New Era Field

davspo

2 hours ago, CBend said:

Lines are typically very long at the opener. We usually make sure we get there by noon to ensure we see kickoff. 

Even that's cutting it close for the home opener. 

My rule of thumb is just like at the airport--two hours if you think it will be crazy crowded, 90 minutes if not.    In today's world, nobody can walk up to a gate an hour before the event and expect it to be an easy entry...

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I’ve had season tickets since 2006 and only one time I’ve experienced what you did yesterday. And thy was when a friend was trying to stay in the lots until 1230 at the opener. And yes, we missed about 5 minutes of the game because of it. But that is our own faults.

Yea this mirror's my experience. The opener is always a mad house even in the worst years, but if you leave by 12:15 your generally fine then and any other game its no issue. Back in the dark ages (2009-2011) I remember we would tailgate until 12:45-12:50 and usually miss a few minuets early in the season and by the end of the season you waltzed through.

Overall I have thought the fans experience has improved tenfold since I regularly started going 10 years ago. The concessions and beer lines typically are not bad, bathrooms have been improved, and getting in to the game hasn't been as bad.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm just one season ticket holder of many, but the only thing I commented on to the Bills this off season was the stupid train horn.  I'm sure the Bills read & considered my comment, yet on it blares.  

I'm with you.    I f'n hate that G-D thing.... 

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Yea this mirror's my experience. The opener is always a mad house even in the worst years, but if you leave by 12:15 your generally fine then and any other game its no issue. Back in the dark ages (2009-2011) I remember we would tailgate until 12:45-12:50 and usually miss a few minuets early in the season and by the end of the season you waltzed through.

Overall I have thought the fans experience has improved tenfold since I regularly started going 10 years ago. The concessions and beer lines typically are not bad, bathrooms have been improved, and getting in to the game hasn't been as bad.

That’s another thing. About 2 minutes after halftime started, my buddy and I walked up the tunnel to hit the head. Then we got in line for some more waters and diet cokes. With about a dozen or so people in front of us. We still made it back before the 2nd half started. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm with you.    I f'n hate that G-D thing.... 

And I love it too. So that evens it out again. 

Go Trainhorn!!!

• Haha (+1) 1