Almost every player who was once a starter here and got dropped by Beane is an upgrade at his position over what we have now. 

I agree with this, it appears that the bills just don't have much talent on their team. i must admit

I was on board with the process from the get go, in hind sight it looks to be one of those bad ideas.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I agree with this, it appears that the bills just don't have much talent on their team. i must admit

I was on board with the process from the get go, in hind sight it looks to be one of those bad ideas.

How dare you question "the process"  you just have to have "patience"  stop trying to think for yourself and let everyone at TBD do the thinking for you.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sal C said the same thing several times on broadcasts...it started in the Cinci  preseason game.

Interesting. He's generally pretty positive, so it's doubtful he was being hyperbolic. I have my issues with McD, but I hope he can sort this out. The thought of yet another regime change is nauseating.

4 minutes ago, COTC said:

Where there’s smoke....

The truth will come out. Very soon. 

Spooky. Fictitious meeting notes with unnamed bills execs incoming.

Too bad you'll be on purge, was really looking forward to the upcoming chapters of the conspiracy.

Preston Brown has it right... There are weird things going on a 2BD... McDermott takes over the defensive play-calling??... By choice, or was there some halftime locker room incident involving Frazier??... Davis walks off the field at halftime, retires, and leaves the stadium??... Sure looks negative to me... Beane and McDermott better get command of the situation... 

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yeah don't trust what McBean has to say. All this process talk is meaningless. Just win some games, we are not looking for role models we want WINS!

Speak for yourself.  I want a solid team with a good foundation.  7 wins this year would be feckless; irresponsible even.  Ha

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its mind boggling that people are turning this on the organization, the players, the staff, etc.  Davis has been AWFUL...not kind of bad, not up and down, but straight AWFUL since joining the Bills, and I was a guy that thought he was going to help make our secondary better.  This guy barely made the 53 man roster, then was a healthy inactive week 1.  And I am sure for a guy with his level of a previous career, being a healthy scratch, barely making a roster spot, etc was a huge reality check to just how bad he is right now.  

Then he was not getting it done in the game either.  This guy reminds of the guy who misses everything at the park during basketball and then starts limping or acting like hes hurt to have to "sit out" rest of game to hide that hes quitting cuz hes getting embarrassed.  

In fact, this IMO makes the team and organization look BETTER because McD saw this and held him out of week 1 knowing he isnt close to what he was...and McD took over the D play calling and Davis quit, then this whole defense flipped a switch at halftime and shut down Chargers in 2nd half after this.  

The ONLY person who looks bad here is Davis.  I dont fault him for calling it quits because he is clearly a shell of his former self, but he should have waited until after the game not at halftime leaving his teammates hanging.  This will now define his career instead of his resume.

Bingo.

All this talk of McD having lost the lockeroom because of Davis. WHat? Dude was bad and quit in the worst possible way. If there are signs the coach is losing his team, that won't be it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

For those of us that don't live in WNY, this year is especially hard because you have to take so much from fans of the local team. I can't wait for the Bengals to lose two in a row so that things can return to normal around here. But what I don't get is how my being angry and not "drinking the cool-aid" is going to change anything. I keep hoping that Beene is some sort of genius because if the negative posters here are correct then we are screwed for a decade. Regardless of what anyone says, you cannot keep firing coaches and GMs so we have to keep these guys until at least 2020. I hated the Rex hiring but I wish he was still the coach. Not because he was a better coach than McD, but because an organization needs to build some stability. 

And FWIW, Preston Brown has been the most interviewed Bengal in the early season. Every time I turn on local sports talk (if you think WGR is bad, try ESPN 1360 in Cincinnati), Preston is getting interviewed. He's a local kid (Northwest Highschool) returning home and Dave Lapham (Cincinnati's color guy and a bigger homer than Hawk Harrelson) just keeps asking him about his childhood fandom how he felt when this or that bad thing happened to the Bengals. And Preston feels the need to keep proving his loyalty to his new team by telling everyone far and wide how happy he is to be "home." Of course he's going to be asked about this happening on his former team and he chose to use it as another example of why he's happy to be playing for the Bengals, a team with an owner so cheap that he refuses to hire a GM or any other player personnel staffers.

Edited by FrenchConnection

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Preston Brown has it right... There are weird things going on a 2BD... McDermott takes over the defensive play-calling??... By choice, or was there some halftime locker room incident involving Frazier??... Davis walks off the field at halftime, retires, and leaves the stadium??... Sure looks negative to me... Beane and McDermott better get command of the situation... 

Seemed like McD lit a fire under someone because they came out in teh 2nd half looking like they actually gave a S.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

If...IF...this kind of **** is true, you find out who the people who aren't trying are and ship them out. Zero tolerance. Bring in street FA to replace them if you need to.

Isn't that "The Process"?  Get rid of people who don't buy in?  So the answer to the alleged morale problem 1 year into the Process is more Process? 

• Like (+1) 1