A couple of frustrating plays yesterday IMO

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont think he is ever going to be a Tom Brady type accurate passer......

That does not mean that he couldnt end up being a great player....because he has so many physical skills

True, True.  Let's hope he brings together his entire package of leadership, arm, etc.. to be the guy we need.

But if you're a QB with a 58% completion, along with a slightly below 1:1 TD to Interception ratio, along with some running ability...your name is Geno Smith.  

Just now, zow2 said:

True, True.  Let's hope he brings together his entire package of leadership, arm, etc.. to be the guy we need.

But if you're a QB with a 58% completion, along with a slightly below 1:1 TD to Interception ratio, along with some running ability...your name is Geno Smith.  

Right now I think he is at 60 percent over 2 games.....

I think that will improve as the season progresses

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I think Sammy had elite talent

We didnt really get to see it due to a number of reasons

Talent wasn't what he was asking about. Performance was.

Moulds had it, Watkins not so much.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

JOE! Quit it I was thinking of Moulds. Stop doing that!

You're learning, padawan.

7 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I liked it. Looks like the throw Antonio Brown comes up with on a circus catch. Big Ben can make those throws because he has one of the best WRs ever. 

I really really want to get a top 10 receiver somehow. When's the last time we had eliteness at that position?

Moulds, Sammy was close.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Doesn't help that Allen wasn't regularly practicing with most of these guys until recently...

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

That's ALSO a legitimate beef.

I've wanted Allen to start and practice with the ones since the draft.

Here we go with the excuses, ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The Josh Allen pass to Clay to start the 2nd half........that SHOULD have been a touchdown but Clay waiting for the ball to get to him instead of fighting for it and let Darwin knock it away....if he catches that ball he might still be running

A drop from RB Murphy on a crossing route.....that had the look of a HUGE play if he does not drop that ball

I am seeing a lot of ppl getting on Josh Allen's bad throws from yesterday (of which he did) but pass targets HAVE to make plays on balls that are close to them

I think both those plays had potential to be touchdowns

Couldn't agree more John. The Clay route should've been a skinny post. Not a flat seam. The throw to Holmes was catchable.  Every NFL caliber wr has a catch radius of 36 inches. Just because its 12 inches behind him doesn't mean he shouldn't make that play. Murphy just flat out dropped  perfect pass.

These wrs are soft and unmotivated 

Several need to be replaced 

Most of our OL ducks

McB you want to help Josh, take a break from the defense and start focusing on OL/WR.....

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Right now I think he is at 60 percent over 2 games.....

I think that will improve as the season progresses

50%...

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       2 1 0-1-0 24 48 50.0 319 1 2.1 2 4.2 57 6.6 5.2 13.3 159.5 61.0   8 52 4.77 3.52 14.3    
2018 22 BUF QB 17 2 1 0-1-0 24 48 50.0 319 1 2.1 2 4.2 57 6.6 5.2 13.3 159.5 61.0   8 52 4.77 3.52 14.3      

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm not learning from you! You want me to be your poster boy for the Whaley regime defender, keep it up. Damn. Find somebody pining for Watkins. There's other people at TBD man

You know better than that.

I don't want to purge you too. You're at least mildly entertaining!

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

50%...

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       2 1 0-1-0 24 48 50.0 319 1 2.1 2 4.2 57 6.6 5.2 13.3 159.5 61.0   8 52 4.77 3.52 14.3    
2018 22 BUF QB 17 2 1 0-1-0 24 48 50.0 319 1 2.1 2 4.2 57 6.6 5.2 13.3 159.5 61.0   8 52 4.77 3.52 14.3      

Sorry I was looking at QB rating

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

His accuracy might not improve dramatically......

But we have seen in just a small bit of time that his footwork can improve dramatically....which affects mechanics....he looks much better then he did at Wyoming.

The quality of his pass catcher's can also improve....thus improving the completion percentage.

Yeah, I get the difference between completion percentage & accuracy.

Ball placement is the issue.  That is talent driven.  I don't see that dramatically improving.

Great QB's have very good to great ball placement.  Good ball placement requires consistent accuracy, something Allen has lacked all of his career as a QB so far.  I don't understand why people think this will get better, magically.  It won't.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

50%...

yeah the Baltimore mop up duty pulled him down.  But like i said, with experience and better players around him,  he will be better.   But % is a good indicator .  

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

Yeah, I get the difference between completion percentage & accuracy.

Ball placement is the issue.  That is talent driven.  I don't see that dramatically improving.

Great QB's have very good to great ball placement.  Good ball placement requires consistent accuracy, something Allen has lacked all of his career as a QB so far.  I don't understand why people think this will get better, magically.  It won't.

Honestly do not think his ball placement is that bad...not for a rookie QB

Keep in mind that he is not one of those dink and dunk QBs......Josh Allen goes for the home run plays

17 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I liked it. Looks like the throw Antonio Brown comes up with on a circus catch. Big Ben can make those throws because he has one of the best WRs ever. 

I really really want to get a top 10 receiver somehow. When's the last time we had eliteness at that position?

the last elite wr we had was TO. Albeit past his prime. Other than that its Moulds.

Kinda sad when you think about...2014 was a huge swing anda miss.

Just now, nickrage said:

the last elite wr we had was TO. Albeit past his prime. Other than that its Moulds.

Kinda sad when you think about...2014 was a huge swing anda miss.

I think they make a major impact on games when they make plays on offense and swing the momentum. We ignore it and get by with Stevie Johnson.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I think they make a major impact on games when they make plays on offense and swing the momentum. We ignore it and get by with Stevie Johnson.

agreed. Plus look at what Fitz is now doing with elite talent around him.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

also... they didnt ignore it in 2014. They swung hard and struck out.

So basically what we’ve got on the board is one segment of fans who hated the Allen pick who can’t wait to call him a “bust”  and another segment who wants to blame everyone but Allen for anything that happens on the field.

This is the TT era all over again. 

I hope to hell Allen pans out if for no other reason that these binary readings of the Bills’ QB situation will be gone for the foreseeable future.